I've never owned a gaming headset but looking to get one and after reading up on some lately, and I think I've narrowed down my choices to two.
- Stereo sound is enough. I don't want to pay up to $200 (or more) for surround sound (sorry Astro fans).
- I do want a wireless headset.
- Multi-platform (PC and PS3) is necessary but I'll probably be using it most for PC.
1. Turtle Beach Ear Force PX3
2. Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset
The PX3 seems to be $139.99 - $149.99 everywhere I look while the Sony headset I've found as low as $79.99. Most reviews I read seem to be fairly underwhelming for the PX3 and positive for the Sony. I think a lot of that is based on the price/value. I'm generally a believer in "you get what you pay for" but is there really a $70 difference in the quality for these two? The PX3 also works for XBOX so I'm sure that adds a bit to it.