Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Report: UCLA's Anderson and Parker under investigation

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ny-parker-ucla

add that to Shabazz and now you have a full blown mess on your hands Howland i hope you're happy.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Report: UCLA's Anderson and Parker under investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...ny-parker-ucla

add that to Shabazz and now you have a full blown mess on your hands Howland i hope you're happy.

parker is not being investigated and is cleared, according to espn. but what do you mean by this? you do realize the bazz situation is he got his plane tickets paid for by his aau coach, for a visit to i think duke or something right? anderson i'm not really sure what's going on.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
beer
UCLA alumnus

well god damnit. i looked it up. they're looking into anderson and his relationship with an agent. thad foucher, agent of lamarcus aldridge, anthony davis, westbrook among others. if this is true, i'm more worried about anderson than bazz.

howland, i hope you're happy.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Two things that ticks me off about all of this are; First some school turned in evidence of violations in the recruitments of Muhammad, Anderson and Parker, according to SI..link below. So if that school would have landed either, some, or all of the players, would they have turned themselves in for violating NCAA rules? I doubt it. But because UCLA landed the players now some school is turning them in. That is junk.

And the second thing, the slowness of the NCAA. Here we are a month away from the start of a new college season and they are still holding an investigation on something that should have been started when these young men were being ranked in the top 20 or whatever. I feel badly for coach Howland in all of this.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz25bABR4AF
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

I don't.

Honestly, did a coach (I heard it was K, btw) really need to snitch about the Bazz recruitment? Everyone knew there was something dirty going on behind the scenes for well over a year. If fans and media knew about it so early in the process, I'm sure the NCAA would be investigating it sooner or later.

The slowness part, well, ****. I agree.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
parker is not being investigated and is cleared, according to espn. but what do you mean by this? you do realize the bazz situation is he got his plane tickets paid for by his aau coach, for a visit to i think duke or something right? anderson i'm not really sure what's going on.

the howland part is in reference to the article that came out after the whole reeves nelson expulsion that claimed Howland was a terrible coach in terms managing players egos and what not. also i dont like ben howland. so i it really isnt meant in any specific way, just referring to the state of his basketball program now

and about the pane tickets, i already knew about that, i posted a thread about it earlier in the summer

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=274740
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
beer
UCLA alumnus

anderson to be cleared

espn already reported parker wasn't being investigated.

so now we're all just waiting on the shabazz ruling.

btw i know this board isn't so active.... but why is there no thread on nerlens noel being investigated? it broke shortly after this thread was made...
Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
anderson to be cleared

btw i know this board isn't so active.... but why is there no thread on nerlens noel being investigated? it broke shortly after this thread was made...
Damn... I have bench tix for Georgetown UCLA game too...Really wanted to see Shabazz
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
beer
UCLA alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Damn... I have bench tix for Georgetown UCLA game too...Really wanted to see Shabazz

i'm right there with you man. i'm fairly confident bazz will be suspended...really hope his suspension isn't more than a couple games.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
Goliath Uterus
Y.G.R.N

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they really need to get rid of the "one and done" rule, or else shit like this will keep popping up every year. this kids will find a way to get paid.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Two things that ticks me off about all of this are; First some school turned in evidence of violations in the recruitments of Muhammad, Anderson and Parker, according to SI..link below. So if that school would have landed either, some, or all of the players, would they have turned themselves in for violating NCAA rules? I doubt it. But because UCLA landed the players now some school is turning them in. That is junk.

This is how you know Cal's not cheating. The guy with 8 degrees of separation between them is, but not Cal.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
anderson to be cleared

Noel's investigation was for grades and credits right? last I heard he did courses in the summer and got every mark he needed. He reclassified so he needed the extra credits, so naturally other colleges would want the NCAA to have a thorough look before UK gets yet another dominant shot blocker.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
beer
UCLA alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Noel's investigation was for grades and credits right? last I heard he did courses in the summer and got every mark he needed. He reclassified so he needed the extra credits, so naturally other colleges would want the NCAA to have a thorough look before UK gets yet another dominant shot blocker.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...caa/index.html
Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
Burgz V2
Good college starter

i definitely missed this.

http://news.providencejournal.com/sp...stigation.html

Quote:

PROVIDENCE -- For years now, Ryan Sweeney has hobnobbed with some of the best high school basketball talent in New England. Now the NCAA is asking him questions about his friends, one of whom happens to be the No. 1 recruit in the country.

Sweeney, 21, is a St. Andrew's School graduate who lives on the East Side of Providence with his parents. Over the years, he's welcomed New England prep stars such as Ricky Ledo, Nerlens Noel, Michael Carter-Williams and Khem Birch to his house where they'd watch TV, play video games and do whatever else teenage boys spend their time doing.

Two weeks ago, representatives from the NCAA and the University of Kentucky visited Sweeney's home to discuss his relationship with Noel, a 6-foot-10 center who enrolled last week as a freshman at UK. The officials met with Ryan Sweeney for nearly an hour, according to his father, Providence attorney Michael Sweeney. He would not comment when asked what was discussed but SI.com, the website for Sports Illustrated, reported earlier this last week that the NCAA also stopped at the Tilton (N.H.) School to further investigate potential eligibility issues regarding Noel.

"Nerlens has been at our house many times. He is Ryan's friend," said Michael Sweeney. "I'm not sure why the NCAA wanted to speak with Ryan but we cooperated, and I got the sense that everything was fine when the meeting was over."

Asked if he's ever provided money to Noel, Sweeney said: "Nerlens came to Florida with us once on vacation and he visited Ryan once at college (Florida Atlantic University) and we paid for his ticket. I will say we are not boosters of Kentucky."

In fact, Michael Sweeney has a long relationship with Providence College. He is a 1985 graduate and a long-time basketball season-ticket holder. Ryan Sweeney began attending PC's summer basketball camp as a young boy and has befriended numerous PC players over the last few years.

As a youth basketball player, Ryan Sweeney met Ledo, then a rising star from Providence's West End. The two remained acquaintances and both attended St. Andrew's.

Ledo is awaiting word from the NCAA on his eligibility to suit up for Providence this season. Unlike Noel's issues that focus on his potentially receiving possible illegal benefits, the NCAA is looking into Ledo's academic background.

Under the NCAA's rules, Michael Sweeney is a Providence booster. But while he has met coach Ed Cooley, Sweeney said he's never used his son's relationship with Ledo to influence his recruitment or spoken to anyone at PC about his son's connection with such elite prospects. It is not clear if the NCAA asked Ryan Sweeney any questions pertaining to his relationship with Ledo or if the meeting centered completely on Noel's case.

Because Ryan Sweeney has a "pre-existing relationship" with Ledo that began before he was a major recruit, the connection should not spark the NCAA's attention. The NCAA has rules that cover such relationships. A key question in an interpretation of the NCAA bylaw that governs "Benefits Resulting from an Established Relationship," asks "was the pattern of benefits provided to the athlete prior to the athlete attaining notoriety as a skilled athlete similar in nature to those provided after attaining such stature?"

Apprised of the rule, Michael Sweeney said, "There are no benefits. Ricky has never traveled with us. He might have had a piece of pizza at our house, that's it. We're not helping Ricky out at all."

doesn't sound as shady but still there are some questions marks.

maybe coach cal "smoothed" it over with those NCAA officials
Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #15
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua6t5...eature=g-all-u

UCLA have nabbed themselves one of the best recruiting classes in recent memory.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: