Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #31
BuffaloBill
Thanks for asking
 
BuffaloBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Yeah
Posts: 23,317
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Aside from stats, if you had to select a combo to win a big game.

In Order:

1. Matt Schaub/Andre Johnson
2. Aaron Rodgers/Jordy Nelson
3. Eli Manning/Hakeem Nicks
4. Big Ben/Mike Wallace
5. Jay Cutler/Brandon Wallace


Brandon Wallace goat
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #32
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,328
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
So a real football forum is one where the consensus agrees with your opinion?? And its not really a weak argument. Being in the minor of a debate where its about a 7-1 ratio of people going against you it is pretty telling that you could be wrong. In this case I believe you are.


Even going by your rankings I would say its debatable that everyone after Green is interchangeable with Marshall sans Cruz, Bowe, and even Wallace.



And funny, you say only if your last name is Owens can you lead the league in drops and get away with it yet Roddy led the league in that stat just a couple seasons ago.

Roddy unlike Marshall actually produces. There's a difference. Everyone after Green isn't interchangeable, stop it. I'd really love to know why Marshall is better than anyone on the list because his production DEFINITELY isn't an argument. He gets force fed the ball and his production is mediocre. Marshall isn't better than Wallace, at all. Don't even try to make that argument because it'd be stupid. I have yet to see you make an argument for Marshall being a top 10 receiver besides "oh he is top ten just because." By the way, the guy who quoted me first said Marshall is top 6 which yes is laughable in every sense of the word. Dude isn't even close to top 6, top 10 would actually be somewhat debatable.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Go on a REAL football forum and you'll find out what more knowledgeable fans think. Anyone who consistently leads the league in drops shouldn't be in the top 10 unless your name is Terrell Owens.

They can make up for drops. What is a REAL football forum? It's all just a bunch of people with opinions, some just have more elitist assholes that are full of themselves than others.

Quote:
Roddy unlike Marshall actually produces.

Interesting, the guy who is 2nd only to Welker in receptions and 5th in receiving yards over the past 5 seasons doesn't produce... He just doesn't have the highest TD numbers.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #34
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,328
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
They can make up for drops. What is a REAL football forum? It's all just a bunch of people with opinions, some just have more elitist assholes that are full of themselves than others.



Interesting, the guy who is 2nd only to Welker in receptions and 5th in receiving yards over the past 5 seasons doesn't produce... He just doesn't have the highest TD numbers.

9 TDs in 2 years. That's pathetic especially if you're trying to make a point that he's a top 10 receiver. Elite receivers usually get that in ONE year. It's not hard to rack up receptions when you're being targeted damn near 200 times a season. He gets force-fed the ball and his best season is 1100 and 10(He was a top 10 receiver that season though)? Are you kidding? That's a top 10 receiver to you? Any above average receiver who gets the amount of targets he gets is putting those numbers up. Add that to the fact that he's almost a lock for 10+ drops a year, it's laughable to even make the claim that he's a top 6 receiver. Again, not even top 10. Welker is 1st in receptions and probably the leader in receiving yards and where is he in the majority of top 10 rankings? Nowhere. Those stats are overrated unless you get damn near 1500 like Andre.

Last edited by TheNaturalWR : 10-04-2012 at 11:58 PM.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
9 TDs in 2 years. That's pathetic especially if you're trying to make a point that he's a top 10 receiver.

He played on a crappy offense with crappy QBs. Welker had a combined 7 TDs in '08 and '09. Steve Smith had just 9 in '09 and '10 or '10 and '11. Andre Johnson only had 7 combined in '05 and '06. Wayne only had 10 over the past 2 seasons. Bowe has only had 1 season with a lot of TDs. Roddy White only had 13 combined in '07 and '08, and that's not many more than 9. Then, there's a guy like Andre Reed who has had similar stretches multiple times. Isaac Bruce had a number of subpar TD seasons. James Lofton, too. Charlie Joiner, also. Michael Irvin, as well. Raymond Berry had a 2-year stretch where he only had 3 TDs. Holt only had 11 combined in '01 and '02. Art Monk never caught more than 8 TDs in a season. Moss didn't do a lot when he was with the Raiders. There have been a number of great receivers, including a number of HOFers I left out, who have had subpar TD seasons.

Quote:
It's not hard to rack up receptions when you're being targeted damn near 200 times a season. He gets force-fed the ball and his best season is 1100 and 10(He was a top 10 receiver that season though)?

He gets force-fed the ball because he's ****ing good. Is that hard to understand? Yeah, it's just oh so easy to get 100 receptions and 1,200 yards every year... He only had 3 TDs in 2010, but he missed some games, and was on a team with a terrible offense and a terrible QB. If it's just about TDs, then why is Michael Irvin considered to be one of the best? He's barely in the top 50 in TD receptions.

Quote:
Those stats are overrated unless you get damn near 1500 like Andre.

You were the one talking out of his ass pretending like he doesn't produce, but all you have are lame excuses. "It only matters if you have these arbitrary numbers I just made up on the spot."
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #36
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,279
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Because Peyton spreaded the ball around versus pressing on 1 or 2 wideouts. You already know this anyway

Rookie qbs tend to lean on reliable targets
Sure, but doesn't diminish the start Wayne and Luck have had. If anything I'm more impressed by it, new QB, new system, pretty much no other proven talent on the offense, and Wayne's still putting up ~8/100 a week at 33.

But yeah, if I'm reading it right the question is along the lines of a "you gotta win one game, pick a duo" type thing. And good as Luck is I'm not taking a rookie QB in that situation.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy