Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Will Nash be the first player to reach 20k points/10k assist in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
And you don't think that's possible?
Considering he's 38 I'm assuming he will probably retire first.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: Will Nash be the first player to reach 20k points/10k assist in history?

Magic didn't put up 20K? That was surprising...
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Hypothetically, if he plays three more years he could average:
90 games
12.4 ppg
And that would put him at 19,997 points, so I guess it could happen. I think its unlikely that all that happens though. Three more years and at 90 Games a season plus the PPG.
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #19
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He'll probably retire once his contract is over.

And yeah, I think Magic only had around 14K if I remember correctly.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #20
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Magic didn't put up 20K? That was surprising...

Magic retired at age 31 because of HIV. He would have easily gotten 20,000 had he wore a rubber.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #21
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

He could do it if he plays a couple of more years, something like 4 years at least.... he may get the 10000 assists, but i think he has around 16000 points, so i mean he will need another ~4000 and the last 2 seasons he averaged around 800-900 points per season, alongside Dwight/Kobe it could even be less maybe.... so yea, 4-5 more seasons would be a good guess.... but he is also like 38 now....

With other words its more likely he wont do it....

Last edited by pauk : 10-06-2012 at 12:36 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

However.... a guy by the name of Lebron is on a very good pace to fix that though when its all said and done (including be the first non-PG in NBA history to be on the top 10 assist leaders list)...

Lebron is not on pace only to be the first to 20k points/10k assists, but also 30k++ points/10k assists.... which will be an even more impressive & unbreakable record... the 30k is more than a guarantee, hell he will get much more than even that when his career is over unless something happens to him... so i will leave the points out of this assessment..

Lebron has right now 4751 assists and he is 27 year old while averaging 7 apg.... Lets bring it back to 6 assists a game and give him 76-82 games per season and let him play until he is close to Steve Nash age, that will give him another 5000-5500 assists, he will have at least 10000 assists....

I seriously doubt Lebron will average any less than 6 apg... hell, when his scoring & scoring priorities starts to decrease with age he will only look to pass even more....

...and to become the first non-PG in NBA history to get in on the top 10 assist leaders list he will need only 2700 more assists..... so you could say thats a guarantee he WILL....

Last edited by pauk : 10-06-2012 at 12:58 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: