Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Isiah Thomas/Bill Russell or Walt Frazier/Kareem

A Russell/Isiah team would have so much will to win it would probably spill over to its fanbase and the city they played for would become the economic capital of the country.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Isiah and Russel, quite easily.

Picking Kareem and Frazier sounds odd. Frazier is not as good as Isiah. Not at all. Maybe I would take Bucks Kareem over Russell, but overall Russell was the greater player. And regardless of who one would choose, it's a lot closer than Isiah and Frazier.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Isiah and Russel, quite easily.

Picking Kareem and Frazier sounds odd. Frazier is not as good as Isiah. Not at all. Maybe I would take Bucks Kareem over Russell, but overall Russell was the greater player. And regardless of who one would choose, it's a lot closer than Isiah and Frazier.
Frazier not as good as Zeke? His 36 and 19 in game 7 vs. Jerry West tells us otherwise.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm taking Zeke and Russell due to the fact the motivation to win would be ridiculous, and with an offensive guy who could score or pass and a guy who could defend like no other they'd make a great tandem. Their styles complement each other much more than Kareem and Fraizer do.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #20
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Frazier not as good as Zeke? His 36 and 19 in game 7 vs. Jerry West tells us otherwise.

I think there's a lot of revisionist history going on with Isiah. I think he's clearly the better player. I always thought he was well-regarded as the 3rd best PG ever. I don't see any reason to change.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #21
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I think there's a lot of revisionist history going on with Isiah. I think he's clearly the better player. I always thought he was well-regarded as the 3rd best PG ever. I don't see any reason to change.
I have Zeke over Frazier, but it's not easily.

Only reason people really put Zeke over Frazier is because it was his Pistons team. The Knicks weren't really his, it was either Reed's or he shared the headlines with Reed. Yet, I consider Frazier slightly better than Reed.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #22
oolalaa
I eat cheese

oolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Frazier didn't have 19 assists in game 7. The box score lied. The scorekeepers fudged the total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953IPz0fJcA

The absolute maximum number of assists I could give him is 11, but 2 of those are very borderline, and 1 occured with mere seconds remaining.

Last edited by oolalaa : 10-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.
oolalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #23
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT has decent reputationSHAQisGOAT has decent reputation

Frazier/Kareem, great both ways players, Isiah/Russ not quite, that simple for me.

Russ is better than Kareem defensively but that big of a gap, the gap offensive is bigger for Kareem. Isiah's better offensively than Frazier but not that big of gap, defensively the gap is bigger for Frazier.

Russ brings incredible intangibles and Isiah was clutch and had a big will to win but I think I would pick Frazier/Kareem.

Last edited by SHAQisGOAT : 10-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: