Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #16
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: In this point guard era,will there be PG that first to achieve 20000pts and 10000ast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Kobe played both PG and SG for most of his career.. He assisted more than anyone in his team.. Because he was listed as as sg that doesnt mean he didnt played as a pg.. Kobe is the best all around player of all time if not one of the best.. He can play multiple position if he like (pg, sg, sf and sometimes pf coz he can play in the post effectively better than any pf in the league..) Maybe now Kobe will play his true position as sg coz we already gotten a true pg in Nash but before Kobe was our best pg and sg even as forward before gasol..

Know your fact kid..

Actually Kobe has never touched/started the PG position in his life and rightfully so as he is the complete opposite to a what a facilitator / team-first / pass-first guy is.... even if you somehow forced him to be that type of a player it would be STUPID as it would bottleneck his tremendous scoring ability, his ability to impact the game with only his passing skills flails dramatically compared to what he can do with his scoring ability....... and Kobe playing PF because of his post game? damn... why not Center to?

Last edited by pauk : 10-06-2012 at 03:58 AM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
MastahX
I eat dead people

MastahX has decent reputation
Default Re: In this point guard era,will there be PG that first to achieve 20000pts and 10000ast?

First to achieve yes, but Stockton pretty much did that.

19,711 points, 15,806 assist

Half season more and he would have the 20k
MastahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lebron
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
exactly how I feel.

@kobe143: Kobe was a playmaker not a pg, get your facts straight. He made the plays but he never played as a pg. In the triangle offense you don't even need a pg just people that can pass well like Kobe. Heck if the Lakers had Kobe and lebron with scrubs when pj was there that team would've threepeat because those two are great playmakers and I think could've function together on the triangle offense even though some people disagree. But in last year Lakers offense it wouldn't function because brown offense needs a dominant guy and bigs so players like levron and Kobe wouldn't work together. It would've been lebron and wade all over again but with drama included.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lebron will, especially since I believe he'll go full time point guard when he becomes older.
Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
AK47DR91

Who cares about stats, I want to know if any of these *traditional size "great point guards" we're seeing in the Point Guard Era will ever lead a team to a championship.

*Zeke is the only under 6'6" PG to do so.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #22
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Kobe played both PG and SG for most of his career.. He assisted more than anyone in his team.. Because he was listed as as sg that doesnt mean he didnt played as a pg.. Kobe is the best all around player of all time if not one of the best.. He can play multiple position if he like (pg, sg, sf and sometimes pf coz he can play in the post effectively better than any pf in the league..) Maybe now Kobe will play his true position as sg coz we already gotten a true pg in Nash but before Kobe was our best pg and sg even as forward before gasol..

Know your fact kid..

Why don't you just write these posts, read them, and then just not post them? No one cares about your public kobe jackoff sessions in any thread that talks about any other player in the league

I think Cp3 or Deron have the best chance. It's gotta be someone who isn't dependant on athleticism and has decent durability (that's why I don't think rose, curry, or westbrook have a shot)
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I like how a 34year old, who's just past the halfway mark in the assist total, is listed. He'd only have to play another 16 years and he'd be there.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Lebron will, especially since I believe he'll go full time point guard when he becomes older.
After the way he played last year I really doubt it. Now, before you get on my ass for dissing Lebron, it seemed he played in the post way more than a facilitator. That, and seeing as how Bron and Wade tend to split the facilitator role when played, I don't know if I can see him getting that.

And to the OP, I doubt it happens with the modern slew of PGs.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #25
L8k3r5
Ariana Army

L8k3r5 is a pretty well-respected posterL8k3r5 is a pretty well-respected posterL8k3r5 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
L8k3r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Paul certainly has the best shot of the currenty PG's in the NBA. I would say Irving, but I don't know if he will be able to stay healthy, or continue to build off his great rookie year. My money is on LeBron becoming the first player to do it, but that's not the question.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #27
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Know your fact kid..

Kid? I'm at least 10 years older you, but that's neither here nor there. Judging by the way you type, and by your basketball IQ, you have to at least be a teenager, or maybe in your early twenties. If you are any older, then I truly do pity you. Pity you for having a dumbass momma that raised you wrong and lacked the fundamentals to give you any sort of knowledge whatsoever.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: