Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #526
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 5 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Also, Cromartie really proved himself tonight. Amazing performance.

At WR or CB? Honestly, Cromartie looks like he could be a halfway serviceable WR too in the league.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 AM   #527
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

i can't say enough good things about watt. that was honestly one of the most dominant DE performances i've ever seen. not just the sacks, but the QB pressures, the deflections and going inside to stop the run.

i'll admit i haven't seen a ton of texans play this year so i figured he was just beating a lot of single coverage and getting the upper hand. tonight though, jets were doubling him and clearly were paying attention. didn't matter...dude made plays all over the field. if they did single cover him, he beat the tackle almost every time...didn't even look to be in the same league.

this guy is going to put so much pressure on offenses. you might want to hang an extra back out there to try to pick him up. ya, he'll probably get steamrolled but at least he'll slow him down.

the only area i can see him really improve upon is using his hands to get inside more. that's not to say he's bad there either...he's good just not elite. he's already elite as a pass rusher and coverage guy for that position. the coverage and versatility is what sets him apart a bit from other sack artists.

is there any question that he's the best 3-4 DE in the game? DPOY so far imo. if he keeps this up over his career, we're talking HOF. i'm trying not to be a prisoner of the moment here, but like i said, that was plain dominant.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-09-2012 at 03:01 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #528
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i can't say enough good things about watt. that was honestly one of the most dominant DE performances i've ever seen. not just the sacks, but the QB pressures, the deflections and going inside to stop the run.

i'll admit i haven't seen a ton of texans play this year so i figured he was just beating a lot of single coverage and getting the upper hand. tonight though, jets were doubling him and clearly were paying attention. didn't matter...dude made plays all over the field. if they did single cover him, he beat the tackle almost every time...didn't even look to be in the same league.

this guy is going to put so much pressure on offenses. you might want to hang an extra back out there to try to pick him up. ya, he'll probably get steamrolled but at least he'll slow him down.

the only area i can see him really improve upon is using his hands to get inside more. that's not to say he's bad there either...he's good just not elite. he's already elite as a pass rusher and coverage guy for that position. the coverage and versatility is what sets him apart a bit from other sack artists.

is there any question that he's the best 3-4 DE in the game? DPOY so far imo. if he keeps this up over his career, we're talking HOF. i'm trying not to be a prisoner of the moment here, but like i said, that was plain dominant.

Watt was a monster on MNF, singlehandedly abused the Jets OL and passing attack. Reminded me of JPP's SNF domination against the Cowboys at Dallas last year.

IMO Both those guys, plus Aldon Smith, and Von Miller, are the future faces of defense in the NFL.

BTW that Reed kid on the Texans is pretty good too...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #529
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Watt was a monster on MNF, singlehandedly abused the Jets OL and passing attack. Reminded me of JPP's SNF domination against the Cowboys at Dallas last year.

IMO Both those guys, plus Aldon Smith, and Von Miller, are the future faces of defense in the NFL.

BTW that Reed kid on the Texans is pretty good too...

ya, kerrigan's way up there too. that 2011 defensive draft class is nuts. i like all those guys too...i just think watt has the highest ceiling of them all.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #530
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
ya, kerrigan's way up there too. that 2011 defensive draft class is nuts. i like all those guys too...i just think watt has the highest ceiling of them all.

oh yea forgot about Kerrigan. He's solid too.

So far, Watt has the DPOY award on lock. He's only 23 and is already one of the premier defensive linemen in the game, but what really strikes out at me is he's this disruptive (and athletic) as a 3-4 lineman (doesnt he play interior?) and close to 300 lbs. Thats crazy to even think about...

Upside though I'll go JPP just for how little football experience he has as well as age (22).

But Watt essentially stuffed the Jets offense BY HIMSELF...lol. Kid is already a problem in this league.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #531
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Nah, sorry. Jets play in one of the biggest markets in the country and your f fat f*ck of a coach has the biggest mouth in the league (not so talkative now since the team sucks.) There's no way people like me will leave you alone. Besides it's Tebow Timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He's not a fat **** anymore actually. He looks like half Rex out there.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: