Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #2461
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
chatzy anyone?

edit: jazzfan, stop in so we can discuss a potential deal.
link?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #2462
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

At work tonight so I couldn't chatzy.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #2463
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I like PT's team and all but let's not pretend that Shonn Greene isn't absolutely horrendous please.

For those tired of the bad beats with the matchups we should make this league an all-play league next year. H2H sucks.
Shonn Greene IS horrendous...in real life

In fantasy he is legit though, Jets only RB and he gets the rock a ton...AND he stays healthy

I'll snag him mid rounds next year too...

and H2H is just much more exciting than watching a point total...by the end of the year it should even out more...it isn't really that bad now
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #2464
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

"bad beats" happen in the real NFL too...the best team doesn't always win the game
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #2465
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

I agree that H2H is the way to go, but PT is only talking like that because his schedule has been a JOKE thus far. Till this week, only ONE of his opponents has even gone over 100. That's ridiculously lucky.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #2466
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I agree that H2H is the way to go, but PT is only talking like that because his schedule has been a JOKE thus far. Till this week, only ONE of his opponents has even gone over 100. That's ridiculously lucky.
After this week I will be one of the highest scoring teams in this league, deserving of a top spot...

It's not like I'm scoring like RBA and lucking out wins dude

Don't cry over Spillered milk Illini
Old 10-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #2467
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

[quote=-p.tiddy-]After this week I will be one of the highest scoring teams in this league, deserving of a top spot...

It's not like I'm scoring like RBA and lucking out wins dude

Don't cry over Spillered milk Illini[/QUOTE]
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #2468
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

You know you're a hypocrite when you write paragraph upon paragraph bitching about a certain league member doing something, then turning around a couple weeks later and pulling that EXACT same move.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #2469
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
You know you're a hypocrite when you write paragraph upon paragraph bitching about a certain league member doing something, then turning around a couple weeks later and pulling that EXACT same move.
Listen you idiot tool. We voted to keep the system in place, I was the one that wanted to CHANGE the system, so this wouldn't happen dipshit. Since we decided to uphold the rules, I'm going to play within them. Also you dumb monkey tard I own Ryan Matthews, I picked up Ronnie Brown (my backup).

Newsflash..no one (that I've spoken to) in this league likes you, and I'm actively trying to replace you next year.

PS your 1-5 and your team is garbage.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #2470
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Shonn Greene IS horrendous...in real life

In fantasy he is legit though, Jets only RB and he gets the rock a ton...AND he stays healthy

I'll snag him mid rounds next year too...

He's really not though, outside of his 2 good weeks he's averaged 4.15 points. That's bad. If S-Jax hadn't been equally as bad you wouldn't even have had Greene in your lineup for this week. He's one of those guys that may compile decent stats at the end of the year, but that you wish you wouldn't have had in your lineup for the majority of weeks.

Quote:
and H2H is just much more exciting than watching a point total...by the end of the year it should even out more...it isn't really that bad now

H2H isn't really that exciting. There was only one close game in this league this week. Most H2H games are not close. I agree that total points leagues aren't too exciting, that's why I'm advocating All-Play. Since you're playing every team every week, every team always has the opportunity to improve their spot in the standings. Look at tonight. RBA would need probably at least 70 points from his last 4 players to knock off JB. Not going to happen. But a much more doable 52, he possibly surpasses 3 teams. Marlo is down less than a point with Ryan Mathews. Snooze, he's already won that matchup. But with all-play he would be gunning for JB's 6 point lead + McGahee. With a big 26 point week he could overtake Dean's team. That all sounds a lot more exciting to me, but whatevs.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #2471
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Even though I have always played H2H, it really makes no sense. You have no control over what the other teams do and you can put up 30 more points than a lot of teams and still completely lose. The main thing H2H is good for is trash talk
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #2472
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Guys, the main thing H2H does is try to emulate the real NFL...that is what fantasy football is trying to do...create your own team of players and play actual games against other teams, just like the NFL does.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #2473
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

SCY, if you took the best two weeks away from just about any player and they look average or bad...lol

What a horrible way to judge...

"Hey, look if you take away these 6 TDs he doesnt look so great!"
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #2474
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Listen you idiot tool. We voted to keep the system in place, I was the one that wanted to CHANGE the system, so this wouldn't happen dipshit. Since we decided to uphold the rules, I'm going to play within them. Also you dumb monkey tard I own Ryan Matthews, I picked up Ronnie Brown (my backup).

Newsflash..no one (that I've spoken to) in this league likes you, and I'm actively trying to replace you next year.

PS your 1-5 and your team is garbage.

Spoken like a 14 year old girl. Good luck with your campaign douchebag. You cried endlessly about this shit then you did the same shit you cried about. As a matter of fact SCY said he would stop picking up players in that fashion because of your endless whining, and you turn around and do the same thing. I couldn't care less I just think it's hilarious how big a ****ing hypocrite you are.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #2475
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Spoken like a 14 year old girl. Good luck with your campaign douchebag. You cried endlessly about this shit then you did the same shit you cried about. As a matter of fact SCY said he would stop picking up players in that fashion because of your endless whining, and you turn around and do the same thing. I couldn't care less I just think it's hilarious how big a ****ing hypocrite you are.
I think its even funnier how you are 1-5 and weve played in around a handfull of fantasy leagues together and youve failed to make the playoffs once?

You obviously do care since you posted literally 1 minute after i picked up ronnie brown...who again is my backup. I specifically said in an earlier post that if youre picking up your backup I have no problek with it.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: