Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Concerned: Are we BIG enough?

Yes/Thread
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Question Re: Concerned: Are we BIG enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Remember we also do have Jamison at 6'9 who can also play the the four off the bench.

Look nobody will replace Lamar and his skill set and what he meant to our team during the recent back to back days. Even Lamar at this day and age can't. But remember Bynum was injured for the deep title runs.
We just need a healthy Pau and Howard. Hill will do well filling in the gaps from the bench to grab boards and make hustle plays. I love our big rotation right now. And like I said Jamison brings us a big who can spread the floor off the bench. Lakers will be fine.

Yup hill if healthy is the key!! Now for my ? Is the hack of shaq back? Howard shitty free throw shooter! End of close games!! Or did the rules change?
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Remember we also do have Jamison at 6'9 who can also play the the four off the bench.

Look nobody will replace Lamar and his skill set and what he meant to our team during the recent back to back days. Even Lamar at this day and age can't. But remember Bynum was injured for the deep title runs.
We just need a healthy Pau and Howard. Hill will do well filling in the gaps from the bench to grab boards and make hustle plays. I love our big rotation right now. And like I said Jamison brings us a big who can spread the floor off the bench. Lakers will be fine.

Come on now......Jamison is NOT known for playing any defense.....and defense wins championships right?
Reality check: Dwight = Back Issues, Hill = Back Issues, Pau = Disappears in the playoffs.........now take out 2 of these players off the team and what do we have left?
Pau should never be asked to backup at center unless it's against some undersized weak guy.
We can't go down this road with Sacre or some other non-NBA stiff unless there are no better options........besides that I don't want Birdman playing against us on specific teams that could cause trouble.

I do love you guys overconfidence / arrogance....is some ways
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Who would you let go of in order to add another big ?

Last edited by TryToBeUnbias : 10-13-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sign Paul Davis
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Not at all. Lets see how Howard, Hill and Jamison perform and then sign someone later this season. we had some Vets previous seasons and they hardly played. So lets wait and see, there is enough time.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #22
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
Not at all. Lets see how Howard, Hill and Jamison perform and then sign someone later this season. we had some Vets previous seasons and they hardly played. So lets wait and see, there is enough time.

Better to have a guy who can play right now and not need him than to need a guy later and none are available. I don't think teams are going to want to help us once we get things rolling. Birdman is far better than anyone who will be available at any point this season for the vet minimum.....I guarantee you this.
It's called insurance.....and YES we need it.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #23
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Sure, thats another way to see it. i rather wait and see if we need someone and who is available then. but you are right about Birdman, he would be the perfect big as addition.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #24
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I realize we are loaded with talent and experience... well done Mitch!!!

BUT:

our last two rings were primarily because of the combination of KB
and our THREE BIGS (Pau, Drew, Lamar)... that was an amazing front
line rotation...

I know Pau and Dwight will play most of the minutes, but my question
is whether or not Hill and Sacre are equal to Lamar's contribution?

I started thinking about this when looking at BOS's lineup... (hoping they
can beat MIA (my least fav team))..... they have:

Bass 6'8"
Colins 7'
Garnett 6' 11"
Melo 7'
Millicic 7'
Sullinger 6'9"
Wilcox 6' 10"
Green 6' 9"

That's a lot of frickin' BIGS!!! with 6 fouls each... they could put
us on the line all night......

Wouldn't another talented C or PF really help us?

just thinking out loud.....

we need to worry about Miami/OKC than worrying about the celtics...I am concerned if we have enough perimeter guys to guard lebron/wade...durant/harden/westbrook
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #25
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Pau held his own against Dwight and KG.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

We typically leave a roster spot open
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #27
OG LeeTSkeeT
Mr.Rager

OG LeeTSkeeT has decent reputation

Earl Clark is out. Hit up the Birdman or K-Mart....
OG LeeTSkeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #28
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
we need to worry about Miami/OKC than worrying about the celtics...I am concerned if we have enough perimeter guys to guard lebron/wade...durant/harden/westbrook

I hear ya... but we beat them in 08, 09, and 10 because we were much
bigger.... dominated the boards.... I see that as the best strategy as
we do have many of the same players....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #29
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

I wouldn't be against signing Birdman.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: