Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #16
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Re: Eurostep// Two-step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_3

I think it matters, and honestly when i drive the lane and use the eurostep ill usually step towards the side the defender in front of me is on with the first and away on the second shielding the ball with my body on the way up. works normally for me

that's what i usually do, but there will still be others there to attempt to block the shot so if i don't get off the second step properly i'm just begging to get my shot swatted.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
I only have one variant of the euro step that I can do pretty well. I also use a fake pass at the same time. When the defender bites, oh you hear the crowd lol. I found the closer to the d you pull it off the more effective it is as you take up their space.

i pulled off the eurostep once during a road game in high school against our bitter rivals. it amused me to hear them all yelling profanities calling for a travel when it was just a well-executed two-step.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #18
Jameerthefear
C/O 2016

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only time it worked for me was in a pickup game. Other times I just can't seem to pull it off.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #19
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

The eurostep is called that because the euro (german) sport of team handball uses this tactic in that sport.

Since many euros have played team handball, they use it in basketball too.

It's no coincidence mostly euro players use this move.

Manu still has the best euro as of now.

I cringe of having to use it myself because on the playground I am likely to sprain my knees doing it
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
2swift4u
High School Starter

2swift4u has decent reputation2swift4u has decent reputation

as somebody has mentioned before you mainly need to master the steps by doing it again and again and after a while it get's kind of automatic. I'm not the greatest b-ball player but the euro step has worked very well for me in the past because the defenders usually fall for the fake. The hard part is to do it instinctively. that's why I said it's easier to do it during a fast break because you have some time to prepare yourself for the move. To do it in traffic and decide whether to go left or right in a split of a second is where this move becomes very difficult and confusing. (of course that's true for most basketball moves )
2swift4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #21
Semi
Great young streetballer

Semi has decent reputationSemi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
The eurostep is called that because the euro (german) sport of team handball uses this tactic in that sport.

Since many euros have played team handball, they use it in basketball too.

It's no coincidence mostly euro players use this move.

Manu still has the best euro as of now.

I cringe of having to use it myself because on the playground I am likely to sprain my knees doing it

You have no idea what you're talking about so just stop it. In handball there is no such thing as the two-step as you can use three steps in handball. Just stop talking out of your ass about things you have no clue about...
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #22
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
that's what i usually do, but there will still be others there to attempt to block the shot so if i don't get off the second step properly i'm just begging to get my shot swatted.

Lol i feel you, just gotta be smart about when to pull it off
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: