Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #76
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter


Elite anchor?


Put the pipe down man.




Well, if you wanna be dumb, you go and be. Asik is probably a top 5 defensive center. If you can't see that, then you're an idiot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Noah isn't anything special, either. He got overpaid, too. Meanwhile we gave a superior version of him away for free.99 (Tyson Chandler)



Chandler is not better than Noah, at anything. Ehh, he's a pure center and more of an anchor, so I guess he's better there.


Noah is the better defender, I feel. Better shot-blocker, very good passer, more all-around, can play PF (might even be one), equal rebounder, better offensive player with ease and very serviceable in that regard.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 10-18-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #77
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Chandler is not better than Noah, at anything.
He's clearly a superior athlete. Better pick and roll player, better interior defender / shot blocker. Same level in terms of rebounding. Yes, Chandler is better. Chandler is the main reason why the Mavericks went from stiff playoff competition to NBA champion.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #78
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
He's clearly a superior athlete. Better pick and roll player, better interior defender / shot blocker. Same level in terms of rebounding. Yes, Chandler is better. Chandler is the main reason why the Mavericks went from stiff playoff competition to NBA champion.



I'll give him interior defender, but he's not a better shot-blocker. Chandler has never been a particularly good shot-blocker. Noah is better.


But you're right, he is the better athlete. As far as the pick n' roll, I wouldn't agree. I'm not saying Noah is better, but I don't necessarily think Chandler is either.


Noah is also 3 years younger. And I do think he's the better player. On defense, he reminds me a little of KG and a lot of Davis. I think he's better suited to being given full roaming license on the defensive end. I like him as more of a PF/C combo than as an actual C...main reason why, if I'm the Bulls, I do everything to trade for Al Horford.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #79
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 16,885
Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Well, if you wanna be dumb, you go and be. Asik is probably a top 5 defensive center. If you can't see that, then you're an idiot.


I dont know about Go Getter but i have access to watch all of his games for free without having to see them through some shitty quality channel on the internet.

He has potential but he has A LOT to learn... like catching passes..

i wish him the best but i'm just letting you know unless McHale do some kind of miracle, Asik isn't going to reach your expectations anytime soon

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 10-18-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #80
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
I dont know about Go Getter but i have access to watch all of his games for free without having to see them through some shitty quality channel on the internet.

He has potential but he has A LOT to learn... like catching passes...



Of course, but that was what I said in my original post. He could end up being even the 2nd best defensive C in the league. Certainly should end up top 5. And if he can simply catch a pass (which I think should he is already improving) then he should be fine.


Regardless, the level of defense he played for the Bulls, spread out over 30min (which is not easy, I understand) is certainly worth his contract.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #81
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I'll give him interior defender, but he's not a better shot-blocker. Chandler has never been a particularly good shot-blocker. Noah is better.


But you're right, he is the better athlete. As far as the pick n' roll, I wouldn't agree. I'm not saying Noah is better, but I don't necessarily think Chandler is either.


Noah is also 3 years younger. And I do think he's the better player. On defense, he reminds me a little of KG and a lot of Davis. I think he's better suited to being given full roaming license on the defensive end. I like him as more of a PF/C combo than as an actual C...main reason why, if I'm the Bulls, I do everything to trade for Al Horford.

Agree, Horford would do wonders for the Bulls. And yes, he is a PF. We have no choice, because we don't have a center that can spread the floor. Nazr can definitely do that, but he's not starter material.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #82
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

I'm torn between Chandler and Noah. Chandler is by far the better rim protector. Where as Noah is the better defender hedging off picks and having to guard guards/forwards. Overall, Noah is much more versatile defensively, and is a much better player on the offensive side. Chandler is better on the pick n roll though. You really can't go wrong with either player.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #83
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
I'm torn between Chandler and Noah. Chandler is by far the better rim protector. Where as Noah is the better defender hedging off picks and having to guard guards/forwards. Overall, Noah is much more versatile defensively, and is a much better player on the offensive side. Chandler is better on the pick n roll though. You really can't go wrong with either player.



Chandler is a true center. Noah isn't. A guy like Horford is a combo PF/C himself. They played together in Flordia. Horford can handle the post, while Noah is given the license to roam around.


He's not a rim protector.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #84
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,580
Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Boozer being a star in Utah is an intresting way of remembering it. All I remember in Utah is a certain point guard and a certain flex offense covering up Boozer's many weaknesses and his lack of effort.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #85
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,859
tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Chandler is a true center. Noah isn't. A guy like Horford is a combo PF/C himself. They played together in Flordia. Horford can handle the post, while Noah is given the license to roam around.


He's not a rim protector.

I know. That's why Noah is he better all around defender. He's lighter and more agile. Where as Tyson has a true centers frame, and can command the paint better.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy