Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default 23 hr flight from NY to Seoul - need a game to download and play on my laptop

My daughter will have a monopoly on the Ipad so my only chance is from my laptop. I'm a big fan of old school RPG's. Bad news is I pretty much finished all square RPG's and adventure games in emulators (FF1-FF6, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Manas, Spacebound, Link to the Past, Tactics, Front Mission, even a translated Dragoon Warrior)

Any recommendations? Haven't ventured to emulators since the GBA. Are there nice games now I could download to kill time?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 23 hr flight from NY to Seoul - need a game to download and play on my laptop

Looks like you've been playing SNES games on emulators mostly?

The original Playstation is arguably as loaded with them as the SNES, and unless your laptop is ancient it will run PS just fine. So the next Final Fantasy's, Lunar SSS & Eternal Blue, Tales of Eternia, Chrono Cross, Suikoden, all that good shit.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 23 hr flight from NY to Seoul - need a game to download and play on my laptop

I'm not a computer gamer by any means. Don't think these fit what you are looking for either...

The only games I've played in the last few years have been:
--Altitude - Probably going to want to be online for this.. One of the best online games I've ever played. Stupidly addicting.
--Oregon Trail - Yeah, that one.
--Civ 5 - Terrifically developed, very replayable, and the games take a long while so this is good one for your situation.
--Minecraft - Another good for a long flight. I'm sure you probably played it by now.
--Armadillo Run - A physics game. Fun time killer, really.
--Virtual Villagers - Kind of a interactive puzzle deal. I found it challenging and real time helps develop in the game.

And I would recommend them all.

Have a nice flight.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Be sure to check out korean cinema while you're their!
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Looks like you've been playing SNES games on emulators mostly?

The original Playstation is arguably as loaded with them as the SNES, and unless your laptop is ancient it will run PS just fine. So the next Final Fantasy's, Lunar SSS & Eternal Blue, Tales of Eternia, Chrono Cross, Suikoden, all that good shit.
Cool i was hoping ps1 games can now be emulated. Any recommendations what emulator to use and sites to download games?

on snes emulators. I did play a lot of games on the gba emulators. Finished the castlevanias, advanced wars, fire emblems, mega man zeros, super robot wars, and the ff6 remake to name a few.

Might give chrono cross another try, and this time figure out what the hell s actually going on
Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Be sure to check out korean cinema while you're their!
As opposed to on DVD where you can have subtitles?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Cool i was hoping ps1 games can now be emulated. Any recommendations what emulator to use and sites to download games?

on snes emulators. I did play a lot of games on the gba emulators. Finished the castlevanias, advanced wars, fire emblems, mega man zeros, super robot wars, and the ff6 remake to name a few.

Might give chrono cross another try, and this time figure out what the hell s actually going on

I'd go with PCSX-Reloaded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ai8LXxrAPMdndEVDTnNTMmE3akV5a0RnTkhSZEFzZ EE&gid=0
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you ever play Earthbound on the SNES? They also have the translated sequel, Mother 3, on the GBA, both extremely excellent games
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you like turn based tactics, try FF tactics and Shining Force 2 on the Sega Genesis, one of my favourite games of all time.

As far as non emulator games go, Heroes of Might Magic 3 is incredible, XCOM just came out with a new game and so did the Worms franchise
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Did you ever play Earthbound on the SNES? They also have the translated sequel, Mother 3, on the GBA, both extremely excellent games
yes i played the original earthbound. Never got to play with Mother 3 on the GBA. I think I stopped with emulators before they had it translated.

How are the battle sequences? EB was good, but battles were just boring. I always wanted to see how you beat an alien with a baseball bat.

Quote:
As far as non emulator games go, Heroes of Might Magic 3 is incredible, XCOM just came out with a new game and so did the Worms franchise
I remember Heroes. I don't think I vaguely remember trying out abandonware. Not sure if it was Heroes 2 or 3. I'll look into it
Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
Maniak
Poor Man's Jaydacris

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

when are you leaving and how long will you be there for?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Crystallis was my favorite on the NES. You could also try some Dragon Warrior IV.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Xenogears, especially if you like Chrono Trigger/Cross music
Mass Effect if your laptop can support it.
Secret of Mana
Planescape
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: