Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Drafted for Roto, how did it go?

What's up fellas, took some time away from fantasy hoops, but back in my old roto league and wanted some feedback from you on my draft

10 teams, 8 categories (no TOs), Roto
PG - Deron
SG - Felton
G - Curry
SF - Paul George
PF - Faried
F - Noah
C - Aldridge
C - Pekovic
Util - Lillard
Util - David West
Bench - JR Smith, Dalembert, CJ Miles, Vucevic

Thoughts?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Drafted for Roto, how did it go?

Hey Ben! long time no see. Good to see you back in the fantasy Forum!!

Your team doesn't look too bad. Two players I'm weary of are Felton and Dalembert.

Felton is going to have competition at the point with the signing of Kidd. So if he starts to play bad I can see them limiting his minutes and splitting them with Kidd. As you know Felton has always been inconsistent.

Dalembert has been injury prone in his career. Great source for blocks and rebounds. If he stays healthy.

Just my opinion hope I'm wrong for your sake. But you could always look to package them up and try to get another PG. Which your team looks like it could use. Maybe Dragic?

Vucevic is a big time sleeper imo and an excellent draft choice.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
What's up fellas, took some time away from fantasy hoops, but back in my old roto league and wanted some feedback from you on my draft

PG - Deron
SG - Felton
G - Curry
SF - Paul George
PF - Faried
F - Noah
C - Aldridge
C - Pekovic
Util - Lillard
Util - David West

Thoughts?
team looks good man. news in regards to deron's ankle is a lil nerve wrecking but if he stays healthy, he will be in beast mode all year. I think you could do better than JR and miles on your FA list. maybe another pg could help. or trading/picking up jarret jack to handcuff your curry.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Thanks guys. Because its roto, im less worried about bench guys like Dalembert for long stretches of time, as i wont use him like i would in H2H.

Feeling concerned with Deron's ankle.

Does dealing Deron for Wall and Ilyasova help me long term? Short term, i plug Lillard into my PG spot and hope someone like West/Vucevic/Dalembert can help for a couple weeks. Would prob drop Miles.

PG - Deron
SG - Felton
G - Curry
SF - Paul George
PF - Faried
F - Noah
C - Aldridge
C - Pekovic
Util - Lillard
Util - David West
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Someone school me on how roto works and draft strategy.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far

deron still first round talent. you'd atleast want someone back of equal value. wall and ersan are nice but seems very risky. esp with only 10 teams the trading partner will be able to makeup the difference in the two for one easily.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Someone school me on how roto works and draft strategy.

In generalized terms, and anyone feel free to add something I forgot -

H2H is a gonzo situation, where you want as many guys and games played crammed into a week as possible, because there's no limit and every point/board/steal etc can win you that category in a given week. You're thinking short term/week to week with most waiver moves as to who can help you the most at that moment with a particular category. You hope to build a team that punts one or two cats and is fantastic in all the others, because as long as you're winning 5-4 or 6-3 each week you're in good shape to make the playoffs.

Roto is more about efficiency and long-term, in that you only have 82 games for each position, and you need to get as much from each individual game as possible. You're keeping stats over the entire course of the season and getting a score of 1-10 in each category from that entire-season total, so you're thinking long-term in most cases. Unless a starter is hurt or under-performing, I'm keeping him in my starting lineup and my bench players are staying on the bench. I still want my bench to perform as needed, but I generally look to improve my starting lineup only from an efficiency perspective and worry less about my bench players. You might punt a category to make your team ultra-efficient, but often the way to win is to be very good in every category to tabulate as much total points as possible.
So in a 10 team league where I'm the best in points/boards/steals/, and the worst in blocks, my team has 31 points - 10 each from points/boards/steals, and only 1 point from blocks. If I can have one category where I'm a 4, another a 6, and the rest a 9-10, I have a good shot at winning the league.

From wikipedia- Rotisserie scoring encourages balance on the team's roster. Winning the rebounds category by one rebound or by one thousand rebounds counts the same, while winning the steals category by one steal and the assists category by one assist is worth twice as many points as winning the single rebounding category by one thousand rebounds. Successful teams must fare well in several categories to win in rotisserie leagues.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: