Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #406
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

Well sure, that was a bad play, but you have to expect a little bad with the good considering this is only his 2nd year. You can't forget too that Dallas was pressuring the crap out of him...which will make anyone "shaky".

Heh, I guess the similar helmets confused me a little, because I screamed "TOUCHDAMMIT" all in one word during that play. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

Me, not so much.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #407
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Well sure, that was a bad play, but you have to expect a little bad with the good considering this is only his 2nd year. You can't forget too that Dallas was pressuring the crap out of him...which will make anyone "shaky".

Heh, I guess the similar helmets confused me a little, because I screamed "TOUCHDAMMIT" all in one word during that play. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

Me, not so much.

I know what you mean. It's sad and funny at the same time.

Cam is going to be fine. Our problem was in overpaying people out of a sense of loyalty which left us over the cap with no secondary. I know Richardson wants to model his franchise after the Steelers, but he should take a look at the Patriots. They have no allegiance to their players and they seem to do alright.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #408
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Once again we snatch defeat from the hands of victory. Coaching staff has to go.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #409
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

You know what? I'm placing this one on Cam. The defense played spectacular. 6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. That's great for us.

After Chicago cut it to 19-12, me and my friend were talking. Just as I was about to say "I bet Cam throws an interception this drive," he throws it right to the Bears. No excuse whatsoever.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #410
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
You know what? I'm placing this one on Cam. The defense played spectacular. 6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. That's great for us.

After Chicago cut it to 19-12, me and my friend were talking. Just as I was about to say "I bet Cam throws an interception this drive," he throws it right to the Bears. No excuse whatsoever.

In all fairness to Cam, Steve Smith fell down on that play. The ball was where it was supposed to be. It doesn't excuse his other turnovers though.

Speaking of defense, they were terrific except at the end when they let the Bears march down the field.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #411
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

See everyone says Smith fell down. I didn't see it. Every replay I saw, not only was Smith on his feet, he was running what looked like a slant.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #412
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
See everyone says Smith fell down. I didn't see it. Every replay I saw, not only was Smith on his feet, he was running what looked like a slant.

Well it's not like we haven't seen him throw interceptions like that before. Jennings was wicked fast too. Wish he played for us.

The defensive play was similar to the Falcons game: solid for most of the game and then collapsing on the last drive. Unacceptable.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #413
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I've had it with this team. Wake me up when we have a new manager, coaching staff, and we've shed all the overpaid stiffs on the team.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #414
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I never thought I'd say this, but our defense is the best part of the team, minus Godfrey and Munnerlyn. They've gotta go.

Chudzinski doesn't realize that the routes his receivers are running are too long. Our offensive line is horrendous. Cam Newton only trusts Greg Olsen. Deangelo Williams has disappeared. And our special teams are nonexistent.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #415
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
I never thought I'd say this, but our defense is the best part of the team, minus Godfrey and Munnerlyn. They've gotta go.

Chudzinski doesn't realize that the routes his receivers are running are too long. Our offensive line is horrendous. Cam Newton only trusts Greg Olsen. Deangelo Williams has disappeared. And our special teams are nonexistent.

Well said. A sad state of affairs.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #416
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Only we could have a 2 possession lead with less than 5 minutes to go and blow the game.

That being said, the only teams worse than us are Jacksonville and Kansas City. That's how far we've fallen. We're on the level with the Cleveland Browns.

So since we're getting a top 5 pick next year more than likely, who do you guys think we should go after? Mine are in no particular order:

Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
Luke Joeckel, OT TA&M
Star Lotulelei, DT, UTAH
Dee Milliner, CB, ALA
Robert Woods, WR, USC
Tyler Eifert, TE, ND
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #417
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Only we could have a 2 possession lead with less than 5 minutes to go and blow the game.

That being said, the only teams worse than us are Jacksonville and Kansas City. That's how far we've fallen. We're on the level with the Cleveland Browns.

So since we're getting a top 5 pick next year more than likely, who do you guys think we should go after? Mine are in no particular order:

Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
Luke Joeckel, OT TA&M
Star Lotulelei, DT, UTAH
Dee Milliner, CB, ALA
Robert Woods, WR, USC
Tyler Eifert, TE, ND

We definitely need help on the O line but I don't want another Jeff Otah.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #418
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

So we got rid of Chris Gamble "for financial reasons." Why the hell did we end up in the gutter in the first place? Because you have to pay to have talent to be able to win games. I think that dementia has set in for Jerry Richardson. Or else he's been having too many conversations with Michael Jordan and his predecessors on how to ruin a team.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #419
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

The problem is that we rewarded players for their loyalty (Gross, Johnson, Gamble, Williams) with huge contracts that have put us in salary cap hell. It's gonna take a few seasons before that gets worked out.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #420
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
The problem is that we rewarded players for their loyalty (Gross, Johnson, Gamble, Williams) with huge contracts that have put us in salary cap hell. It's gonna take a few seasons before that gets worked out.

So are you saying that it's a good thing to cut good players because we're paying them too much? That perhaps we can get equally good players for a more reasonable amount of money? I'll still look forward to the upcoming season.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: