Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
senelcoolidge
Good college starter

senelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysenelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Pistons: It's so Cold in the D

Kyle Singler plays a lot of minutes on this Pistons team..that's enough to tell you this team is a piece of crap. Their guards are dumb as hell.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

Detroit needs to tank for Shabazz and build around of the trio of Shabazz, Monroe, and Drummond.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd much rather this team be really bad than mediocre. At least if they end up with a top lottery pick they will have a solid core of guys there. Nobody thought this rebuilding effort was going to happen overnight. Top FA's aren't begging to come to Detroit. It's not like Dwight Howard put the Pistons on his wish list. It was going to need to be done through the draft. Monroe is a beast. Drummond looks like he's going to be a very good C one day. Knight has shown promise too. I think this year if they can draft a very good SG or SF it will be a core of guys that will cause many teams in the East problems for years. I really want Joe D to do everything through the draft. Save the cap space to keep around the young talent. There's nobody in this FA class that is going to turn things around. We have to be patient and let him do this the right way. Even though Detroit is losing, I'm enjoying watching the young guys get their chance. If somehow they could land a guy like Shabazz, this would be a really exciting team again.

I would like to see Tay get a chance elsewhere. As long as we could land a 1st round pick I think it would be worth it. He can't be all that happy right now. He's a very under rated guy who could be just what a team is missing that's trying to make a championship run.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
Mavsman22
I airball my layups

Mavsman22 has an OK reputation so far

I've been interacting with some bottom feeding team fans, and the Pistons fans have been by far the most reasonable. Kudos to you guys!
Mavsman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #20
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

LAClipsFan33 has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg

It's so Cold
LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

id be kinda happy if i were a detroit fan

the pistons were in danger of entering that middle ground, of not good enough to compete for a title, but making the playoffs, while not being bad enough to get an elite player through the draft

if they can get a scorer on the wing, they would have a really solid core going forward, and a pretty high ceiling, considering drummond's potential
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #22
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
id be kinda happy if i were a detroit fan

the pistons were in danger of entering that middle ground, of not good enough to compete for a title, but making the playoffs, while not being bad enough to get an elite player through the draft

if they can get a scorer on the wing, they would have a really solid core going forward, and a pretty high ceiling, considering drummond's potential

I've been saying this for a long time (years). I don't want Detroit to fight for an 8 seed. I'm not saying they're tanking either. They really are just not good enough. My point is if you're mediocre you get mid-first round picks that aren't franchise changing players. The only way Detroit is going to get back to the top is with a great draft pick. There's too many fans who seem to think with a ton of cap space Detroit will magically be better. It's because they've lived in Michigan their entire lives and haven't travelled anywhere. While Michigan has many great aspects for living there (affordable housing, the great lakes, etc), superstars aren't targeting Detroit as a landing spot. This needs to be done through the draft. There's a great group of young players there. With a really good pick this year things will turn around.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: