Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #16
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He's FAR from The Man...the only thing keeping fans from outright REVOLT is to see if he can actually swing this deal and get Iverson in green.
Really, which fas are these? I like AI and would like to see him in green, but not at the wrong cost. A few 50 win seasons is not worth giving away the future.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Im really not a big Celtics fan, I actually hate them. But I want them to be good, so Chicago will suck and give us a good pick. The Celtics are well built this year, I think they could go as far as the eastern conference finals (where they will be defeated by the Knicks)

Actually, if the Bulls suck and the Knicks somehow end up with a better record then us then we keep our picks. Remember, the Bulls have the option to swap picks so more then likely we'll end up having a better record which means we'll be able to get a better pick then you guys.

But for the Celtics. I am sort of happy that they got Telfair although I'm not sure how he'll fit in the team and well, the city. This city doesn't like many guys like him. He's like the first "thug" the C's have had. This town is made of plenty of blue-collar guys and that's what the sports teams are made of. The Varitek's, Schilling's, Brady's, Troy Brown's, Paul Pierce's of the city and now they bring in Telfair who is the opposite of that. And they're talking about bringing in AI who this city absolutely BOO'S everytime he touches the ball. Wow, that'd be surprising but, I see myself going to more C's games this year. Green-Pierce-Jefferson-Telfair will be nice to watch on the floor whenever their together. If they bring in AI, I will definately buy plenty of tix.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #18
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

All the "thug" nonsense is overblown. Boston fans like a player who performs well. If Telfair is the goods he'll be liked plenty. Ricky Davis was also a "thug" and everyone loved him, he even had his own cheering section.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #19
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Those "You're Not Ricky" chants to opposing players were pretty hilarious.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #20
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
But for the Celtics. I am sort of happy that they got Telfair although I'm not sure how he'll fit in the team and well, the city. This city doesn't like many guys like him. He's like the first "thug" the C's have had. This town is made of plenty of blue-collar guys and that's what the sports teams are made of. The Varitek's, Schilling's, Brady's, Troy Brown's, Paul Pierce's of the city and now they bring in Telfair who is the opposite of that.

Overall a blue-collar city. But let's not forget about Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan, etc. The "gangstas" in that area would love to see AI and Telfair on the C's.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #21
PoisonousDart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PoisonousDart has an OK reputation so far
Default Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
Overall a blue-collar city. But let's not forget about Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan, etc. The "gangstas" in that area would love to see AI and Telfair on the C's.

I'm from the South End and you can include me in the group of people...I wouldn't consider myself gangsta , though. One.
PoisonousDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #22
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

People in Boston wont like Telfair because of where hes from????

Our star player, grew up in INGLE WOOD.....His older brothers were bloods,and grew up in the ghetto next door to COmpton. He went to HS at the time where SOUTH CENTRAL LA was really bad,(RACE RIOTS,Rodney king ****)

We accepted him very good.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #23
PoisonousDart

PoisonousDart has an OK reputation so far
Default Yup, but...

Paul Pierce also played at Kentucky with solid citizens like Raef LaFrentz, Scot Pollard and Jacque Vaughn. They were like one of America's favorite teams next to Duke. Had Paul played for one of those Fresno State, UNLV or Cincinatti squads, you know, the ones the media didn't like as much (wink wink nudge nudge) his reception would be different. Since when would Sebastian Telfair be considered a "thug". He's as far from a thug as you can get! One.
PoisonousDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #24
Thumper

Thumper has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonousDart
Paul Pierce also played at Kentucky with solid citizens like Raef LaFrentz, Scot Pollard and Jacque Vaughn. They were like one of America's favorite teams next to Duke. Had Paul played for one of those Fresno State, UNLV or Cincinatti squads, you know, the ones the media didn't like as much (wink wink nudge nudge) his reception would be different. Since when would Sebastian Telfair be considered a "thug". He's as far from a thug as you can get! One.

Pierce was from Kansas not Kentucky.

Welcome to all - Not sure I liked the move but hopefully it will lead to better things.

Not a fan of AI playing in green either. Way too much baggage.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 AM   #25
Snoopy
I brick open layups

Snoopy has an OK reputation so far

Leon Powe is gonna be the sleeper of the draft
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: