Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #16
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board
Default Re: Y'all know the Vikes are gonna make the playoffs right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
4-1 Vikings

Schedule has us poised to go 8-1 til we hit the divisional wall. Bears, Packers, Texans, then Rams.

You're assuming that the vikings are going to beat the Seahawks and the Cardinals? I'm not saying it's that much of a stretch, but it's a pretty dumb assumption. I could also realistically see the Vikings losing their last 7 games.

Detroit
Chicago
Green Bay
Chicago
St. Louis
Houston
Green Bay

That is a very tough schedule to end on. So unless the Vikings do go 8-1 (which I doubt they will), I still don't like their chances to get a wildcard (Bears are going to win the NFC North).

I don't think it's wrong to be happy with the season that the Vikings are having, but be realistic about it.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

What's unrealistic? Top 10 defense, 6th offense...

I've been a Vikes fan forever. This team is legit.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Detroit will not beat Minnesota at home.

Green Bay sucks right now.

Bears will likely sweep us.

Cards are so overrated it's not funny. We have a D that will stuff them.

Seahawks is a toss up realistically.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #19
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
What's unrealistic? Top 10 defense, 6th offense...

I've been a Vikes fan forever. This team is legit.

Don't know where you're getting that from.

I'm not saying that this Vikings team is bad. I think that they will be like the Lions last year (worse offense, but better defense), only that they will miss the playoffs. I think it's overly optimistic to say the Vikings will make the playoffs at this point.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fck Vikings! We Gonna Rip Some Assholes Sunday
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #21
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

Skol Vikigns!

Went to the lions game last sunday. Loved the domination.

6 games.

4 division games

we need 4 wins to get into the playoffs at least i'm thinking.

we got this

GO VIKES
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #22
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Skol Vikigns!

Went to the lions game last sunday. Loved the domination.

6 games.

4 division games

we need 4 wins to get into the playoffs at least i'm thinking.

we got this

GO VIKES

How'd that 8-1 result turn out you so confidently professed should and likely would happen?

Oh wait, that didn't happen. Here again, you're being WAY OVERLY optimistic saying Minnesota will win another four games ... I'm not even going to respond to that.

Here's what you should do. After Week 17, come back into this thread, read exactly what you posted, then go somewhere there's a mirror you can look into. As you look into said mirror, raise your right hand, grip and close your fist, then start whaling the shit out of the side of your head. Maybe if you *ring* your bell enough you and the other homer Vikings fans will wake the hell up and come to the realization you guys were on some SMH shit, amplified by 2, +1, and1.

I don't care if Peterson runs laps around moon and inspires Barry Sanders to come out of retirement and compete again... it simply can't be enough to among to anything against a Bears team on the rebound this week who will do nothing short of murder Minnesota Sunday. Packers won't be slacking, Chicago will probably be in top form by the time face again, Packers too. Texans aren't the type of team to play slouchy even if they're a lock for the playoffs, and any team Jeff Fisher is coaching will give you nothing less than 100% and against a nervous "OMG we must win" on pins and needles Vikings team desperate to get a W to salvage their season will probably play right into the Rams hands and it's very possible you guys will lose that game too.

It's possible (not saying likely, but certainly possible) your team finishes the season without a single additional victory. 6-10. Yeah, I know sounds insane after they're success being 6-4, but this is the NFL where we've seen even less likely possibilities happen, and let us not forget we're talking about a franchise with historic failure when it counts (four SB appearances, four losses). They've choked just as much as any other NFL franchise that resides @ 123 Epic Failure Ave, so why should this year by any different? Because Christian Ponder is your savior?

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #23
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Vikes got beat up rather badly this past Sunday. Right now Minnesota is sitting pretty at 6-5, but the final result will be something in the neighborhood of 7-9.

Ya'll know the Vikes be makin' them playoffs! - SIKE.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #24
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

The Vikings have surprised me with their play, but they will not make the playoffs.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
10 wins easily would, looking at the division.

The NFC North is one of the strongest divisions, period (with the exception of your shitty Vikes of course) - so what the hell are you talking about?

Yet, you tell me to "never talk football again"

Old 12-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

Need to win the next 2 straight... please god let it happen.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #27
Legend of Josh
Banned

sorry guys ... still not happening =P
Old 12-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
but the final result will be something in the neighborhood of 7-9.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #29
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
How on earth do you think they will make the playoffs with an 8 win season? I'm not saying that the Vikings for sure won't make the playoffs (though I doubt they will), but you honestly can't believe that an 8-10 season will put them there.

haha dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Neither are the Vikings so your point is moot.
DUMBASS

Quote:
My lord its only 4 games into the season

You would think people would've learned to stop throwing the word playoffs around so lightly after last yrs Bills collapse.

dumbass
Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #30
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Vikes got beat up rather badly this past Sunday. Right now Minnesota is sitting pretty at 6-5, but the final result will be something in the neighborhood of 7-9.

Ya'll know the Vikes be makin' them playoffs! - SIKE.

lmao
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: