Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #2356
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
I read that on Sherdog a little while ago, not really sure what to say other than she's trying to sell herself, not literally, to the male perv demographic.
well, considering that the "male perv demographic" is 99% of the male demographic, that's a pretty efficient place to start.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #2357
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmmm, checked out Sherdog and JDS fans are becoming more and more delusional. He's starting to get the Fedor treatment...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #2358
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I read that on Sherdog a little while ago, not really sure what to say other than she's trying to sell herself, not literally, to the male perv demographic.

Perv?

I bet she always swallows leading up to fights.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #2359
Edwin
Serious playground baller

Edwin is considered somewhat coolEdwin is considered somewhat cool

I doubt it that she does, she would've tested positive and had been suspended for a year by the CSAC.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #2360
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Hmmm, checked out Sherdog and JDS fans are becoming more and more delusional. He's starting to get the Fedor treatment...
Thats why i stay out of sherdog.

People like you always saying stupid shit like "Fans of ___________ are delusional".

Last edited by Brujesino : 12-01-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #2361
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
i'm going to have to sanitise myself after agreeing with sherdog fans on anything, but i wouldn't be totally surprised if JDS goes on a long run.

cain, overeem and cormier should all be underdogs. intriguing underdogs, but still underdogs. and there's almost nothing for him after those three. maybe jones one day, but HW has no significant prospects that i know of these days.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #2362
Edwin

I post on Sherdog and there's a lot of delusional fans, but there's also a lot of good quality posters, just like any other message board, the problem with Sherdog is that that's there's so many traffic of people posting on the board, that's hard to keep a hold of a lot of things and hard to keep track of a lot of threads.

JDS fans aren't delusional if they think he's the best heavyweight in the world as he really is. The only real heavyweights I think have a chance at beating JDS are Overeem and Cormier.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #2363
gigantes
A piece of fluff

yea, on sherdog there's a few good fans among the endless sea of knuckleheads, but the format absolutely blows for sifting through that mess. meaning, standard forum format with all the stupid-ass avatars, the stupid-ass space-consuming posts, the stupid-ass fake belt system and all the stupid-ass signatures. trying to find something worthwhile on sherdog is like going to a garbage dump and looking for overlooked valuables, and actually i'm probably being unfair to the garbage dump.

meanwhile, go to any of the three SB nation MMA sites and read the comments to any article at all. they're short, efficient, to the point, funny, and a large number of the commentors actually practice one or more core disciplines in MMA.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #2364
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Thats why i stay out of sherdog.

People like you always saying stupid shit like "Fans of ___________ are delusional".

Um, what?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #2365
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
JDS fans aren't delusional if they think he's the best heavyweight in the world as he really is.

I don't have a problem at all if they merely just thought he was the best HW, but more and more people are going overboard. It's stuff like: he's unstoppable and will just destroy everyone, but it's mainly because people are saying he's the most dominate/impressive champ in the UFC (above GSP, Silva, Aldo, and Jones...) and about how much people are overstating his opponents. I've heard people saying that all of his opponents were top 10 at one time and act like they're elite wins when:

1. It's not true
2. Many weren't/shouldn't have been when they fought
3. The division has been rather weak for a long time
4. The rankings have sucked for a long time (I'm still trying to figure out how Nelson was ever ranked while not doing a whole lot in the division)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #2366
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'm going to have to sanitise myself after agreeing with sherdog fans on anything, but i wouldn't be totally surprised if JDS goes on a long run.

cain, overeem and cormier should all be underdogs. intriguing underdogs, but still underdogs. and there's almost nothing for him after those three. maybe jones one day, but HW has no significant prospects that i know of these days.

Well, they're either close or would be pretty close on the betting lines. There's just too many question marks in the HW division to really state anyone would be safe there.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #2367
Edwin

There's not that many heavyweight prospects, Miocic was one, but Struve KOed him and stopped his hype a bit.

JDS isn't unstoppable or the best champion, but he truly is the most overlooked champion when you check out his record.

JDS has beaten Werdum, Struve, CroCop, Big Country, Carwin, Cain and Mir which are some of the best heavyweights in MMA.

Sure he's not as dominant a fighter in his division as Anderson, GSP, Jones or Aldo, but he's a dominant fighter.

I'd rank the UFC champions in the following way: Anderson or GSP is a toss up depending on who you like more, Jones, Aldo, JDS, Cruz, Mighty Mouse.

You can change up Jones and Aldo if you want, but I wouldn't rank JDS behind Cruz.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #2368
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
JDS has beaten Werdum, Struve, CroCop, Big Country, Carwin, Cain and Mir which are some of the best heavyweights in MMA.

Werdum, Cain and Mir are the only 3 worth a shit out of those. Carwin was awfully gun shy after coming off major surgery and a long lay off, and he was a big, lumbering ogre with 0 cardio before that. Struve? He was in his first UFC fight and that was his first fight against real competition. Cro Cop? He hasn't been any good for years. Nelson? I still can't figure out what he's done to get so much praise. He's just a decent fighter with horrible cardio. Hell, even Mir has looked like shit in all of this fights. The division is full of question marks.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #2369
gigantes
A piece of fluff

anybody looking forward to next saturday? three of the four main events are almost dream matchups IMO. lot of well known names on the undercard, too. a very good card for free TV, IMO:

Henderson - Diaz
Rua - Gustafsson
Penn - MacDonald
Swick - Brown

Chiesa - LeVesseur
Assunção - Easton
Siver - Phan
Nijem - Proctor
Edwards - Stephens
Cruickshank - Martinez

Jorgensen - Albert
Means - Trujillo
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #2370
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
anybody looking forward to next saturday? three of the four main events are almost dream matchups IMO. lot of well known names on the undercard, too. a very good card for free TV, IMO:

Henderson - Diaz
Rua - Gustafsson
Penn - MacDonald
Swick - Brown

Chiesa - LeVesseur
Assunção - Easton
Siver - Phan
Nijem - Proctor
Edwards - Stephens
Cruickshank - Martinez

Jorgensen - Albert
Means - Trujillo

Heard that Penn is incredible shape for this fight which makes me much more interested in this card
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: