Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ebanks arrested today on suspicion of DUI

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11424

Absolutely unacceptable and is a terrible event for this terrible time. Get him off this team immediately.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Ebanks arrested today on suspicion of DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11424

Absolutely unacceptable and is a terrible event for this terrible time. Get him off this team immediately.

What a ridiculous overreaction. You don't have a clue to the circumstances, nor do I.......now if he was barely at or slightly over than it's not too big a deal, if he was easily over....to each degree it becomes a bigger deal.
People make mistakes.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't really care if someone gets a DUI under the right circumstances (nobody was hurt, was right at the legal limit, etc). There's tons of celebrities and just people in general who get these every day. I'm way more disappointed in Ebanks play on the court. Of course I never really had an expectation of him being that good in the league anyway, so disappointed probably isn't the right word. Everybody liked him when he was drafted because he looked like Ariza. The problem was his game wasn't like Ariza's.... he's just nowhere near as talented. We just have to hope that Artest will finally play well now that there hopefully isn't going to be a crazy system in place. If it's something that Artest already knows and is comfortable with he'll be fine. If he needs to learn something new from scratch it takes him a while...
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

What a ridiculous overreaction. You don't have a clue to the circumstances, nor do I.......now if he was barely at or slightly over than it's not too big a deal, if he was easily over....to each degree it becomes a bigger deal.
People make mistakes.

What does this say about where his focus is as far as the team goes? What's he doing out late on a Thursday night, when there is a game to be played the very next day? What does this say about his conditioning? Is he putting in any effort to maintain a good position to stay on the team?

If you're being paid millions to be a professional, you better be ready to give your entire life to something. People get fired and are not easily hired after a DUI for a very long time. We need him too...its not like he's the last option on a team. He's actually pretty damn good.

When the lakers were focused on winning a championship the year after they lost to the celtics, there was a party thrown where all the players went. Odom had a small glass of wine. Everyone else on that team didn't have a drop of alcohol. If they're focusing on a championship, perhaps these mistakes shouldn't be made. But hey, I was raised in a strict Christian household. Perhaps I'm a bit too old fashioned...

Last edited by lakerfreak : 11-11-2012 at 04:02 AM.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What's he doing out late on a Thursday night, when there is a game to be played the very next day?

Drinking
Old 11-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
What does this say about where his focus is as far as the team goes? What's he doing out late on a Thursday night, when there is a game to be played the very next day? What does this say about his conditioning? Is he putting in any effort to maintain a good position to stay on the team?

If you're being paid millions to be a professional, you better be ready to give your entire life to something. People get fired and are not easily hired after a DUI for a very long time. We need him too...its not like he's the last option on a team. He's actually pretty damn good.

When the lakers were focused on winning a championship the year after they lost to the celtics, there was a party thrown where all the players went. Odom had a small glass of wine. Everyone else on that team didn't have a drop of alcohol. If they're focusing on a championship, perhaps these mistakes shouldn't be made. But hey, I was raised in a strict Christian household. Perhaps I'm a bit too old fashioned...

You are EXTREMELY naive if you think these guys don't drink on a regular basis or that it has anything to do at all with winning a championship....it doesn't. Now if he was drinking at 3am and they had a noon game, I would say there was an issue......but that was not the case. Dude, I grew up surrounded by Pro athletes, I saw all kinds of stuff, drugs, alcohol, tons of women.....you name it.....and I'm talking championship teams, all star players etc... There were even some guys who played their best after drinking all night....and some that played like crap. Most fans don't have the slightest clue as to what really goes on. There are a few books that have been written on several sports that go into this.....but it is even more shocking than even those shocking books go into. What Ebanks did was absolutely nothing.....I totally respect how you were raised, you ARE a good person but need to drop the expectation that any pro athlete is remotely like you...there are very, very few.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

well.... he hasn't played much since that incident... the FO sure
doesn't like it.... maybe that will help it sink in ?!?!?!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
well.... he hasn't played much since that incident... the FO sure
doesn't like it.... maybe that will help it sink in ?!?!?!

I don't think his playing time has anything to do with his DUI.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24

most of it is...and I hope FO sticks to it...cause you dont want to have scrubs like ebanks....ruining the laker brand
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
most of it is...and I hope FO sticks to it...cause you dont want to have scrubs like ebanks....ruining the laker brand

I think most of it is he's just not that good of a ball player. Lakers fans have been over rating this guy for years, mostly because he looks like Ariza, lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Haven't seen him get any real PT under M'D he might do well in this offense given a chance. I don't think he utilizes his length properly on the defensive end and tends to play to up close to his man kind of like Morris.

He might be apart of a package deal if the lakers are looking to move Pau.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #12
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
I think most of it is he's just not that good of a ball player. Lakers fans have been over rating this guy for years, mostly because he looks like Ariza, lol.

lol true....
Old 12-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:

Absolutely nothing to do with his DUI......guys who think differently are extremely naive as to the lives of pro athletes.
Ruining our brand someone said????? Hmmmm was he charged with rape
Was he charged with beating his wife or girlfriend??? Because those are far worse and no body lost any playing time over that. Wake up people!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #14
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Absolutely nothing to do with his DUI......guys who think differently are extremely naive as to the lives of pro athletes.
Was he charged with beating his wife or girlfriend??? Because those are far worse and no body lost any playing time over that. Wake up people!!!!

lol...
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

Quote:

Well said. If he was that good, there would be a PR spin and he would be on the court helping the Lakers win...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: