Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #2161
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football Advice!

I am in a very interesting situation in one of my leagues where both me and my opponent are tanking for a better playoff matchup. I have benched my whole team and picked up the Titans defense and Stefan Logan (Detroit kick/punt returner) hoping to go negative. Anyone else you can think of that would be an ok bet to go negative?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #2162
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
RB help for this week. Need to start 2

Frank Gore vs. St. Louis
CJ Spiller vs. Jacksonville
Ray Rice vs. Pittsburgh
Trent Richardon vs. Oakland
Trent and Rice.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #2163
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Trent and Rice.

Thanks. Hopefully they have score alot sunday. Brees scoring 3 last night didn't help me.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #2164
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Trent and Rice.

I'll second that.

Which two would you play this week? Need a WR2 and a WR/RB.

Danario Alexander vs Cin
Miles Austin vs Phi
Marcel Reece vs Cle
Sidney Rice vs Chi
Daniel Thomas vs NE

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be rolling Alexander out for my WR2, not sure if I want Miles Austin (trending horribly down, possibly injured still) or Marcel Reese (Run-DMC could limit his touches this week) at the flex. I'm not seriously considering the bottom two, since Tillman'll probably end up on Rice and Miami'll have to throw the ball to keep up with NE.

EDIT: Ah, got a D/ST question too. Pitttsburgh (vs Baltimore) or St. Louis (against SF)?
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #2165
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I'll second that.

Which two would you play this week? Need a WR2 and a WR/RB.

Danario Alexander vs Cin
Miles Austin vs Phi
Marcel Reece vs Cle
Sidney Rice vs Chi
Daniel Thomas vs NE

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be rolling Alexander out for my WR2, not sure if I want Miles Austin (trending horribly down, possibly injured still) or Marcel Reese (Run-DMC could limit his touches this week) at the flex. I'm not seriously considering the bottom two, since Tillman'll probably end up on Rice and Miami'll have to throw the ball to keep up with NE.

EDIT: Ah, got a D/ST question too. Pitttsburgh (vs Baltimore) or St. Louis (against SF)?

Hard to trust Austin right now also it seems like Romo has found a grove with some of his other targets. In a PPR Reese might still have some value despite losing some touches.

I would Take Pittsburgh, those 2 teams usually have low scoring games.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #2166
Bane
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bane has an OK reputation so far

It's been a tough year for me. Most of my starters have been decimated by injuries. Just to name a few: Fred Jackson, Rob Gronkowski, Greg Jennings...
I'm at 6-6 right fighting for playoffs. This week I already played Matt Ryan and Jacquizz Rodgers and all together they got me a disappointing 14 point (Ryan has been sucking it up lately for me. I have a lot of doubts in my remaining guys I don't really feel that confident in them and there's a few guys in free agency I could see myself picking up.

Well at TE I picked up Brandon Myers from Oakland but he blew it last week against Bengals and he's playing Browns who have been really good this year against TE's . So I went ahead and dropped him for Mercedes Lewis. Some players available at TE are Heath Miller, Kyle Rudolph, Scott Chandler, Jared Cook, Brandon Pettigrew, Dallas Clark, Joel Dressen, Jacob Tamme. What is my best option here?

Moving on to RB, I'm definitely gonna start Ray Rice but I got Reggie Bush, Fred Jackson, Knowshon Moreno, and aforementioned Jacquizz Rodgers whom I already played at FLEX. Out of this bunch I decided Reggie Bush gives me the best chance but this season every time I started him he has underachieved but when I bench him he tends to do better. I'm not even gonna think about starting Moreno since he's playing Tampa Bay. Some RB's available are Joique Bell, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Shane Vereen, Jackie Battle, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Dwyer, Kevin Smith, Mike Tolbert, Beanie Wells. Any tips here?

Next is WR. I'm gonna go ahead and start Victor Cruz, I should have started Lance Moore but hey that's my luck this year. Anyway on my team I also have Pierre Garcon, Michael Crabtree, Davone Bess and James Jones. As of right now I'd go with Garcon but Bess is playing Patriots who tend to give up some points to WR's and then Crabtree is playing with Kaepernick who you never know what he's gonna do. Some free agents available are: Andre Roberts, Malcolm Floyd, Brian Hartline, Brandon LaFell, Jeremy Kerley, Golden Tate, Nate Washington, Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, Anquan Boldin, Denario Alexander, Ryan Broyles.

At K I'm gonna stick with Lawrence Tynes who I think has the most points out of all kickers but Shayne Graham is still out there and even a slight difference in points can help me get in the playoffs.

On D/ST I have Cardinals who are playing Jets after all but haven't been that convincing ever since I picked them up. Some D/ST available are: Jets, Cowboys, Patriots. I kinda like the Cowboys D last time against Eagles they had over 20 points and that would be a steal for me but I don't know guys. Any insight would be much appreciated and thanks in advance!
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #2167
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

So Brees and Julio Jones scored me 7 points At least I'll be able to watch the games today and not worry about fantasy. I'm playing the best team in our league. Dude is 10-1. I needed Brees to have a huge game, but that didn't happen. But at least I'm in the playoffs. Currently 7-5. Hopefully Brees gets it together next week.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #2168
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Pick 2: Ryan Mathews, Green-Ellis, Beanie Wells

Jets Def or Pats Def?

Hartline, Mike Williams, Greg Jennings, or Miles Austin

PPR
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #2169
ihoopallday
King James

Ok, with the playoffs starting, I want to make sure my lineup is solid. Here's what I have mine set to right now. Any suggestions on lineup changes are welcomed. Thanks

QB: Brees vs. NYG
RB. Trent Richardson vs. KC
RB. Ray Rice vs. Wsh
WR. Julio Jones vs. Car
WR. Pierre Garcon vs. Bal
WR. Miles Austin vs. Cin
TE. Jason Witten vs. Cin
D/ST: Seahawks Ari
K: Gostkowski vs. Hou

Bench:
QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Frank Gore
RB: CJ Spiller
WR: Denarius Moore
WR: Anquan Boldin
TE: Martellus Bennett
D/ST: Steelers
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #2170
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

In the playoffs and my #1 WR, #1 and #3 RB have all been injured the past few weeks+. fml

If MJD does comeback this week, should I take the chance?

Same question for Harvin.

I have:
Wayne (Ten)
and Dez (@Cin)
...starting and they are both lined up to have big weeks, so I don't think I will take that chance. Even have Britt (@Ind) on the bench, who I think might have a good game.

MJD, though.

Forte (@Min) is starting.
Moreno (@Oak), I guess.
And I have Leshoure (@GB) as my flex.
...Not sure about the latter two. Also have Shonn Greene (@Jac) on bench, but I'm not taking that chance in the playoffs.

OK, that's my thought process. So only one question:

Take the chance on a playing MJD (NYJ) over Leshoure (@GB) or Moreno (@Oak)?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #2171
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I need the win to make the playoffs, but i've still got Roethlisberger injured so my QB situation is down to the likes of waivers like Bradford, Henne, Cutler, Ponder, Weedon or my current rostered QB Carson Palmer. Which one's got the biggest chance to not post a dud score?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #2172
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2 spots open WR and Flex who should get them...

Leshoure vs GB
Torrey Smith vs Wash
Lance Moore vs NYG
Josh Gordon vs KC
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #2173
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
2 spots open WR and Flex who should get them...

Leshoure vs GB
Torrey Smith vs Wash
Lance Moore vs NYG
Josh Gordon vs KC
Smith/Moore easy
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #2174
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Smith/Moore easy

I was just thinking about Leshoure running over GB defense after they took it up the ass last week. Then again that was Peterson being Peterson and everyone ain't...Peterson.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #2175
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I need the win to make the playoffs, but i've still got Roethlisberger injured so my QB situation is down to the likes of waivers like Bradford, Henne, Cutler, Ponder, Weedon or my current rostered QB Carson Palmer. Which one's got the biggest chance to not post a dud score?
All of those guys are capable of putting up duds. Ben is projected to play this week, but if you are worried about his injury I would go with Weeden against the Chiefs or Palmer against the Broncos.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: