Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #706
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles Offseason/Draft/Free Agency News

I hope the Eagles get Norv Turner.
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #707
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
100%

Why?! It makes no sense. His stubborness when it comes to coaching to personnel decisions hasnt been enough? Wow.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #708
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I still like Andy as a coach... But he's gotta go. Mostly because the team has quit on him. This team is soo pathetic right now, they need to cut the stinking fish off at the head (or whatever the saying is ) Andy's gotta go. They need an over hauled defense, they need alot of new coaches...

The team has to move on and let Andy get himself together... Jeff should be looking right now for Andy's replacement...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #709
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andy can go down as the best Eagles coach ever and Mcnabb the best QB ever. I respect what both have done and appreciate it. I've seen the dog years of Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite. Reid had a nice string of successful seasons where Eagles owned the NFC East. Even coming up short in NFC title games/SB I still enjoyed the ride.

That said time to move on because his patterns as a coach, personnel guy has gone stale. Its come to bite him in the ass and he isnt going to change nor adjust his ways. If not for injuries on the OL the team would have won more games than it lost. But the issues would remain the same.

I'm tired of midget DEs because guys that are freak of natures (JPP) dont move you whereas Brandon Grahams of the world do. I'm tired of the disappointments at DT you drafted. I'm tired of thinking the LB unit can be found on the street. Who needs Urlacher? Ray Lewis? Derrick Brooks? Before anyone tells me those guys arent on every NFL roster. I know but the Eagles dont look to draft prospects like these guys or Jon Beason, P Willis of the world because its not a valued position under the Reid regime. I'm tired of not having a legitimate #1 WR with size. Ok we had T.Owens but that was shortlived. Felt like your dead beat dad saying he is back then after 3 days he is gone for good. I understand the small Wrs fit your "offense" (whatever that is) where you rely on YAC. But give me someone with size.

We have a RB that is among the top 5 and you elect to pass. Dont feed me stats of carries this has more to do with establishing the run, and not running just because you cant decide which passing play to call. Its all about when you run with me. Eagles ran Bryce Brown because they noticed Foles aint ready to throw 50 times. And guess what? We saw production from our RB. Yeah he fumbled way too much thats a concern. But my point is Shady/Brown should have been a duo to use on teams. Especially when your OL couldnt block preschoolers. But what do I know?

I dislike the offensive playcalling and game management
I dislike the personnel decisions free agency/draft
I dislike the underachieving defense put together (these safeties are horrible)

I'm no GM. And every fan swears they hit 1.000 with this stuff. But after years of Reid I'm ready for a change and I know. I know it could be dog years ahead after he is replaced. I'm willing to roll the dice on that possibly happening then riding with Big Red one more time. He'll be successful elsewhere where he can start anew. Here? Its a wrap.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #710
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Andy can go down as the best Eagles coach ever and Mcnabb the best QB ever. I respect what both have done and appreciate it. I've seen the dog years of Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite. Reid had a nice string of successful seasons where Eagles owned the NFC East. Even coming up short in NFC title games/SB I still enjoyed the ride.

That said time to move on because his patterns as a coach, personnel guy has gone stale. Its come to bite him in the ass and he isnt going to change nor adjust his ways. If not for injuries on the OL the team would have won more games than it lost. But the issues would remain the same.

I'm tired of midget DEs because guys that are freak of natures (JPP) dont move you whereas Brandon Grahams of the world do. I'm tired of the disappointments at DT you drafted. I'm tired of thinking the LB unit can be found on the street. Who needs Urlacher? Ray Lewis? Derrick Brooks? Before anyone tells me those guys arent on every NFL roster. I know but the Eagles dont look to draft prospects like these guys or Jon Beason, P Willis of the world because its not a valued position under the Reid regime. I'm tired of not having a legitimate #1 WR with size. Ok we had T.Owens but that was shortlived. Felt like your dead beat dad saying he is back then after 3 days he is gone for good. I understand the small Wrs fit your "offense" (whatever that is) where you rely on YAC. But give me someone with size.

We have a RB that is among the top 5 and you elect to pass. Dont feed me stats of carries this has more to do with establishing the run, and not running just because you cant decide which passing play to call. Its all about when you run with me. Eagles ran Bryce Brown because they noticed Foles aint ready to throw 50 times. And guess what? We saw production from our RB. Yeah he fumbled way too much thats a concern. But my point is Shady/Brown should have been a duo to use on teams. Especially when your OL couldnt block preschoolers. But what do I know?

I dislike the offensive playcalling and game management
I dislike the personnel decisions free agency/draft
I dislike the underachieving defense put together (these safeties are horrible)

I'm no GM. And every fan swears they hit 1.000 with this stuff. But after years of Reid I'm ready for a change and I know. I know it could be dog years ahead after he is replaced. I'm willing to roll the dice on that possibly happening then riding with Big Red one more time. He'll be successful elsewhere where he can start anew. Here? Its a wrap.

I agree man...

its really time to rap up Reid's tenure here so we can move on.. he's a pretty good coach overall, but he's never gonna learn those lessons you mentioned..

We cant keep hoping he'll smarten up every year.. He's proven that won't.. In fact he dont even know the sh*t he used to know anymore. I mean this is the worst he's ever looked.. Its time to throw the damn towel (rocky movie )
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #711
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I still like Andy as a coach... But he's gotta go. Mostly because the team has quit on him. This team is soo pathetic right now, they need to cut the stinking fish off at the head (or whatever the saying is ) Andy's gotta go. They need an over hauled defense, they need alot of new coaches...

The team has to move on and let Andy get himself together... Jeff should be looking right now for Andy's replacement...

last line here is good stuff. that job and his family looks like it just broke the guy...he's spent.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #712
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Philly.com pointed out today that while the whole team has played like shit, Evan Mathis has at least played well. 0 sacks thus far, grading out as PFF's #1 guard. 1st overall in run blocking and 4th in pass. Had key blocks on both of Brown's TD runs.

And that's where the praise ends for them.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #713
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Philly.com pointed out today that while the whole team has played like shit, Evan Mathis has at least played well. 0 sacks thus far, grading out as PFF's #1 guard. 1st overall in run blocking and 4th in pass. Had key blocks on both of Brown's TD runs.

And that's where the praise ends for them.
I think DRC has looked "good"

or at least much better than he did last year in the slot...

IMO he is a serviceable CB

The one TD that Dez caught on him, I was really in awe of who well DRC defended it despite giving up the catch

^^^ that one

Yeah Dez caught the ball, but DRC was glued to him about as well as a CB could be on a diving catch like that.

He has played much better than Nnamdi IMO
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #714
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

What does everyone think of Mike McCoy as a potential coaching candidate?

Notes:

- made Jake Delhomme look like a real QB
- Kyle Orton had career year under McCoy
- Broncos led league in rushing with Tebow/McGahee, adjusted to Tebow's skill set
- reportedly one of the reasons Peyton chose Denver

I've read he's known for adapting his coaching to the players instead of having them adapt to him, which I like. Could be a good candidate with a young QB.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #715
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Saw Fletcher Cox at my job Saturday and New Years Eve. Friday inside a loud Kanye concert and Monday inside the nightclub. But couldn't play Sunday because of a concussion.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #716
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Interviews set up with 3 Falcons assistants - Koetter, Nolan, and Armstrong as well as Mike McCoy from Denver. Bill O'Brien and Chip Kelly's name still floating. Who do you want?

I'm leaning heavily towards McCoy. He gave career years to Delhomme and Orton, changed an offense to help Tebow, and reportedly was a reason Manning went to Denver. Not to mention Manning will come back from a year off to win MVP with him. Also revitalizing the career of an aging McGahee. He's not afraid to run the ball which would be a change.

With how he's been with QBs he'd probably be the best for Foles' growth, and even if Foles doesn't turn out as good as we hope, I think McCoy can maximize his talent and hide his negatives.

I like O'Briens feisty attitude. Seems like he could light a fire under his team's ass. Not interested in Kelly or Nolan and know little about Koetter and Armstrong.

Last edited by StateProperty : 01-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #717
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Not that I claim to know these two but as you mentioned McCoy and also Koetter would be my choices.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #718
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Now all DC candidates are available for interview. Donatell (Niners DB coach) and Monachino (Ravens LB coach) have been the 2 rumors, with Monachino the favorite because of a 3-4 base history.

We have 0 players on roster who can play nose in a 3-4. Should we target Star Lotulei as a first option and sign a FA if he doesn't fall to 4? Or if he's on the board is there anothe preference for you there?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #719
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Jairus Byrd
TJ Ward

2 guys who played at Oregon while Kelly was there and were all-pro this year. Both free agents. I want one.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #720
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

What does Eagles cap space look like? Cooper, Maclin FAs. Maclin said he would take a 1 year deal in general regardless where he went. Safeties its nothing but Wolfe (Chung is good as cut). Would be awesome if they could land Byrd. Build defense through the draft. Speaking of which what draft prospects would you guys like here?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: