Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Dwyane Rose
Best of Both Worlds

Dwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Tough loss

3rd game of the season, and I'm starting for the 3rd game in a row.

First 2 minutes, I'm on fire, 6 points, 2 and ones.

Next, I twist my ankle on a gamble for a steal in the passing lane.

I sit the rest of the game until the 4th quarter, where coach subs me in with a few minutes left.

I get a fastbreak layup, but I also get a few turnovers (a charge).

5 seconds left, coach calls timeout, we're down 72-71.

He runs an isolation for me off the inbounds, and I beat my defender, but I miss the floater in the lane.

Dwyane Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Tough loss

Dont sweat it homie.jordan aint hit every game winner.just make sure u rest that ankle.ur no good to your team if injured so getting healthy is your main focus.keep yo head high and keep playing aggresive when you do get back on the court and im sure ull do just fine
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyone goes through it. My first anti-clutch moment came my junior year when an opponent was inbounding the ball at half court in a tie ball game with 55 seconds left. The inbounder panicked and lobbed a pass toward the jump ball circle. I anticipated, poked it away, and found myself in the open floor. I thought I had my first dunk coming my way, but then I thought about how terrible it'd be if I missed. In the meantime, I set both feet and took off way too far away from the bucket and botched the layup.

Moments later we regained possession trailing by two. My teammate missed a soft J in the lane and the offensive board fell right into my lap. I was airborne and no one was in my area code to disrupt me. I missed again.

Miraculously, we somehow ended up winning, even in spite of my anticlutch moments. But I learned and in each subsequent game that season, I felt much more at ease and in control during clutch situations. I knew I'd already failed and it wasn't that bad. I was confident enough to know (or believe) I was going to be able to make it happen the next time.

The truth is, people are going to remember your clutch successes way, way more than your clutch defeats. For instance, when I say, "Michael Jordan Clutch" what do a lot of tend to think? His J's over Bryon Russell? His Craig Ehlo shot? The comeback shot vs. Atlanta in '95? But how many memories come to mind when we thinking "Michael Jordan missed buzzer beaters"? It's all relative, but it sort of works like that on every level. It's a bummer when clutch shots don't work out, but the lasting effect pales in comparison to the successes. It's a worthy risk.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 12-07-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

yeah homie dont sweat it. everybody misses clutch baskets. since everyone else is sharing their stories, i guess i will to aha.

Well, 8th grade year we're going against our rival at the High School (we were in middle school), and they were up 12-2 at halftime. my team came back and in the second quarter it was 11-13. My coach draws a play out of bounds and i ended up getting a three and making it. we then got another steal and i hit another three to seal the game. after that, my coach and teammates all called me clutch. well then, at this tournament we were down 3 with 3 minutes left. i was known as the closer just becuz of that game and i pulled up for three and hit it. then i missed probably 4 wide open three pointers to lose us the game. it was the worst feeling, but i overcame it and now all my friends only remember the one i hit. they forget all about the miss. so it dont matter like what rake said
L3B120N J4M35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
Well, 8th grade year we're going against our rival at the High School (we were in middle school), and they were up 12-2 at halftime. my team came back and in the second quarter it was 11-13
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
yeah homie dont sweat it. everybody misses clutch baskets. since everyone else is sharing their stories, i guess i will to aha.

Well, 8th grade year we're going against our rival at the High School (we were in middle school), and they were up 12-2 at halftime. my team came back and in the second quarter it was 11-13. My coach draws a play out of bounds and i ended up getting a three and making it. we then got another steal and i hit another three to seal the game. after that, my coach and teammates all called me clutch. well then, at this tournament we were down 3 with 3 minutes left. i was known as the closer just becuz of that game and i pulled up for three and hit it. then i missed probably 4 wide open three pointers to lose us the game. it was the worst feeling, but i overcame it and now all my friends only remember the one i hit. they forget all about the miss. so it dont matter like what rake said
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people

Garbage ass players
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Wilbon
Garbage ass players

lol but cold blooded

cant lose confidence, that's the biggest thing that'll affect your performance every time
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: