Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Maybe this is PM worthy, but I have a feeling fellow Bobcats' fans have wondered too.

Onewickedlady - please take no disrespect or offense from this. I do not ask with intentions of being perverted, gutter-minded, etc. Never been on that level with you. You've always been cool as hell, down-to-earth and have your own distinctive/original personality here. I think I speak for us all when I say you're cool as hell (as I just said =P).

I was just wondering... what is the origin or meaning behind your username? Onewickedlady - what does it mean? So we know you're "one" - "lady" - but it's the "wicked" part that leaves us (or at least me) perplexed. Would you care to elaborate or enlighten us fellow Bobcats' fans as to what exactly it entails?

^ to you, and again, please don't take offense or think I'm asking in a disrespectful manner.

Does it have something to do with an owl?

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Maybe this is PM worthy, but I have a feeling fellow Bobcats' fans have wondered too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Onewickedlady - please take no disrespect or offense from this. I do not ask with intentions of being perverted, gutter-minded, etc. Never been on that level with you. You've always been cool as hell, down-to-earth and have your own distinctive/original personality here. I think I speak for us all when I say you're cool as hell (as I just said =P).

I was just wondering... what is the origin or meaning behind your username? Onewickedlady - what does it mean? So we know you're "one" - "lady" - but it's the "wicked" part that leaves us (or at least me) perplexed. Would you care to elaborate or enlighten us fellow Bobcats' fans as to what exactly it entails?

^ to you, and again, please don't take offense or think I'm asking in a disrespectful manner.

Does it have something to do with an owl?

I don't take offense. I've always meant the 'wicked' to be synonymous with 'mischievous.' It's just that 'wicked' is much easier for me to spell! And btw thank you for the compliment. I see myself as just a basic person who can be opinionated just like the rest of our group here and who tries to express myself without stepping on anybody's dignity. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 12-05-2012 at 01:44 AM.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Maybe this is PM worthy, but I have a feeling fellow Bobcats' fans have wondered too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I don't take offense. I've always meant the 'wicked' to be synonymous with 'mischievous.' It's just that 'wicked' is much easier for me to spell! And btw thank you for the compliment. I see myself as just a basic person who can be opinionated just like the rest of our group here and who tries to express myself without stepping on anybody's dignity. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Fair enough... but what's the wicked about... and what's the owl all about? ... and you have to admit, the owl pic I posted it cool. You should change that to your avatar.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Fair enough... but what's the wicked about... and what's the owl all about? ... and you have to admit, the owl pic I posted it cool. You should change that to your avatar.

Wicked to me means playful and mischievous. the owl is just from One Wicked Lady. Of course owls are considered to be wise and I like to think of myself as such. I like your owl avatar. How do I change mine. It really is time for a change. I've gotten ragged on about the 'wicked' thing by other folks in my non-blog life but they are either super religious relatives who think of Satan or Law of Attraction relatives who think I'm setting up bad karma for myself by using a term--wicked--that has 'dark' connotations. I think that they should just lighten up and have some fun but then that's just my opinion...

Last edited by onewickedlady : 12-05-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:

Do you mind taking me step-by-step through the process of changing my avatar to your owl?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Do you mind taking me step-by-step through the process of changing my avatar to your owl?

Sure - no problem.

_____

1) Go to "User CP" it's located on the sites tool bar ... see where it says User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, etc?

2) On the Left side, you'll see a vertical tool bar thingy where it says "Control Panel" ... at the bottom of the box you'll see "Edit Avatar" - click there.

3) In the center you'll see a pic of your current avatar, and under it you'll have the option to either upload a pic you have saved to your computer, or you can copy & paste the URL of a picture or image you found say off Google.com images or whatever off the internet.

4) Click on the "Save Changes" button right below the options where you change your avatar.

*** extra tips ***

If you can get an image/picture 100x 100 pixels that'll be the max (and best) size image you can use for your avatar. If not, I believe the site will resize the image for you, but I've had times where it told me the size or image would not work or was invalid.

Basically, just either save the avatar pic you want to your computer and use the upload option, or find the pic on the internet, then "right click" the image and depending on what Windows (or Mac) version you have, in the drop down options you should see one that says "Copy URL of image" or something to that effect... then go back to InsideHoops in the change avatar options and *paste* the URL address in the box-line and save changes.

Should work fine either way.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

"Wicked" is a VERY cool word. Another I've always liked is "naughty".

OWL's the best and it suits her splendidly.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
"Wicked" is a VERY cool word. Another I've always liked is "naughty".

OWL's the best and it suits her splendidly.

How kind.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: