Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #16
Laker's Future
Banned

Default Re: Its Official Spiderman Is Not Done Yet!!!

I want to see Madam Web! There would be all kinds of twist and everything. Alternate reality's and time changing stuff, can't remember too much, it's been like 12-15yrs since I even seen a spidy cartoon. And I only owned like 2 spidy Comics when I was a kid. But that may explain why the meteor landed near spidy. IMO And I remember the professor saying that the last meteor like that one landed in the 70's I wander if that had anything to do with the way Parker was acting. With all those disco moves and stuff. Just a thought.
But now I may have to buy the complete collection of cartoons and comics for my 8yr old. And plus I would like to study up. The movie and everyone posts here leaves me with a lot of questions.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #17
hippos
Banned

Quote:
So who will these villains be then? The short version: CARNAGE and LIZARD.

This alone makes the 4th one worth watching (never got that excited about the first three).

I was never a big comic fan, but the one plot that enthralled me as a kid was the battles between Spiderman/Venom/Carnage.

I'll def. have to see that one in theatres.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
anyone who thought Toby might want to keep away from being type-cast as Spiderman....the reason they are not continueing on with the Sopranoes...although it is too late for him...he might as well play Tony Soprano for life at this piont

and the fact that they are running out of villians....i didn't even know who the hell "sand man" was before this movie....

There are a shytload of villains. You need to do your research. There are enough for 8 Spidermans.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #19
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I knew a number 4 was definetly on the way, but IMO I didnt think anyone expected 3 or 4 more.
Everybody who understands money expects a lot more than 3 or 4 more. If Sony fails to produce a new sequel in any 3 year time span, they lose their most profitable franchise of all time, forever. If you think Sony will ever let the rights to Spiderman (again their most profitable film franchise ever) expire, you're nuts.

Not only will there be three more, but there will likely be 20 more.

Even if they make #4 and it sucks and nobody goes to see it, do you think Sony will give up on #5 and say goodbye to Spiderman forever? The only other possibility at that point is that that they negotiate a sale of the rights back to Marvel.

The same thing applies to X-Men and Fantastic Four over at Fox. As long as those franchises have a future of generating profits, the rights will be retained, and that means a constant stream of movies.

I'm quite surprised that Universal let the Hulk rights revert. Hulk wasn't a huge success, but it's still a valuable property that will generate a lot of revenue down the road. They failed to make a sequel in time, so Marvel snatched it back up and immediatly started work on producing a Hulk movie of their own (I'm sure many of you are aware of it - will star Ed Norton and Liv Tyler).
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #20
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Everybody who understands money expects a lot more than 3 or 4 more. If Sony fails to produce a new sequel in any 3 year time span, they lose their most profitable franchise of all time, forever. If you think Sony will ever let the rights to Spiderman (again their most profitable film franchise ever) expire, you're nuts.

Not only will there be three more, but there will likely be 20 more.

Even if they make #4 and it sucks and nobody goes to see it, do you think Sony will give up on #5 and say goodbye to Spiderman forever? The only other possibility at that point is that that they negotiate a sale of the rights back to Marvel.

The same thing applies to X-Men and Fantastic Four over at Fox. As long as those franchises have a future of generating profits, the rights will be retained, and that means a constant stream of movies.

I'm quite surprised that Universal let the Hulk rights revert. Hulk wasn't a huge success, but it's still a valuable property that will generate a lot of revenue down the road. They failed to make a sequel in time, so Marvel snatched it back up and immediatly started work on producing a Hulk movie of their own (I'm sure many of you are aware of it - will star Ed Norton and Liv Tyler).

Well I am not that old to know everything about money yet, but thanks for educating a homie.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: