Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Findings upheld, discipline vacated.

Goodell should show up at his next press conference in a clown suit.

Last edited by Real Men Wear Green : 12-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Findings upheld, discipline vacted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Goodell should show up at his next press conference in a clown suit.
Why? The findings were that everything he said was true, but that the owners forced the players to do it basically (and lied and corrupted the evidence). It's not finding out their was no bounty program. What's embarassing? No suspension can ever get overturned?

I agree with this, said so at the time. People in charge should get hammered, players had very little choice.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Why? The findings were that everything he said was true, but that the owners forced the players to do it basically (and lied and corrupted the evidence). It's not finding out their was no bounty program. What's embarassing? No suspension can ever get overturned?

I agree with this, said so at the time. People in charge should get hammered, players had very little choice.
He handed out massive suspensions to players and they were all revoked. "You're guilty but we're not punishing you" is meaningless, a way for Tagliabue to try and act like he agreed with Goodell while letting the players off. The reality is obvious.

I was expecting Tagliabue to make some kind of punishment as he's really an NFL guy, being the last commissioner. Him removing all penalty is a statement that Goodell went way too far and leaves us to question if there was anything valid here whatsoever.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He handed out massive suspensions to players and they were all revoked. "You're guilty but we're not punishing you" is meaningless, a way for Tagliabue to try and act like he agreed with Goodell while letting the players off. The reality is obvious.

I was expecting Tagliabue to make some kind of punishment as he's really an NFL guy, being the last commissioner. Him removing all penalty is a statement that Goodell went way too far and leaves us to question if there was anything valid here whatsoever.
Or he thinks the players had no choice in their actions like he said in his verbiage. Or he thinks there is some doubt because the coaches threw them under the bus like he pretty much said (phrased nicer). I disagree with you. What he said is what i thought and said at the time. I didn't see how you punished the coaches for making the players do this, and then the players for participating as if they had a choice.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Or he thinks the players had no choice in their actions like he said in his verbiage. Or he thinks there is some doubt because the coaches threw them under the bus like he pretty much said (phrased nicer). I disagree with you. What he said is what i thought and said at the time. I didn't see how you punished the coaches for making the players do this, and then the players for participating as if they had a choice.
And this is still a massive disagreement with Goodell. Going from a 4 game or season-long suspension to no punishment is a huge difference.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
And this is still a massive disagreement with Goodell. Going from a 4 game or season-long suspension to no punishment is a huge difference.
If it was only the players who got punished i'd agree with you more, but the bulk of the punishment was with (as i think it should be) the coaches and those didn't go anywhere. Anyway i'm glad it's done, i'm glad the people who ran it (and allowed it) are still punished, and the players are not so it's win win to me. I'm not going to debate Goodell's commissionership as i don't like him, but i doubt i'd like anyone whose job is seemingly to punish and push owner agendas.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

http://deadspin.com/5967694/paul-tag...ium=socialflow

Pretty good write-up on Tagliabue's decision
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I still see the same ole shit. Coaches talking tough, and tough words but nothing on the field other than a few hard hits on Brett Favre. A powerpoint about Manning doesn't mean there was money involved or anything like that. I see Niko is still talking the same tired stuff he was at the start of the year. You tried to tell me the Mickey Loomis wire tapping stuff was true, and then when it was proven to be bullshit you had nothing to say.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
I still see the same ole shit. Coaches talking tough, and tough words but nothing on the field other than a few hard hits on Brett Favre. A powerpoint about Manning doesn't mean there was money involved or anything like that. I see Niko is still talking the same tired stuff he was at the start of the year. You tried to tell me the Mickey Loomis wire tapping stuff was true, and then when it was proven to be bullshit you had nothing to say.
It wasn't true. You were right and i was wrong. I'm sorry i didn't continue a dead conversation.

The bounty stuff happened though. Your defense is a bunch of girls who couldn't follow through and actually hurt people, true. But your coaches offered money and told players to knock people out of the game. Which is again why i thought the coaches being suspended is fair and not the players.

Your coaches are still suspended, and your players (like Brees) essentially spent all year bitching about this instead of playing. Good for you.

The league called the Saints up and said "don't offer money" and the Saints kept doing it, as retarded and non impactful as it was. That's why i'll never feel bad for them. If the Giants get busted for something that they were warned to stop years prior i'll be mad at my coaches, not the league.

Didn't we play last week? How did that go?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

when was the money exchanged? Where's the proof of that? Where's the proof on the field? It's all still hearsay. How dare the Saints talk tough in the locker room. The Giants talked about Kyle Williams and then delivered. As far as I'm concerned they did more than the Saints ever did.

And you're right, we did just play. And it was ugly. It almost makes up for the last 3 times we played. 49-24, 48-27, 30-7.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
when was the money exchanged? Where's the proof of that? Where's the proof on the field? It's all still hearsay. How dare the Saints talk tough in the locker room. The Giants talked about Kyle Williams and then delivered. As far as I'm concerned they did more than the Saints ever did.

And you're right, we did just play. And it was ugly. It almost makes up for the last 3 times we played. 49-24, 48-27, 30-7.

Your moment has passed, don't be bitter. It happens to all good teams.

And the findings were that there WAS a bounty program. If you are going to brag that the league was wrong based on the findings then you need to accept the findings which was that there WAS a bounty program. I don't know how everyone reads that there was a bounty program but the players were over punished as there was no program. That's not what it says. If we can argue over made up shit then what is the point. (like your Kyle Williams things).

The league told the Saints you can't offer money for hits, the Saints kept doing it. They were dumb. That's a you problem, not a league problem. Basically because you ignored the league you lost a season. Hooray for you repping you won here somehow
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: