Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #31
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Deron "I'm a system player"

Bad statement by him, because a lot of people take it the wrong way. How I see it, he admits to having a hard time playing in a system in which he is to roam free and create for himself and the team. In Utah he played a lot of set plays and pick and rolls. Less decisionmaking and more structure. He prefers playing within a system, in which he isn't required to create of the dribble all the time, as he is now in NJ.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In the two years that Deron was being begged to stay by the Nets, it never once occured to him to say "Avery, i'd play better in a more structured offense" which the Nets would have 100% implemented right away to appease him?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #33
Purch
"Yung D-Will"

Purch is considered somewhat coolPurch is considered somewhat coolPurch is considered somewhat cool

Literally like a week and a half ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purch
Yes you do "use" Deron. In Utah we didn't simply just let Deron run the offense and create all the offense. He's great at doing that, but he's not Cp3 in that regard. What we did is we played him for significant stretches off the ball where he'd catch and shoot and get easy baskets going towards the Rim and get screens set for him. Also we'd take the ball out of Deron's hands and allow him to post up smaller guards and fully utalize his passing abilty out of the post. D-Will's the best point guard passer out of the post that I've seen since J-Kidd on New Jersey, but he doesn't only look to pass he also has the abilty to get easy buckets inside because of how big he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
He does do all of that you're mentioning. He plays off the ball, and he posts up a lot. There was a reason Sloan got fired/quit whatever really happened. You don't put a leash on Deron.

I'm sorry but with your recent threads I just find the post you made so much more commical

But BUT UTAH'S system limited D-Will, and that's why Jerry got fired !!!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=283086&page=5

Last edited by Purch : 12-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Purch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #34
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purch
Literally like a week and a half ago

I'm sorry but with your recent threads I just find the post you made so much more commical

But BUT UTAH'S system limited D-Will, and that's why Jerry got fired !!!!!

Good stuff. Guess you were right on point
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k is considered somewhat coolFoster5k is considered somewhat cool

Lol at any dude admitting he is a system player. To even say you're a system player means there are players that aren't system players. He labeled himself a system player. Meaning he can't play without a good system suited for his style.

Things are getting really bad for the Nets.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Funny how he's the one who drove Sloan out of Utah. What a douche. Now he can be mediocre on a forever irrelevant team. Nets where a fraud from the start. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #37
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Deron always looks overweight. Kinda of like he's on that pizza, cake, and beer diet.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #38
Purch
"Yung D-Will"

Purch is considered somewhat coolPurch is considered somewhat coolPurch is considered somewhat cool

Deron like Raymond Felton seem like the kind of players who always balence between that line of being big guards and out of shape.
Purch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableIt's A VC3!!! is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
In the two years that Deron was being begged to stay by the Nets, it never once occured to him to say "Avery, i'd play better in a more structured offense" which the Nets would have 100% implemented right away to appease him?

He's using the system as an excuse. If it was really the system you don't wait 2 years to say something. He's missing shots and sucking on defense. How is that the systems fault?
It's A VC3!!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #40
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Name a great player that didn't have a system around him that made him shine. People here use the word system as if it means a bad thing. Duncan had a great system around him. Jordan too. Nearly every player needs to have a great system in place for them to excel.
was just going to post this, all players are essentially system players.. do most ISHtards think that the best players can somehow wing it all game and still average what their averaging?
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #41
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

He's not 100%
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #42
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
Deron always looks overweight. Kinda of like he's on that pizza, cake, and beer diet.

just his body type....kinda like melo,sir charles, cp3,etc
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #43
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow, one of the best sports writers on the east coast, dave d'allessandro, just ripped deron a new one in his own subtle style. dave's normally a very understanding sort, so this was a pretty strong statement for him:

Nets' Deron Williams resting on his laurels - and fat wallet

Published: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
By Dave D'Alessandro/Star-Ledger Columnist

NEW YORK — Good morning, Deron Williams.

Thanks for coming, have a seat.

We figured it was time to have this chin-wag — even after a decent but disappointing night at the Garden — because you’re a sensitive soul who needs to be approached carefully even when we venture into something intended as a friendly critique.

This has less to do with how you play — which is bad enough, you readily admit nowadays — than how you act, which is just one evening gown shy of a diva. And by now you may have sensed that everyone around you seems unwilling to share their candid observations with you.

Quote:

Nets guard Deron Williams has been sitting down on the job lately

We heard you blame your troubles on coach Avery Johnson, and pine for the days when that wise old crank in Utah ran stuff that was better suited to your individual skills.

Trust us: The national response was raucous laughter, because you were the guy responsible for getting Jerry Sloan to decide after 27 years that he’d rather live with his 30 tractors in McLeansboro, Ill., than put up with your insubordination.

Now you say Sloan was best for your career, not to mention the $100 million contract that validates it? That’s rich.

Sure, revisionist history was worth a shot, but our only takeaway was more sympathy for Avery. He’s done what he had to do with this offense: Establish Brook Lopez, get Joe Johnson acclimated quickly, and whatever sugar remains goes to Deron and Gerald Wallace.

Whether the point guard likes it or not is irrelevant. You make it work. You lead.

And when you miss game-winning shots against the Bulls and Knicks, with no defender in the same ZIP code, you blame yourself — period.

Of course, the lack of accountability is also management’s fault. We recall those stories about you finishing practice and heading up to Billy King’s office to plop yourself on the couch — where even the new boss chuckled along when you called yourself “the assistant GM.” Haw!

But if you understand the GM-player relationship, you know this is a problem. Because with the exception of one guy in San Antonio, no player should have this kind of entitlement. Not even LeBron James, who once prided himself on his ability to hold a franchise hostage, would presume to have this kind of influence.

Everyone knows the power you brandish in Brooklyn, and they have no choice but to enable it. But now they wonder whether you’ll understand that it comes with responsibility.

Consider that locker room you whined about last season. You were the captain. What did you do about it, other than complain?

Funny thing: Back then, whenever someone said “best PG,” you automatically thought Chris Paul and D-Will — zero debate. Now, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving and Rajon Rondo reside at the top of that list, and Deron Williams barely cracks the top 10.

“You could easily argue that Raymond Felton is having a better year than Deron,” a former D-3 point guard named Jeff Van Gundy said before this game last night.

Then the ESPN analyst said this: “I’m trying to figure out how this guy, who was among the very best point guards, is shooting the ball so poorly — and it’s not just this year.

“I mean, does he work at it? For all we’ve heard lately from him by way of explanations, eventually shouldn’t you look in the mirror?”

Van Gundy mentioned that he asked you whether being on poor teams affected how you work, and you replied, “No.” You know where that was going: JVG’s favorite work-ethic cautionary tale is about Derek Harper arriving in New York in ’94, and needing Pat Riley to “coach the Dallas out of him.”

See, Harper thought he worked hard, and everyone was thrilled to have him, but he had picked up a laundry list of bad habits with the then-horrid Mavs. He had to be told the stakes had changed, and he had to change with them. It took a while, but ultimately Harp led the Knicks to the NBA Finals.

Anyway, you told Van Gundy that no such lag exists with you — that the 25-42 on your Nets record does not affect your prep in any way. And he believed you.

Then we noticed that your warm-up last night consisted of about 60 shots in 10 minutes. Sure, it’s the second night of a back-to-back. But 60 shots for a guy shooting .389 and .292 from 3? A guy who has shot .396 since he left Utah?

For the leader of a team that has gone 2-8 this month, including this 100-86 loss at the Garden, with the only victories coming against the Pistons and Raptors?

Hope it was a constructive shootaround, young fella.

For a minute there, you almost got away with it. You had a good first half, and five great minutes to start the third — rhythm shots, ball movement, different speeds — and your team was a plus-8, leading 61-57.

Then, out of a timeout, you forgot to sink in pick-and-roll coverage, which resulted in one of Tyson Chandler’s six dunks; and shot an air ball that made everything go sideways.

Ultimately, it turned into a typical night — for the Nets and their captain. Maybe it changes, maybe it doesn’t. We’re here today to suggest that it’s entirely up to you. Hopefully you agree. Now please get off our couch.

Quote:

New York Knicks point guard Jason Kidd (5) and New York Knicks small forward Carmelo Anthony (7) high five after they go up big in the 4th quarter at the New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets in NBA game at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, NY 12/19/12
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #44
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

has deron had surgery on his wrist yet?????......his shot not being the same since the injury is the problem....
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #45
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Avery is a horrible coach. The guy "led" the Mavs to the NBA finals, 67 wins the following season and was unemployed for almost three years afterwards. Dirk Nowitzki is the ultimate team player. You never hear him say a bad word about a teammate, coach or owner, but you could read between the lines that he wanted Avery gone. There are two reasons the Mavs didn´t win in 2006, the refs and that Riley rode Avery like a two dollar whore.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: