Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #31
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Source: Jets want Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I would absolutely LOVE to see Vick in Arizona.

The Cardinals and the Phoenix market are extremely conservative. I don't think it's likely that they risk alienating their fan base by bringing in Vick. And if they think Kolb is EVER going to be their guy there's no way they bring in Vick and revisit the Philly situation.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #32
niko
I Run NY.

I don't think Arizona would reject Vick as long as he played well. If he played poorly maybe. The difference is the NY market and the Jets 24/7 bullshit would want to talk about his past and disect it. I don't think the smaller markets have the same amount of people and definitely less national people no?

Vick is a horrible fit for the Jets and the Jets are a horrible fit for Vick.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #33
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

The Jets have a great O-Line. Sanchez just ****ing sucks thats the problem. Even stat wise Jets have a top O-Line. Dbrick hasn't gave up a sack all year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Heck according to this stat website Jets have the 3rd best Oline in the NFL!

Dont get Oline sacks confused with Sanchez's inability to escape pressure
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
The Jets have a great O-Line. Sanchez just ****ing sucks thats the problem. Even stat wise Jets have a top O-Line. Dbrick hasn't gave up a sack all year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Heck according to this stat website Jets have the 3rd best Oline in the NFL!

Dont get Oline sacks confused with Sanchez's inability to escape pressure

Jets offensive line has played terrible in pass protection. WTF do you watch?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #35
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

Jets

McElroy is a better option than Vick or Sanchez.
Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Wilbon
Jets

McElroy is a better option than Vick or Sanchez.
I like McElroy more than both as well for the Jets.

The Jets at the skill positions makes the OLine look worse than what it is. All barely possession WR's, no explosive RB's with good vision or ability to make anyone miss, a QB that isnt accurate.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #37
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Didn't McElroy get sacked 11 times in his start? He didn't really get a concussion, they just called Amnesty International. Ryan had no choice. I don't know why a Jets fan would think that's a good option. Well, yes I do: Mark Sanchez. **** whatever Ryan has to say, Tebow would not have done worse than what we saw (well, I stopped watching a few weeks ago) from Sanchez and McElroy this year. Sanchez is responsible for some of the most embarrassing football I have ever seen. Buttfumble is the ugliest play of all time and that wasn't even his worst game. How the hell does Ryan talk about this guy giving them the best chance to win? I guess they had no chance to win, because 6-10 isn't winning shit. Y'all better pray Philly cuts Vick because if NY comes back with the Sad Clown (Sanchez) and the Tackling Dummy (McElroy) Fireman Ed is going to start going to Net games.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #38
fpliii
LAL Est. 1960

I'd love to have Vick
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #39
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Didn't McElroy get sacked 11 times in his start? He didn't really get a concussion, they just called Amnesty International. Ryan had no choice. I don't know why a Jets fan would think that's a good option. Well, yes I do: Mark Sanchez. **** whatever Ryan has to say, Tebow would not have done worse than what we saw (well, I stopped watching a few weeks ago) from Sanchez and McElroy this year. Sanchez is responsible for some of the most embarrassing football I have ever seen. Buttfumble is the ugliest play of all time and that wasn't even his worst game. How the hell does Ryan talk about this guy giving them the best chance to win? I guess they had no chance to win, because 6-10 isn't winning shit. Y'all better pray Philly cuts Vick because if NY comes back with the Sad Clown (Sanchez) and the Tackling Dummy (McElroy) Fireman Ed is going to start going to Net games.

Exactly, I've been saying that forever now.

People love to bash Tebow's QB skills, specifically his throwing ability but look what Sanchez is doing.. He single handily loses the Jets multiple ball games.

Fact is that they never even considered Tebow at the QB spot. They didn't want to deal with the PR beast that Tebow is because if Tebow put in some good performances people will be calling for Tebow to the the QBOF and some will be calling for Ryan's head for not going to him earlier. That along with the fact that Sanchez has a heavy contract the Jets have to make execuses that Sanchez is the best option or that Tebow simply isn't a QB.

Tebow as a QB is conservative when throwing, he doesn't throw interceptions like Sanchez which itself could have saved them some ball games. Tebow does have a fumbling problem(due to his scrambling ability) but it's still not as bad as Sanchez. The differences is that Tebow can atleast give you something in the running game which will generate some production for that brutal offense and not to mention Tebow is as clutch as a player there is. Why didn't they try to run some sort of pistol/spread offense like Washington, San Fran, Seattle, etc, are running. Tebow can certainly run that offense and he had some success last year in it..

Ryan and co are just too stubborn.. BRB Sanchez putting up the worst possible stats a starting QB can post and yet fail to make a change.. I think Sanchez has 18 INT and 14 total Fumbles
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #40
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I would love to see Vick go to the NYJ on one hand, because I think it would be a disaster and I love seeing the Jets in disaster mode as currently constituted. (Coaches, staff, locker room, etc.) On the other hand the NFL is far more fun when Vick is playing well, and I don't think that staff is going to remain so the new staff doesn't deserve it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: