Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #571
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
He sucks. Let's just call a spade a spade. lol

Yea cuz guys are scared to shoot.
I think he has to learn how to play because he isnt getting cut. The Knicks need to start developing players making them better soon. I mean even Brewer, any player. These guys are on the roster most likely not getting traded or cut.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #572
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I think he has to learn how to play because he isnt getting cut. The Knicks need to start developing players making them better soon. I mean even Brewer, any player. These guys are on the roster most likely not getting traded or cut.
Agreed, they aren't going anywhere.

The best way to handle it is just mix in how they normally play with what you need from them.

Like Pablo, there is no doubt he can play, we've seen good things from him.

But he isn't more than a 15 minute player right now because the game is a little fast for him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #573
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im sorry but I gotta be the jerk I guess. Ill give Pablo one thing. He is very fiesty on D. That being said, he is a liability on offense. Im sorry but I have no need for a pg who cant bring the ball up court or penetrate consistently. Its just like getting a qb who cant throw...*cough Jets*
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #574
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pablo at least passes the ball, and gets other guys into the games. Felton just holds, holds, holds, then shoots.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #575
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Im sorry but I gotta be the jerk I guess. Ill give Pablo one thing. He is very fiesty on D. That being said, he is a liability on offense. Im sorry but I have no need for a pg who cant bring the ball up court or penetrate consistently. Its just like getting a qb who cant throw...*cough Jets*
Come on now, you know this isn't true.

In his limited action, he is quite efficient offensively, although I will say he does turnover the ball more than I'd prefer.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #576
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Felton becoming way to accommodated with shooting.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #577
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In 944 minutes, Felton has 1 win share.

In 389 minutes, Prigioni has 0.8 win shares.

Raymond's horrendous shooting is killing us. His absence over the next few weeks will be a blessing in disguise.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #578
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guys,I missed the last 2 games because of technical difficulties. I just know both games came down to the wire and we split them.
Good enough to re-watch them ?

Also,could you answer a couple of questions for me ?

1.What's up with Melo and Felton,I see they missed both games.
2.When will Amare come back ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #579
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Come on now, you know this isn't true.

In his limited action, he is quite efficient offensively, although I will say he does turnover the ball more than I'd prefer.
I'm convinced we don't watch the same games. I must be watching some other Knicks team in another league or something. Pablo Prigioni is GARBAGE on offense. It takes him the full 8 seconds to get the ball up court if someone is defending him. He almost never wants to shoot the ball. THATS why he gets guys involved. Because he knows he can't do anything himself. It's easy to be unselfish when you suck on offense. That's like sayng Brewer isn't selfish. Yea...because he has no reason to NOT pass the ball lol. We don't need any more guys who don't want to shoot. Our offense looks like hot potato. Nobody wants the ball until Melo or JR gets it. You guys can get on Felton all you want, but someone has to shoot the ball. At some point, someone has to shoot the damn ball. You only get 24 seconds. It's not like he's taking bad, contested shots. Problemis, a lot of you guys base what's a good shot on whether it's going in or not.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #580
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Guys,I missed the last 2 games because of technical difficulties. I just know both games came down to the wire and we split them.
Good enough to re-watch them ?

Also,could you answer a couple of questions for me ?

1.What's up with Melo and Felton,I see they missed both games.
2.When will Amare come back ?
Watch them both, just be mindful they were down 27 to the Kings.

Felton is out a minimum of 4 weeks with a broken finger.

Melo is day to day with a hypextended knee.

Amare is planning to play tomorrow, but hasnt officially committed.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #581
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Watch them both, just be mindful they were down 27 to the Kings.

Felton is out a minimum of 4 weeks with a broken finger.

Melo is day to day with a hypextended knee.

Amare is planning to play tomorrow, but hasnt officially committed.
I've just watched the game against the Suns. Tyson had some rare moves in that game (turnaround in the post,mid range jumper...).
J.R. and Kidd
I don't think I'll watch the Kings game. I guess it's a good thing I missed the game after all with how it ended

I really hope Amare will play against Portland,I'm excited to see him play. Especially if he improved his post game as some people were reporting.

Copeland looked pretty solid against the Suns and judging by boxscore he looked even more impressive against the Kings.

Ronnie Brewer's horrible shooting streak now reached 10 games without a made three. He's missed his last 13 three point attempts. His defense isn't as good as advertised. Guy played excellent early in the season but has turned into a liability on offense.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-31-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #582
Sarcastic

I'll take Pablo's methodical approach over Felton chucking with 16 seconds left on the shot clock.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #583
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I'm convinced we don't watch the same games. I must be watching some other Knicks team in another league or something. Pablo Prigioni is GARBAGE on offense. It takes him the full 8 seconds to get the ball up court if someone is defending him. He almost never wants to shoot the ball. THATS why he gets guys involved. Because he knows he can't do anything himself. It's easy to be unselfish when you suck on offense. That's like sayng Brewer isn't selfish. Yea...because he has no reason to NOT pass the ball lol. We don't need any more guys who don't want to shoot. Our offense looks like hot potato. Nobody wants the ball until Melo or JR gets it. You guys can get on Felton all you want, but someone has to shoot the ball. At some point, someone has to shoot the damn ball. You only get 24 seconds. It's not like he's taking bad, contested shots. Problemis, a lot of you guys base what's a good shot on whether it's going in or not.
For someone who can't shoot and don't wanna shoot, they shoot BETTER than the guy who wont stop shooting.

43% 34% from three 90% at the line.

Felton dreams he can do this, and that's from a guy who would rather NOT SHOOT AT ALL.

Sometimes a good shot is the one you dont take, but actually find a better shot.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #584
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Speaking of shooting I think only two players on the team has less points than shots taken.

Brewer is one, the other is Felton.

At least Brewer has an excuse, he has deformed limbs, Felton's is in his head.

Hopefully he'll get well and the team will be closer to 100% so he can stop shooting as much.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #585
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alan Hahn (@alanhahn) tweeted at 1:22 AM on Tue, Jan 01, 2013:
“@Mfischhh: @alanhahn melo and amare running on the same team?” Yes. Melo sent him a no-look for a dunk over Copeland earlier.
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: