Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Amare Stoudemire is back for Knicks

Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire made his season debut on Tuesday night against the Trail Blazers. After missing time due to knee surgery, he played 17 minutes off the bench and scored six points. He went 3 for 8 from the floor and missed both of his free throws. Stoudemire also hauled in one rebound and blocked a shot while turning the ball over twice in the 105-100 loss. "I felt good," Stoudemire said. "The game felt like it was going 100 mph that first half. Had a couple of easy-looking shots, open shots, just a little bit rusty, wasn't able to knock those down. But the second half was better than my first half. Hopefully my second game will be better than my first game."

Analysis: The plan is to bring Stoudemire along slowing and he should jump back into the starting lineup once he's back in game shape. That could take awhile so keep an eye on his progress going forward. The Knicks have played well without the 30-year-old but his presence in the paint will be much-needed as the season goes on. Owners in deeper formats should feel free to get Stoudemire active but wait until he's back to 100 percent until considering him a must-start Fantasy option again.

-- CBS Sports
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: