Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #691
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Veto it.

Going to 3 keepers would be cool that's my vote for now.

I think we have kmart, beast, myself, bokes, funk all for veto and brwnman, FC to let it go through. Chamberlain I won't speak for, but I think he's saying the deal can go through. I'm not ruling the league with an iron fist, so that's why a few more votes and we can put this to bed.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #692
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Says the guy that admits to sending offers he knows wont be accepted. And bringing up season long ranks for guys dealt in March at the trade deadline is yet again, using out of context info. Shocker.
I usually don't say a word when I send one of those offers. I just send them. You try to confuse people with numbers. I mean, you have won the league every season until last season. You have to know better than you appear when you use those misleading stats.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #693
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
I usually don't say a word when I send one of those offers. I just send them. You try to confuse people with numbers. I mean, you have won the league every season until last season. You have to know better than you appear when you use those misleading stats.

Stats are stats, you can't change them to be misleading. The fact that you are suggesting using stats in a trade offer being a bad thing is funny. Right now I am shopping Dragic. I haven't talked to a GM or offered him to any GM that looks like they can't use additional assits. Actually putting thought into a deal I think is more efficient then sending out a slew of offers you know wont be accepted. But everyone can play their own way.

You are doing your typical spin job to deflect what this discussion is really about. Not everything you talk about has to be regarding me. It's weird.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #694
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I have seen RF make some pretty outrageous deals during the past few seasons. I remember him getting Kevin Love for scrap change, among others.

If someone wants Nene as a 6th round keeper for next season, then let them deal whoever they want for that player. We shouldn't be collectively getting involved.

I myself have offered some pretty valuable players lately to acquire more keeper prospects since my season is basically lost. I would be pretty damn pissed off if I don't get the keeper I want because I traded a superior player for him or if there are some power struggle issues because of where that team is in the standings.

That's just my opinion. But it looks as though this trade will be vetoed and that seems to compromise the integrity of the league more than anything else. We each have our own teams and we are each independent managers that should be able to deal who we want to get whatever player(s) we wish to acquire.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #695
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I have seen RF make some pretty outrageous deals during the past few seasons. I remember him getting Kevin Love for scrap change, among others.

If someone wants Nene as a 6th round keeper for next season, then let them deal whoever they want for that player. We shouldn't be collectively getting involved.

I myself have offered some pretty valuable players lately to acquire more keeper prospects since my season is basically lost. I would be pretty damn pissed off if I don't get the keeper I want because I traded a superior player for him or if there are some power struggle issues because of where that team is in the standings.

That's just my opinion. But it looks as though this trade will be vetoed and that seems to compromise the integrity of the league more than anything else. We each have our own teams and we are each independent managers that should be able to deal who we want to get whatever player(s) we wish to acquire.

Thanks Toni. One for the non veto team. As I said before, this discussion isn't because FC got Cousins even though I know some will feel that is the reason for concern. I don't think Funk is stating his opinion about it being a horrible deal because FC was the recipient. I also believe their is a 0% change Nene will be kept by brwnman. I think it was done out of anger and spite.

As for the Love deal, we've obviously discussed that in length...the deal where some of the scraps I gave up were an under round 1 value Kevin Durant, so I'll leave it alone. Big thing there is nobody was doing it because they were mad at a rule change.

I won't make eveyrone happy here whatever happens.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #696
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think it's a dumb trade but he has a reason for making it, at least in his own head.

Recently I looked into moving Dirk (1st round) for a lesser player who would have a better keeper value because I have no intention of keeping Dirk next year. I wouldn't have done it for Nene, mind you, but my intentions were the same as brwnman's.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #697
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

The drama that is the Raptors forum keeper league. ...love it!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #698
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I have 2 first rounders in Dwight and D Wade. Looking to trade one of them as well.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #699
RapsFan
Great college starter

Side discussion for another time, I wish so many people wouldn't bail so early into the season. So much basketball left to me played - anything can happen.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #700
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Side discussion for another time, I wish so many people wouldn't bail so early into the season. So much basketball left to me played - anything can happen.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm still looking to make my team better. If the opportunity arises and I think it makes my team better, then I will make a trade.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #701
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For those defending the deal, I think you need to look at the context of how, when, and why it happened. I think those factors are bigger than the trade itself.

edit: To break it down, Brwnman was wanting 4 keepers to remain and says that he feels that a change for the following season should be made pre draft so that you can draft accordingly. I am of the personal belief that you shouldn't be throwing a draft for the purpose of winning next season but as has been said by Brwnman and Toni, everyone has their own strategies and nobody can tell anyone else how to play the game. And i'm ok with anyone who agrees with him that changes should be made pre-draft.

That being said, one thing we have never had a standard, formal, format for is league-wide changes. Generally they start as suggestions, then if a few people agree to the suggestion it becomes a recommendation pretty much. And then if it looks like a good amount (i'd say at least 5-6 regulars since as RF said some play the game but don't post in here at all) then RF gives the thumbs up and it goes through. That's how it's always been.

So Brwnman got pissed about it, ok again fair enough. As I said in a previous post, I got pissed about various rule changes that I didn't like or didn't know they had been made official and complained about it. I was mad too. But as Funk said, I had to get over it. The league was ok with the move, and I as one player of the game wasn't gonna keep going with it and take down the league because I was upset.

I then offered to do the most fair thing I could think of and ask Brwnman if he wanted a league-wide vote as to whether 4 keepers stays or goes. I'm pretty sure that RF was willing to do it as well. He refused. And then to "show us" the flaws of the system (read his explanation, it speaks for itself) he pulls off that trade because he says he already has his keepers and doesn't have need for a 4th. If the 4 keepers had been agreed upon, Cousins would still be on his roster right now. That's the whole point. I don't know if he could've made that any clearer.

Last edited by bokes15 : 01-04-2013 at 05:27 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #702
RapsFan
Great college starter

^^^ and he's trying to sell the Nene deal because he WANTS Nene as a keeper option, which is reverse logic. If we moved to 5 keepers and that was his story then it fits (at least that part of the story).
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #703
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As for the RapsFan thing that FC discussed, I think it's pretty lame to put "persistence" in the same category as cheating. I have been one of the most outspoken posters about some of the deals that RF has pulled off over the years, such as the ones that were already mentioned. BUT, we all know how he plays the game. He gets those trades done because he'll give you a long explanation for an offer when he sends it. If you don't agree with that one, he'll PM you and try and work out tweaking it and switching up the players and exhaust all options before letting it go. And sometimes I think he sets up so many deals on the table that you accept one thinking it's fair at the time and maybe later seeing that it's not. But of all the deals he's made, they are a situation where the person he traded the player(s) to felt the deal was fair at the time. And obviously, each person's individual goal is to get the best out of the trade whether that be an even trade, or an advantage for them. I can't fault anyone for that whether I personally like it or not.

But really, how believable is it that a guy with a 5th round D-Rose, Bynum that he picked up off waivers, Ryan Anderson, Joakim Noah, John Wall, Asik, Ty Lawson, etc... would trade Demarcus Cousins with the intention of KEEPING Nene? And even moreso the fact that the trade was made in a middle of an argument about keepers right after he said he was gonna pull off some trades because of it. Do you guys really believe that story?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #704
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
4 keepers rewards you for drafting well, and being active on the waivers. As it stands with 3 keepers, I have no reason to play. I got my keepers; I can be inactive the rest of the way...
By the way, did nobody catch this? This was said shortly before the trade was made. What more do you need?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #705
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
But really, how believable is it that a guy with a 5th round D-Rose, Bynum that he picked up off waivers, Ryan Anderson, Joakim Noah, John Wall, Asik, Ty Lawson, etc... would trade Demarcus Cousins with the intention of KEEPING Nene? And even moreso the fact that the trade was made in a middle of an argument about keepers right after he said he was gonna pull off some trades because of it. Do you guys really believe that story?
Everybody should know by now that the key point for keepers is the round they go. And Nene is round 6. From that list of players, IF Nene plays well the second half of the season, he'd be the second best keeper after DRose.
Noah round 3 when DRose is back? no keeper value.
Ryan Anderson is an option, but is playing from the bench
Wall is questionable at round 4.
Asik is a BAD fantasy player in a 9-cat league.
Lawson is playing badly.
Bynum goes in round 3, even if he was dropped and taken from waivers. Too injury prone.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: