Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #316
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL Playoffs GT: Wildcard Round

Matt Ryan could be compared to Romo though if the Falcons go out first round...

not that I think it is fair at all...to me it's the "FALCONS TEAM" that will have lost, not Ryan...but I can certainly compare the way idiot NFL fans view things between the two of them.

if Ryan were to lose he should get the same stupid ass "can't win a big game" treatment that Romo gets...(even though Romo has won a playoff game)
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #317
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
if Ryan were to lose he should get the same stupid ass "can't win a big game" treatment that Romo gets...(even though Romo has won a playoff game)

Matt Ryan does get that treatment. Ryan and the Falcons are constantly being ripped on for being playoff losers. For a 13-3 team, not many people consider them legit super bowl contenders.

Last edited by Heavincent : 01-06-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #318
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Matt Ryan does get that treatment. Ryan and the Falcons are constantly being ripped on for being playoff losers. For a 13-3 team, not many people consider them legit super bowl contenders.
Matt Ryan does get that treatment. Ryan and the Falcons are constantly being ripped on for being playoff losers. For a 13-3 team, not many people consider them legit super bowl contenders.[/quote]
No he doesn't. It's always the team that gets heat from fans for being a finesse team that benefits from playing in a dome and piles up a bunch of regular season wins only to get trounced in the playoffs by a team that "smacks them around a bit"

This has always been the common perception of the Falcons TEAM, not Ryan. He's rarely mentioned.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #319
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This has always been the common perception of the Falcons TEAM, not Ryan. He's rarely mentioned.

Idk what you're talking about.

All I hear, the opinion that seems most prevalent from what I can gather based on they way my friends and I talk about him, and from what I read, Ryan is considered to be that guy that needs to win a playoff game to be considered a top QB. He absolutely gets knocked on for playing poorly and being 0-3 in the playoffs.

If they lose again and he has another bad showing I bet you the talk will get a bit louder. What happened with Ryan though is that he built a reputation for being clutch. That's the difference. Well that a bunch of other things like Romo being in Dallas, and Ryan being low key, etc.

But the notion is out there with Ryan from what I can tell.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #320
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
um no, I'm not comparing any players at all

I am pointing out that jackass was doing the same thing that he got onto me for with Romo...injuries, bad oline, etc...

same with others and Luck earlier in this thread...no one wanted to give Luck the blame, it was "his bad oline" or "his WRs aren't catching" etc...But if anyone did that with Romo? lol, well we know what people say with that.

and that is comparing team's fans niko, not the players

You going crazy about this. I'm not using a boatload of excuses like you did for Romo. Just merely pointing out what happened. They were getting stomped when he was semi-healthy and it was all downhill once the injury got worse. What are we supposed to criticize RG3 for, being too tough and not taking himself out of the game?

And, when I said something about injuries, it was about the whole team. I didn't try to use all of our injuries (our list of banged up players is bigger than yours was) to say that's why we lost. I know injuries are a part of the game and it really sucks when it happens to key players, but it's something you have to deal with (with QB being the most difficult to deal with for most teams). I don't remember hating on Romo for playing through a serious injury.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 01-08-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: