Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #856
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
What round is he in?

Sorry should have mentioned that. I kept him in the 2nd round this year so he'll be a 1st rounder next year, so whomever receives him can keep him for 2 years.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #857
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

I think him being a first round keeper pretty much takes away any major incentive to trade for him unless you are willing to let go of him for cheap.

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 01-09-2013 at 12:33 AM.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #858
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I think him being a first round keeper pretty much takes away any major incentive to trade for him unless you are willing to let go of him for cheap.

Doesn't really make sense. Before getting hurt, was universally going number 4 overall. So assuming he's back at full strength later this year and into next, you'd control him for 2 yrs. Rather then re draft in the first and have to decide between non first round type people. Anyway that is your opinion and I have already received some very good offers.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #859
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Doesn't really make sense. Before getting hurt, was universally going number 4 overall. So assuming he's back at full strength later this year and into next, you'd control him for 2 yrs. Rather then re draft in the first and have to decide between non first round type people. Anyway that is your opinion and I have already received some very good offers.
Salesman talk.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #860
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Salesman talk.

I wish you could see my yahoo team page.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #861
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I wish you could see my yahoo team page.
Yeah, I would say I doubt that the offers you received for him are as great as you say they are, otherwise you'd have probably pulled the trigger on one of them by now. But no skin off my back either way.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #862
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Yeah, I would say I doubt that the offers you received for him are as great as you say they are, otherwise you'd have probably pulled the trigger on one of them by now. But no skin off my back either way.

To be honest its just a hard decision. Even injured, my team is good so I can possibly survive until he comes back, and then I get to keep him. I do have very good offers but just need to figure out what to do.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #863
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
To be honest its just a hard decision. Even injured, my team is good so I can possibly survive until he comes back, and then I get to keep him. I do have very good offers but just need to figure out what to do.
Kevin Love has ranked 148 this season. It means that he has been useless.
He will rebound next season, when he is healthy, but I don't expect him to have first round value again. He was fourth overall in a talentless Wolves. Now that the team is improved he won't get the same stats again. So take the best offer you have and run.

I think I'll shop Stephen Curry, who is ranked 9 overall this season, and he will be round 2 keeper next season, and he is healthy now. Much more value in Curry than in Love, but you will probably get better offers because of the name.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #864
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Kevin Love has ranked 148 this season. It means that he has been useless.
He will rebound next season, when he is healthy, but I don't expect him to have first round value again. He was fourth overall in a talentless Wolves. Now that the team is improved he won't get the same stats again. So take the best offer you have and run.

I think I'll shop Stephen Curry, who is ranked 9 overall this season, and he will be round 2 keeper next season, and he is healthy now. Much more value in Curry than in Love, but you will probably get better offers because of the name.

I thought Nene and his 153rd overall rank was a steal for brwnman as a keeper? Suggesting Love, healthy, wouldn't be a first round pick next year in every single draft that takes place is ludacris, however I understand you're gamesmanship in saying that.

As for Curry, definitely a great keeper, I agree with you there.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #865
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Out of curiosity, where exactly do you guys look up your rankings?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #866
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Out of curiosity, where exactly do you guys look up your rankings?


Just click ranks tab on your team. Gives you them there.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #867
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Ahhh, so that's where all this nonsense comes up of "X player is so amazing because he's ranked top 10 over the past week." "X player is a nobody because he's ranked 100 over the last 10 days." Man these rankings are like the holy bible for some of you guys in terms of trade values.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #868
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Ahhh, so that's where all this nonsense comes up of "X player is so amazing because he's ranked top 10 over the past week." "X player is a nobody because he's ranked 100 over the last 10 days." Man these rankings are like the holy bible for some of you guys in terms of trade values.

Not gonna lie I think its just FC.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #869
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Ranks are useful big picture, or seeing a trend, but they are definitely an inexact science. Guys with low turnovers, or high 3s usually get a big ranking advantage which sometimes doesn't make sense.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #870
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Not gonna lie I think its just FC.
Well there's actually only 2 people in this league who when sending me offers are sure to give info on recent rank trends and shifts. Like if one of my guys has a down stretch and one of theirs is playing phonemenally right at that moment, suddenly they are of equal value. But I honestly feel like overall the ability to talk you into buying that ranking jargon and therefore talk people into making uneven trades is actually more important than the actual rankings themselves. The top 2 players i'm referring to are a prime example of that. But don't worry i'm not a player hater. Game reognize game.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy