Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #331
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Letting Zaza have a near triple double, Devin Harris and Teague 46 points and 16 assists between the both of them makes me speechless. This was a must-win with Smith out. Now we got a confident Hawks team coming in on Friday with Smith in the lineup this time. Yea, the Nets had a nice streak beating lottery teams. Now, these next 30 days will be extremely difficult. Today was very disturbing to watch. Let's hope the Nets show up on Friday and win. Our record against over .500 teams needs to raise more questions. It's abominable.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #332
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Lets hope we make playoffs, be realistic and have a fun season.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #333
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It was so obvious what the hawks game plan was gonna be even before the game started but nets still get burned in transition. Not only that, they failed to counter attack by taking their own advantage over their undersized backcourt. Joe didnt post up ONCE. Also couldve fed Brook more early like they did in the 2nd half. But what can you do..hawks had an unbelievable shooting night. Props to the nets for not giving up and attempting to make a comeback.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #334
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
It was so obvious what the hawks game plan was gonna be even before the game started but nets still get burned in transition. Not only that, they failed to counter attack by taking their own advantage over their undersized backcourt. Joe didnt post up ONCE. Also couldve fed Brook more early like they did in the 2nd half. But what can you do..hawks had an unbelievable shooting night. Props to the nets for not giving up and attempting to make a comeback.

I wouldnt consider its a comeback if you cut the decifit from 19 to 14, but well at least it aint a 20pts blowout. Hopefully we win the next home game, if we lose 2 or 3 in a row we'd be right back to where we used to be before Avery was fired. Perhaps it was already a little bit too late to fire Avery Johnson 28 games into the season.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #335
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I wouldnt consider its a comeback if you cut the decifit from 19 to 14, but well at least it aint a 20pts blowout. Hopefully we win the next home game, if we lose 2 or 3 in a row we'd be right back to where we used to be before Avery was fired. Perhaps it was already a little bit too late to fire Avery Johnson 28 games into the season.

One thing I don't like about P.J. I've watched his last two post game conferences and all he talked about was "this guy had a good offensive game".
"Joe hit some nice shots". "Deron had an efficient game".

It was all offense, offense, and more offense coming out of his mouth. Someone needs to come in and teach the Nets not to give opposing professional athletes open shot after open shot.

I like defense more than offense. I get a thrill seeing us string together 4 or 5 stops because that lock-down defense ignites our offense.

Whatever, the Nets laid an egg, as did the Pacers and Celtics tonight. Friday is a MUST, MUST, MUST-WIN. Cannot lose two in a row heading to MSG to face the Knicks. The Nets need to show us that they are more than just a team that can pounce on lottery teams.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #336
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Lol yea well thats why i said it was an ATTEMPT. But werent we down 20 plus at one point?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #337
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
One thing I don't like about P.J. I've watched his last two post game conferences and all he talked about was "this guy had a good offensive game".
"Joe hit some nice shots". "Deron had an efficient game".

It was all offense, offense, and more offense coming out of his mouth. Someone needs to come in and teach the Nets not to give opposing professional athletes open shot after open shot.

I like defense more than offense. I get a thrill seeing us string together 4 or 5 stops because that lock-down defense ignites our offense.

Whatever, the Nets laid an egg, as did the Pacers and Celtics tonight. Friday is a MUST, MUST, MUST-WIN. Cannot lose two in a row heading to MSG to face the Knicks. The Nets need to show us that they are more than just a team that can pounce on lottery teams.

Actually the Nets defense has been somewhat good before the Raptors game, we locked down the Bobcats to 81pts, Thunder to 93pts, Kings to 93pts, 76ers to 89pts and Pacers to 86pts. This one is a combination of poor offense and terrible defense though.

tbh I aint quite optimistic about next game though, cant even beat Smith-less Hawks. What troubles me most is that the Hawks will be gaining confidence going into the Nets game, they can be scary if playing like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Lol yea well thats why i said it was an ATTEMPT. But werent we down 20 plus at one point?

I dont remember, but anyway you see it this is a horrible loss. I am afraid that the confidence the Nets have gained from the last few games is all gone after this one. If its true as its a VC 3 said that the nets were winning games on confidence, we'd be seriously screwed. The Hawks gained confidence in a win without Smith, we are losing it. Lets hope PJ finds a way to motivate the players.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 01-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #338
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow... there's obviously some serious peer and cultural pressure going on for those trying to be an honest nets fan in NYC... or the NYC area.

the nets could lose the next 10 games and i think most bball fans around here would still be ducking their heads under their jackets at the mere mention of "the NBA" or "cavs" or whatnot. the nets would be about as good as the lakers, bulls, spurs, thunder in their shriveled minds.

haha, at least my area HAS a team, or multiple teams. THEIR entire team (except for sideshow bob) moved to miami a couple years ago, and the rest of cleveland wasn't allowed to come along.

so sad...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #339
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Actually the Nets defense has been somewhat good before the Raptors game, we locked down the Bobcats to 81pts, Thunder to 93pts, Kings to 93pts, 76ers to 89pts and Pacers to 86pts. This one is a combination of poor offense and terrible defense though.

Holding teams to a low scoring output is not good defense. It's just part of the work. It's primarily about field goal percentage. A low scoring game for the Nets occurs because of the slower pace the Nets play. The Nets always play a half court game and rarely run the ball. That spills over into the other teams chances of running the ball.

Let's look at the wins you mentioned and see the field goal percentage of those games.

Bobcats:
81 points allowed on 38.4% = Superb

Thunder:
93 points allowed on 50.0% = Sub-par ( Better than their average)

Kings:
93 points allowed on 43.0% = Great

76ers:
89 points allowed on 48.2% = Sub-par ( Better than their average)

Pacers:
86 points allowed on 42.4% = Superb ( Better than their average)

Again, not to try to prove a fell Nets fan wrong but I am a passionate Nets fan that cannot stand our hundred million dollar veterans failing defensive assignments and not paying attention to the scouting report. Out of these 5 games you mentioned, 3 of the teams shot better than their season averages. With the Thunder shooting a wretched unacceptable 50% and the 76ers 48%.

We have seen against the Pacers and Thunder exactly what transpires when we get stops.

Last edited by It's A VC3!!! : 01-17-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #340
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

An ugly victory, but Id take it, way better than going on a losing streak. Hopefully we pound the overrated Knicks team next game, not too optimistic though. This may sound evil, but I wish Kidd suffers a season ending injury during that game and retires afterwards.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 01-19-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #341
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This may sound evil, but I wish Kidd suffers a season ending injury during that game and retires afterwards.
You never cease to amaze me.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #342
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
You never cease to amaze me.

lol, I bet this time its not in a good way? Anyway, if this happens we dont have to see him wearing that ugly jersey anymore, its painful to think.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 01-19-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #343
gigantes
A piece of fluff

right, before i saw your post i somehow assumed that you were a kidd fan like i'm a kidd fan. i.e., i want him to do well wherever he plays and have as long and glorious a career as possible, even if the days of high stats are over.

but, yea.... like i was saying in that earlier post, i know it's hard for you fans in the NYC area to resist the hate. i'm glad you guys do the heavy lifting on that front while i'm free to sip pina coladas and say kind things about the knicks as the spirit moves me.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #344
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
right, before i saw your post i somehow assumed that you were a kidd fan like i'm a kidd fan. i.e., i want him to do well wherever he plays and have as long and glorious a career as possible, even if the days of high stats are over.

but, yea.... like i was saying in that earlier post, i know it's hard for you fans in the NYC area to resist the hate. i'm glad you guys do the heavy lifting on that front while i'm free to sip pina coladas and say kind things about the knicks as the spirit moves me.

Well I did wish him to do well in Dallas, I was quite happy to learn he won a title in 2011. I'd support him wherever he plays except for the Knicks though, and I guess you understand why. Honestly, how did you feel when Kidd hit that tie-breaker three at that Nets-Knicks game as a Nets fan? Imagine it comes at playoffs time...

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 01-20-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #345
gigantes
A piece of fluff

well, jason kidd is the guy who got me in to being a nets fan 12 years ago, so he has permission from me to hit that shot. :P

i wouldn't want tim duncan or anyone else to hit that shot, though... it's a special permission just for jason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread