Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Article: Dwight Howard is settling into Kobe Bryant's neighborhood

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,3851624.story

Quote:
By Melissa Rohlin
January 16, 2013, 7:34 a.m.
Dwight Howard emerged from the showers resembling The Hulk, his already broad shoulders exaggerated by a large ice pack.

His recent play has been similarly oversized.

In Howard's last three games, he has averaged 22.3 points on 29-for-36 shooting, making a remarkable 80.6% of his shots from the field. Oh, and he has grabbed 18.7 rebounds a game.

"My legs are coming back a little bit, I'm in a little bit better shape and they're finding me in the right spots," Howard said. "I just got to continue to play with energy and effort and, like I said, believe that we can turn this thing around."

Good to hear this. Its better obviously if you read the whole thing. Dwight Howard made a comment yesterday that I sort of agreed with. He said that they basically have to play the way they did against the bucks if they want to keep winning. I had the impression he was talking about him and Kobe's successes individually. Each of them had 31 points, with Dwight adding 16 rebounds. If you ask me, those were Shaq-Kobe-esque numbers. If they do in fact keep producing in that manner, and these role players like Clark, Artest, and Nash keep doing what they do best, this would be one heck of a team to try and beat in a 7 game series. I am hoping that the players are finally getting used to their roles. Then we can truly judge D'Antoni's system while these players are comfortable in it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Default Re: Article: Dwight Howard is settling into Kobe Bryant's neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Each of them had 31 points, with Dwight adding 16 rebounds. If you ask me, those were Shaq-Kobe-esque numbers. If they do in fact keep producing in that manner, and these role players like Clark, Artest, and Nash keep doing what they do best, this would be one heck of a team to try and beat in a 7 game series.

I agree LF...

and I really like the supporting cast... other starters and bench.

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Article: Dwight Howard is settling into Kobe Bryant's neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I agree LF...

and I really like the supporting cast... other starters and bench.

Definitely man! Earl Clark was a beautiful surprise too. There is always going to be that one guy on a mission. Hopefully D-Mo and some of those other guys can start getting comfortable too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: