Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Mobile Gaming

So I recently joined the smartphone population with a Pantech Marauder. And of course being the gamer I am I immediately began searching for othe best mobile games.

Of course there are the "casual" games, and they are a lot of fun. Temple Run, Cut the Rope, etc. There's also the board games, (I have yet to beat the app at either Go or Fanorona... on EASY!).

But I am interested in dedicated games, hardcore games for mobiles. I think mobile could have a very strong presence in two fields: RPG's and Simulation. As of right now I own Blood Brothers (recommend) and Plague Inc. (REALLY recommend). I also have Soulcraft (don't really recommend).

But they are all missing just a little bit of something. What are your experiences with with mobile gaming? What do you think it will take to get the hardcore games to move to the next step? I think when dedicated gaming companies start allocating their studios' time and money toward the genre we'll see some seriously good stuff.

My only complaint is that all of these games seem to need data of some sort. It is rare to find a game that doesn't require a Wi-Fi connection of some sort or data usage. It'd be nice if there becomes a system where we can purchase the game and then play it offline, much like we do with console games. But that will only happen when the profit of the games changes. I'd be willing to pay 15-20 bucks for a great, long enough game, so they won't have to include ads and buy ware and such.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mobile Gaming

If they're up your alley, Square Enix has started releasing the Final fantasy games. Also I can somewhat recommend the mass effect infiltrator game. If it's still 6 bucks it isn't worth it. But it was worth the 2 I got it for on sale. It'll keep you busy for a few hours probably.

While not exactly an RPG Punch Quest is pretty solid. The avengers initiative game is pretty good as well, although right now there's only Hulk and Cap to play with. They update it continuously though adding more avengers etc etc.

http://applorer.com/game-reviews/top-10-rpg-games/ <---this site has some interesting ones I may check out.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Temple run is overrated to me. I love cut the rope.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The best mobile gaming on my phone comes from a Gameboy Advance emulator. The system had a huge library of great games and having the standard emulator ability to save states is a necessary feature when you're on the go. Right now I'm playing through Final Fantasy 6 again and playing Advance Wars 2 for the first time.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
BuffaloBill
Ariana Army

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The best mobile gaming on my phone comes from a Gameboy Advance emulator. The system had a huge library of great games and having the standard emulator ability to save states is a necessary feature when you're on the go. Right now I'm playing through Final Fantasy 6 again and playing Advance Wars 2 for the first time.

This. Pokemon fire red and leaf green all day. Even emerald
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #6
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Get a couple emulators + The Walking Dead.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

None of the games feel awkward without button feedback? Unlike op, I still haven't made the jump to a smartphone, but this might convince me.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
None of the games feel awkward without button feedback? Unlike op, I still haven't made the jump to a smartphone, but this might convince me.

The develop teams of mobile gaming all have this challenge to over come. The games play a little bit differently, utilizing touchscreen capabilities. As with anything else you get used to it.

Unfortunately for games like Soulcraft they tried to merge the two and you end up with a touchscreen joystick. Which would be fine if it worked better. It doesn't.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: