Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here
Default in a jam over craigslist..?

I've had problems with the Superdrive on my Macbook Pro (late 2008) almost from the beginning.

I recently acquired it over craigslist for what i thought at the time was a very reasonable price of $250, i had asked the guy numerous questions prior to making the purchase and everything seemed to check out okay, so I decided to go ahead and meet up with the guy, when we met up he even threw in a soft protective case which i thought i was extremely nice. However, there is one major problem..

The problem i'm having is that it selectively rejects CD's and DVD's for no apparent reason. I inserted a Wu cd yesterday, finally got it to mount, and saw the first three song titles in English and the rest in what appeared to be either Japanese or Korean.

I found a superdrive over ebay for around $45.00 and politely e-mailed the guy i had met over craigslist asking for $50.00 to cover the charges, he has yet to email me back..

am i being unreasonable? i realize that he was selling it for a good price however i feel because of my extensive questioning prior to meeting him that i should have been informed that the superdrive was not working properly. I feel like that's something hard to miss when you are preparing to sell a macbook.

I'm not sure if i should send him another e-mail in a few days if he still hasn't responded or if I should just let it go all together, i just don't feel like he was being very honest and upfront and that doesn't sit well with me, but it also could have been an honest mistake.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: in a jam over craigslist..?

No offense, but you probably have the same chance of getting your money back as Lance Armstrong has growing a second nut back.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did you pay that much for one? They're like 70ish on Amazon.

I would at least email him again just to try, worse thing that could happen is he ignores you.

EDIT: I see why now you thought it was reasonable..got it.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If this were a real post and we hadn't seen the actual thread, most people would come in supporting your side of the story and call the other guy a dick until he responds.

We already obviously know that the actual side we heard is pretty reasonable with the OP trying to figure how to approach it. But the point is well made MMadsen.

Edit: Ok, maybe not "obviously" as I see several people responding seriously to you.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's what you get for buying an Apple product....be mad
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I might have laughed if the OT didn't have the same joke like 4 posts in.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Who buys anything from a dude named Craig?

Last edited by L.Kizzle : 01-20-2013 at 05:22 PM.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

haha wow that is crazy,
theres another guy on insidehoops who's having trouble with a buyer and i think he sold a macbook for around the same price, and same apparent problem

what a small world
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is a pretty well-respected posterenayes is a pretty well-respected posterenayes is a pretty well-respected poster

you ain't getting sh1t b1tch
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: