Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #61
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

If Brady loses another Super Bowl, can we once and for all stop putting him in GOAT category?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #62
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
If Brady loses another Super Bowl, can we once and for all stop putting him in GOAT category?
With no giant-slayer Giants there, I am worried that he might actually win the super bowl.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #63
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
That's dumb, but you do like saying dumb things. How can you count fewer games over more games?

Brees has a ways to go to catch Manning.
How is that dumb? The way you get to the Superbowl and win the Superbowl is through the post-season. Brady gives you a better shot. Manning might give you a better seed in the regular season, but that's it.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #64
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

If you take Tom Brady out of the conversation for 3 super bowl losses than I hope you don't also consider John Elway as one of the GOAT.

Which...I don't understand.

Hope you were being sarcastic on that post.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #65
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
If you take Tom Brady out of the conversation for 3 super bowl losses than I hope you don't also consider John Elway as one of the GOAT.

It's unbelieveably dumb for a player to get downgraded at all for playing in a superbowl and being on a losing team.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #66
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

No one calls John Elway the GOAT. He's an all time great, but no one puts him at #1.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #67
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No one calls John Elway the GOAT. He's an all time great, but no one puts him at #1.

You said the GOAT conversation. I took that to mean players worthy of being mentioned as one of the best to ever do it. People definitely do make cases for John Elway. Same for Brady. Losing a super bowl does not discredit a QB in my mind unless his play was a major factor for his team losing the super bowl.

Brady won 3. The 2 he lost were not a result of poor play by him. Both took late game drives by Eli Manning and one miracle play to beat him.

If they make the Super Bowl, and lose because Brady played terrible. OK. But if they lose by a last minute FG or something you can't blame the guy if he did what he had to do.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #68
Sarcastic

Quote:
You said the GOAT conversation. I took that to mean players worthy of being mentioned as one of the best to ever do it. People definitely do make cases for John Elway. Same for Brady. Losing a super bowl does not discredit a QB in my mind unless his play was a major factor for his team losing the super bowl.

Brady won 3. The 2 he lost were not a result of poor play by him. Both took late game drives by Eli Manning and one miracle play to beat him.

If they make the Super Bowl, and lose because Brady played terrible. OK. But if they lose by a last minute FG or something you can't blame the guy if he did what he had to do.

Don't look at my post. Look at the title of the thread that YOU are posting in. It's about Brady becoming "THE GOAT QUARTERBACK".

Also Brady won 3, not necessarily because of him, but because Adam Vinatieri + Pats defense.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #69
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Don't look at my post. Look at the title of the thread that YOU are posting in. It's about Brady becoming "THE GOAT QUARTERBACK".

Also Brady won 3, not necessarily because of him, but because Adam Vinatieri + Pats defense.

The reason I posted in this thread is to address your post. I don't think it's fair to take him out of the conversation when people are still going to throw in names like Peyton Manning, Marino and Elway.

Marino never won a SB, Peyton has lost one and won one, but does not have the play off success Brady has had (on some part due to some mistakes made by him) and Elway lost 3 super bowls.

The fact of the matter is they are all time great QB's and people make cases for them as the greatest. Brady deserves to be in the conversation if those players are in it as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #70
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
How is that dumb? The way you get to the Superbowl and win the Superbowl is through the post-season.

You're ignoring the reg season. Poor reg season = no playoffs. Why put all your eggs in the playoff basket when the reg season is much longer? These guys play like 200+ reg season games and maybe 20 playoff games if they're lucky.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #71
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Why is a team losing in the SB such a big knock on a QB? In what way does that make much sense?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #72
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why is a team losing in the SB such a big knock on a QB? In what way does that make much sense?

It wouldn't just be 1 loss. It would be 3 losses.

As I said previously. QBs get too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses. But that's just the way it is. The QB is the extension of the coach on the field. He has the most responsibility of any other player, maybe in any other sport.

And I'll throw the question back the other way. If Brady wins one more, why does that make him GOAT?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #73
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
It wouldn't just be 1 loss. It would be 3 losses.

And? You act like it's worse to lose in the SB than it is to even get there. It's incredibly difficult to make it to the SB, but you somehow look at it as a big negative when they lose like it's all the fault of one single player? A QB could play really well, but his team could still lose. I think a big reason why Jim Kelly made it into the HOF so quickly was because he made it to 4 straight SBs, even though they lost all 4.

Quote:
As I said previously. QBs get too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses. But that's just the way it is.

No, that's the way it is for people who think like that. You don't have to just because others do. I don't think that way and like PT I think it's shame that so many have bought into that line of thinking. The media looks for a scapegoat for every sport, but we don't have to go along with their nonsense.

Quote:
The QB is the extension of the coach on the field. He has the most responsibility of any other player, maybe in any other sport.

Umm, no. It's the single most important position in football, but that's about it. The QB is not out there for defense and he's not out there for STs aside from those that are holders.

Quote:
And I'll throw the question back the other way. If Brady wins one more, why does that make him GOAT?

I'm not the one trying to make a case for him being GOAT. Personally, I think it's too difficult to really pinpoint 1 single QB as the GOAT. I have my own personal pick, but I think there's about 6-7 guys I wouldn't have a big problem with if someone says he's the GOAT. I think some people are looking for some sort of criteria to separate QBs so I think that's why some tend to overvalue SBs and team accomplishments like that.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #74
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I place all bame for the Pats' loss on Euroleague and this thread.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #75
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has an OK reputation so far
Default Brady Continues Playoff Dominance

Tom Brady now has 2 more playoff wins than Joe Montana, and TWICE as many as Peyton Manning.

Last edited by Euroleague : 01-12-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: