Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #16
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation
Default Re: Sleep deprived....

8 hours, pulling an all nighter with friends,
Time differences between countries always gives me ahuge migraine (Once went 14 hours without sleep )
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I've been taking prescription strength shit to help me sleep for 5 or 6 years now. It's under control now, but when I first started, I went two weeks without getting more than 45 minutes of sleep every night. It got to the point where I didn't know if I was asleep or awake. I got a script for Xanax and slept for a full 24 hours. Had another episode about a year and a half ago where I went a couple of days without sleeping and eventually passed out in my barber's chair.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've done 56 last December. Didn't get my first yawn till about 48 hours in. I thought that was pretty impressive. 70 is the most I've ever done. I slept about 7 hours after that. What an ironic sleep-wake ratio.

I don't get much sleep. Co-morbid Insomnia equiped with School, work, and my sister - so time isn't on my side. But you get 'used 'to it I guess. I can't lie though, it's a recurring problem, but I can tell I'm 'different' when I go nearly two straight days without sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I've been taking prescription strength shit to help me sleep for 5 or 6 years now. It's under control now, but when I first started, I went two weeks without getting more than 45 minutes of sleep every night. It got to the point where I didn't know if I was asleep or awake. I got a script for Xanax and slept for a full 24 hours. Had another episode about a year and a half ago where I went a couple of days without sleeping and eventually passed out in my barber's chair.
My cousin experienced this same scenario. But he didn't get Xanas. He got other some anti-anxiety medication, and he said he never slept better. He doesn't take them anymore though, don't know why, especially when his sleep problems are still present.

Last edited by Batz : 01-17-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I haven't slept for more than 4-5 hours in over a year except when I'm drunk, can go 2-3 days without any problems.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most I've ever done is about 23-25 hours without sleep.

I think I function best at 6 hours/night. 8 or more, I'm a bit lazy and unmotivated in the morning. 5 or less, I'm way too tired to do anything.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I think I function best at 6 hours/night. 8 or more, I'm a bit lazy and unmotivated in the morning. 5 or less, I'm way too tired to do anything.

Same with me. I usually get 6 hrs a night during the week, 7 on weekends. Sometimes I'll take a 10 minute power nap at lunch.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm sleep deprived all the time, including now. For whatever reason, it's like I'm compelled to stay awake and I have no idea why. Then, there's also insomnia.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Hope your daughter is well.

Well for me the longest was 36 hours, concentration became a problem somewhat, kindof slow minded, but mostly i looked different rather than felt different, literally looked like a zombie/vampire, pale, itchy & blood shot eyes...... the best part is when you go to bed after being up for so long, you will have the best sleep of your lifetime... when i went to bed i fell asleep in like 20-30 seconds max, then i i slept for like 15 hours or so lol... kindof felt like a new man when i woke up with massive energy.

I am sleep deprived exactly 1 day a month, when i am there i notice it very well because no matter how hard i try i can never go to sleep at the same time, always have to go to bed at least 1-2 hours later than the previous night.... in order to fix that i have to skip sleep that night and go to bed "normal" time next day/night or else my sleeping habbits are screwed up....

Last edited by pauk : 01-18-2013 at 11:18 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #24
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Hope your daughter is well.

Well for me the longest was 36 hours, concentration became a problem somewhat, kindof slow minded, but mostly i looked different rather than felt different, literally looked like a zombie/vampire, pale, itchy & blood shot eyes...... the best part is when you go to bed after being up for so long, you will have the best sleep of your lifetime... when i went to bed i fell asleep in like 20-30 seconds max, then i i slept for like 15 hours or so lol... kindof felt like a new man when i woke up with massive energy.

I am sleep deprived exactly 1 day a month, when i am there i notice it very well because no matter how hard i try i can never go to sleep at the same time, always have to go to bed at least 1-2 hours later than the previous night.... in order to fix that i have to skip sleep that night and go to bed "normal" time next day/night or else my sleeping habbits are screwed up....

I've done that (just wait a whole day to get back to a "regular" schedule) a few times as well...

but backwards ...

i've slept into the next day, not stayed awake until the next day.

And as for how long i've ever stayed up without any sleep...probably around 30 hours...and it sucked...headaches, stomach problems that didn't allow me to eat, eyes itching, impaired judgement, etc.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #25
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I'm sleep deprived all the time, including now. For whatever reason, it's like I'm compelled to stay awake and I have no idea why. Then, there's also insomnia.
Maybe it's because you feel like you're missing out on something. That is a common reason.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I attended a live taping of the Price is Right in May 2007, right before Bob Barker retired, I arrived in line outside of CBS television city in LA at 2 p.m (after waking up at about 8 that morning), and did not go to bed until about 10 the next day. Roughly 38 hours. Tickets were first come/first serve, so I had to get there early. Some people passed out on the sidewalk, but I couldn't do that.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #27
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Longest I went without sleep was about 43 hours or so. I had a really bad sinus infection so I just could not fall asleep no matter what I did (had exams that morning as well, so I just said **** it and did some studying at 5 AM). It wasn't even that bad. I was coughing like crazy and couldn't breath out of my nose, but mentally I was the same as usual. I have anxiety issues to begin with, so I guess I'm used to being paranoid about everything
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: