Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
He's not leaving the bills hands. I want to see where The Big 3 (Wallace, Bowe, Jennings) sign.

Pretty interested to see the type of money Wallace gets after a disappointing season. The Steelers could end up losing him and Mendy (almost surely gone) so our offense could look very different next year.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Cameron Wake 2.0??

I still think they need help in the corner position. I feel that they get burnt every postseason through their CB's.
Not even close if you watched him but no one actually believes that anyway, he's good in the CFL no where near as dominant at wake.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Pretty interested to see the type of money Wallace gets after a disappointing season. The Steelers could end up losing him and Mendy (almost surely gone) so our offense could look very different next year.
Well since you're a steelers fan how much do you think he's worth at his age and the talent he's showed?
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #19
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Well since you're a steelers fan how much do you think he's worth at his age and the talent he's showed?

Not sure, I'd have to look at what other receivers have gotten but he is worth a good bit less than number 1 guys. He is only 26 and is a proven guy tho so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see someone overpay.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,740
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Pretty interested to see the type of money Wallace gets after a disappointing season. The Steelers could end up losing him and Mendy (almost surely gone) so our offense could look very different next year.

Losing Mendenhall will probably be an addition by subtraction type of situation. They can easily find a RB in the draft who can replace or fill a part of his production with the fraction of the cost and headaches. RB's are a dime in a dozen..

Steelers need to patch up that O-line. That o-line has been abysmal for years(don't know about this past year tbh) and they need to keep Ben healthy, it will also lead to a better running game. I don't know about the cap situation w/ the Steelers but I'd let Wallace go and go after a tackle like Albert. I also don't think Albert would be as expensive as Wallace but you never know as OT tend to get overpaid.

I think they can replace Wallace's production by getting players like Amendola or a David Nelson type of player(I know Wallace is a speedster).
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Losing Mendenhall will probably be an addition by subtraction type of situation. They can easily find a RB in the draft who can replace or fill a part of his production with the fraction of the cost and headaches. RB's are a dime in a dozen..

Steelers need to patch up that O-line. That o-line has been abysmal for years(don't know about this past year tbh) and they need to keep Ben healthy, it will also lead to a better running game. I don't know about the cap situation w/ the Steelers but I'd let Wallace go and go after a tackle like Albert. I also don't think Albert would be as expensive as Wallace but you never know as OT tend to get overpaid.

I think they can replace Wallace's production by getting players like Amendola or a David Nelson type of player(I know Wallace is a speedster).

The OL just gets decimated by injuries every season. Pouncey was relatively healthy this year but Decastro missed half the season with a torn MCL in preseason, Marcus Gilbert is a *****, and Mike Adams just wasn't ready altho he played well at times. I think the line will be better next season with Adams and Decastro one year older and more experienced. It would obviously be nice to have a bit more depth tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #22
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,740
Default Re: 2013 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
The OL just gets decimated by injuries every season. Pouncey was relatively healthy this year but Decastro missed half the season with a torn MCL in preseason, Marcus Gilbert is a *****, and Mike Adams just wasn't ready altho he played well at times. I think the line will be better next season with Adams and Decastro one year older and more experienced. It would obviously be nice to have a bit more depth tho.

I liked DeCastro coming out and the injury he had just ruined his rookie season. Pauncey is a stud and I heard bad things about Gilbert and Adams.

Albert would anchor the line and help the young guys on the line as well, not to mention he's very versatile. Steelers need a healthy Big Ben to be successful, Charlie Batch ain't winning you football games lol.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy