Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #31
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I just calculated an adjusted Michael Jordan career statistics, and wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke812
Did you not see that horrible watered-down-syndrome era of NBA basketball? There was no such thing as defense. It was "offense" and "that other thing".

I swear to god if someone made a time machine I would go back and lock down Michael Jordan myself. Send his ass packing in the first round. 0 rings Jordan.

You can troll all you want but can you explain how he was still able to return and have some big games at age 39 (!), banged up and after injuries and years of basketball, in this era?
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board
Default Re: I just calculated an adjusted Michael Jordan career statistics, and wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cladyclad
Toughest defensive era my azz. In todays game their is Michael Cooper on every team damn near.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #33
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
"toughest defensive era"= high pace, high efficiency leaguewide

right on cue...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
You can troll all you want but can you explain how he was still able to return and have some big games at age 39 (!), banged up and after injuries and years of basketball, in this era?
He can't.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #35
tobethdope
i don't like bananas

tobethdope has not been impressing people

Quote:
Everyone know Michael was just a beast and had an amazing peak.

You can do what you did for many players though.

Oh, and lol at PER. Some people talk about it like that's the main thing for a great player, when it's almost useless in my book.

six cships in 1 decade is a pretty long peak to me, more then half a career for most players...

no u cant do that for alot of players, he dismissed 7 games which virtually dont change anything; almost no player has a comeback season, almost no player returns after retiring...

even if i dont like per, i think its very valid statistic to compare franchise players

whatever, he has the sickest stats but what makes him goat are all the things u cant count on the court...(just like bird btw)
tobethdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #36
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

His playoff stats are RIDONKS too
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #37
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputationYao Ming's Foot has decent reputation

Quote:

Because leaguewide averages are based on tons of data and not just a handful of games.

Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #38
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
fyi, only 8 other players in the history of the NBA have had a single season with over 29.2 PER, and Michael Jordan averaged that for his career. and he did it in arguably the toughest era defensive era

PER is averaged out, so that the average player each year gets a PER of 15

so playing in a tougher era defensively makes no difference to your PER rating
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #39
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

if you adjust wilt chamberlain's statistics by removing every game he had but one, you could get it to show that he averaged 100 points a game
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #40
tobethdope
i don't like bananas

tobethdope has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
if you adjust wilt chamberlain's statistics by removing every game he had but one, you could get it to show that he averaged 100 points a game

yep, thats pretty much what op did here...
tobethdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 AM   #41
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Derivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputation

wow, jesus got bored in heaven and wanted to play some bball, so he came to earth as MJ
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #42
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
wow, jesus got bored in heaven and wanted to play some bball, so he came to earth as MJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqQtui0330
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: