Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #46
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hi, my name is Riddler and I'm an alcoholic (Been to a few AA meetings recently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Even drinking every 1st weekend of the month is considered a form of alcoholism by the WHO.

My name is rufus and I'm an alcoholic.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #47
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hi, my name is Riddler and I'm an alcoholic (Been to a few AA meetings recently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Depression has been linked to genetics actually
That is very believable...makes sense
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #48
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
My name is rufus and I'm an alcoholic.

Hi rufuspaul.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #49
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Of course there are different levels of alcoholism. Even drinking every 1st weekend of the month is considered a form of alcoholism by the WHO.

Wait, so what about when you drink every day?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #50
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Wait, so what about when you drink every day?

Then you're beyond hope.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #51
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pretty sure most consider the amount of drinking to be a problem when either you average over 2 drinks a day OR if whenever you do drink you binge

you can have one or two drinks every night and it not be seen as an issue...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #52
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Then you're beyond hope.

Oh no! My days are numbered.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #53
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #54
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
inb4 people start bragging about how much they drink/their country can drink

oh, too late

I have NEVER understood this. Like ever. Anybody can drink as much as they want really or is it like how much can you drink without dying? If it's simply who can drink the most, if you wanted too you can win. Maybe it's who can drink the most without being sloppy? .. Just makes no sense to me because when I was like 17 and 5'11/115-120 pounds I could probably drink as much as any person in this thread, I would just be sloppy black out drunk. So I suppose it's how sober you are while how much you consume that is the ego thing for dude's? Cause while I could keep up with people, I'd probably be far more drunk than some so they'd win because they'd be less sober?

Remember back in HS and even now to some extent whenever booze comes up, 50% of men just feel like bragging about how much they can drink or that they can drink somebody else under the table. Same with countries, like I'm from Canada we drink better than you because you're from America! or I'm from the UK and so forth.

As for drunks, does seem to be a each to his own kinda thing. I went from drinking every day at any point to gradually cutting back to every few days to drinking every Friday to now only getting drunk once every 2-3 weeks on Friday. I still end up black out drunk and making an ass out of myself/ruining things but seems to have worked. Guess it's different for the older folks when you have a wife/kids. When you're a kid just kinda have to smarten up, guess when you're 30+ you've been at it for a longer time thus harder to get yourself off it.

Really never understood what makes somebody an Alcoholic, seems like everybody has there own definition. If you went by some of the definitions, the entire world would be drunks
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: