Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Big League
I hit open layups

Big League has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame 2013 finalists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Not who I'd pick, but who I predict:

Allen
Bettis
Modell
Ogden
Parcells
Shields
Strahan
You had too many people there. Only five modern candidates can make it in each year.

I thought Ogden, Culp and Allen were locks. I felt either Sapp or Strahan would make it with a shot each would get selected this year.

Carter and Parcells? They both deserved induction but it was tough to know when the voters would finally select them.

Reed and Bettis were very good players and I don't think either needs to be in the Hall of Fame.
Big League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I always thought Sapp was overrated. His mouth was far bigger than his talent. Plus, I just don't like seeing such a gigantic douchebag get welcomed in with open arms. Make him wait. If you go by just credentials, then Shields has more than Sapp. 12x Pro Bowler, 8x All Pro, and wasn't a loudmouth ****head like Sapp. He also won Walter Payton Man of the Year and a Ed Block Courage Award.

Top Tackle - Munoz
Top Guard - Hannah

You sound like those writers who vote for stuff like this.

"I dont like him. Therefore he wont get in."

Sapp was amazing and deserving. Not even up for discussion. You think Sapp and Ray Lewis were overrated. Crazy
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Sapp is the best DT I've seen in my lifetime...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You sound like those writers who vote for stuff like this.

"I dont like him. Therefore he wont get in."

Sapp was amazing and deserving. Not even up for discussion. You think Sapp and Ray Lewis were overrated. Crazy

No, I'm saying based on the way they do things that they should have done it for him, too. They make other guys wait, so why not someone like him? How is it crazy to think they're overrated? Many people think so, as well. I'm very far from being alone on that opinion.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #20
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Sapp is not getting in ahead of Strahan...he most certainly should not.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status

I was wrong...

And this was ridiculous. Warren Sapp is not greater than Michael Strahan...ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you must not have seen much of Sapp, he was as dominate as it gets at DT, and like I said earlier, I think he is the best DT I have ever seen in my lifetime...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you must not have seen much of Sapp, he was as dominate as it gets at DT, and like I said earlier, I think he is the best DT I have ever seen in my lifetime...

I've seen plenty. Strahan was better...but if you think that Sapp is the better peak player, keep in mind that Sapp fell kinda hard. He was as great a defensive player as there was in the league, but within two years he wasn't a top 3 defensive player on his team. Was still great, still a Pro-Bowler, but well below where he was. Strahan was dominant for a long time. Towards the end he became a more all-around DE and not just a guy getting sacks. That D-Line was menacing and he was getting double teamed on every passing play. I've seen offensive lines set up solely to stop him. Osi got a lot of freedom due to Strahan, who was still one of the best defensive players in the league at the time of his retirement.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: