Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #901
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,326
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #902
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,343
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think he came back too soon. He doesn't seem confident on that knee. He missed a wide open dunk tonight. He isn't jumping with explosion. I'm not saying I think he re-injured it but I definitely think he's thinking about it still.
Possibly. I messed up my knee when I was a kid and I still sometimes stand on one leg in the shower.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #903
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,684
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
OK um, so can we put the "can Melo play with Amare" stuff away and start STAT now?


+ 1,000,000
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #904
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,032
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

felton is our x-factor, and i wud want to rest him a bit more to get his finger healed in time for the playoffs, we were terrible when he was out with barely any ball movement and since hes been back, hes fit in nicely with our other 3 scorers (melo/amare/JR) and is actually finding the right guys along with melo and the spacing has been good.


and amare coming in to play against the other teams 2nd unit is not bad, it alows us to form a sense that hes dominating (against 2nd rate players), and by time melo comes back in, teams are doubling amare which frees up shots for melo to come back in with extra space to shoot or to pass or drive
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #905
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,423
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

What a weird game. From being down by 12 to being up by 50 at some point
And all that with Melo almost not scoring at all.

Amare came in and completely changed the game with some help from J.R.
He really looked great last night. Tyson with back-to-back 20 rebounds game
Novak finally had a good shooting game.

And I agree with franchize on Shumpert. I hope he's just afraid and that he'll improve with time,just like Amare did.

Last edited by Clutch : 02-03-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #906
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Hilarious. Im getting a 6 pack over here laughing
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #907
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,999
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think he came back too soon. He doesn't seem confident on that knee. He missed a wide open dunk tonight. He isn't jumping with explosion. I'm not saying I think he re-injured it but I definitely think he's thinking about it still.
ACL injuries vary from person to person. He may not get that explosiveness back this year and it could be possible ever. Time will tell. I dont know if he's gotten over that mental part but if you watch him plant on side to side motion plants can give you an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
OK um, so can we put the "can Melo play with Amare" stuff away and start STAT now?
I dont want Amare to start though. I do think he can play at least 30 minutes a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
felton is our x-factor, and i wud want to rest him a bit more to get his finger healed in time for the playoffs, we were terrible when he was out with barely any ball movement and since hes been back, hes fit in nicely with our other 3 scorers (melo/amare/JR) and is actually finding the right guys along with melo and the spacing has been good.
I'm glad someone is giving Felton credit. It made me sick to argue Felton's value to the team over all the Kidd love. His play makes everyone better. His confidence to shoot the 3 (makes it or not), penetrate and kick. Giving opportunities for the bigs to get easy baskets or feed the post just gets taken for granted.

Knickcity I may have to give up the Krust Kings pic for that gif

Last edited by Rameek : 02-03-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #908
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

I'm glad someone is giving Felton credit. It made me sick to argue Felton's value to the team over all the Kidd love. His play makes everyone better. His confidence to shoot the 3 (makes it or not), penetrate and kick. Giving opportunities for the bigs to get easy baskets or feed the post just gets taken for granted.

I've been saying it all year. Kidd and Chandler get the bulk of the credit whenever we play well but it's clearl that Melo, Jr and Felton have been our most important players this year. I knew we'd struggle when Felton went out. He's the only guard w have that penetrates consistently. He has been like a blessing for Chandler's game. Between the easy alleys and putbacks, Chandler looks like a factor on offense when Felton is on the court. When Felton is out, simply put, our offense has no flow and we rely on Jr and Melo to torch teams.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #909
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,999
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

No your absolutely right Franchise. I apologize for that omission.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #910
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,423
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Is there a more fun player to watch than J.R. Smith in garbage time ?

It feels like every time we're up big he gets hot and knocks down every shot he takes or throws down a monster dunk.

J.R.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #911
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Gotta give credit where it's due. Chandler has been rebounding like a man possessed lately. Respect!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #912
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,326
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Gotta give credit where it's due. Chandler has been rebounding like a man possessed lately. Respect!
Woodson called him out for being an all-star and not playing like one.

It worked...didn't realize coaching could be that simple.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:16 AM   #913
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,423
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

F*ck Chandler. If he did that with like 22,26 and 24 rebounds I would be impressed. But he had a round 20,20,20 in all three games,obviously he just wanted to cross 20 and didn't care for grabbing more.
Also in the last 3 games he only had 3 blocks which is a result of not playing defense just to get the rebounds.
Not to mention he was a non factor on offense and missing easy layups and dunks like he's Jared Jeffries.

Sorry but I'm not impressed. Deciding not to play defense just to get rebounds and boost his personal stats is shameful and if Melo did this he would get destroyed by both fans and the media.

Just kidding,huge props to Tyson. Really rebounding like a beast lately.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #914
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
F*ck Chandler. If he did that with like 22,26 and 24 rebounds I would be impressed. But he had a round 20,20,20 in all three games,obviously he just wanted to cross 20 and didn't care for grabbing more.
Also in the last 3 games he only had 3 blocks which is a result of not playing defense just to get the rebounds.
Not to mention he was a non factor on offense and missing easy layups and dunks like he's Jared Jeffries.

Sorry but I'm not impressed. Deciding not to play defense just to get rebounds and boost his personal stats is shameful and if Melo did this he would get destroyed by both fans and the media.

Just kidding,huge props to Tyson. Really rebounding like a beast lately.

Baby steps lol You dudes and your hidden messages. "Aint nobody got time for that." lol

Quote:
Woodson called him out for being an all-star and not playing like one.

It worked...didn't realize coaching could be that simple.

Yea I saw the article. Sometimes it is that simple. Sometimes its more about motivation and less about X's and O's. Glad someone else saw what I saw though. I'm also glad we have a coach that holds players accountable regardless of who they are and what their reputation is. I hope Chandler keeps this up.

How about my man Dalembert though?
35 pts. 12 reb. 2 ast. 1blk 0 turnovers
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #915
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,423
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
How about my man Dalembert though?
35 pts. 12 reb. 2 ast. 1blk 0 turnovers
I was just going to post that

Also I read that he's the first player to have 35/12 in 27 or less minutes of play.
Not sure about that but if true
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy