Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #346
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Thread lacks shirtless pics
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #347
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
yeah, i see a lot of kids nowadays that use way too much of it but dont really eat... calories are just as important
3-4 eggs in the morning, steak or some other meat in the afternoon, protein shake before workout, after too if you want, and something lighter for dinner, like spagheti or potatoes with cottage cheese. Have some nuts, milk and vegetables/fruit inbetween. Its simple.
Might not be as simple as one would think. Depends on your goals really...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #348
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
I have just started going to the gym.

My mate who is very muscular and has been lifting for about 5 years now told me that I should use protein powder. Is it a must? I have read some negative things about it but so many people use it.

Can anyone help me with some brands as well and which to buy. Im from Australia so our stores might sell a different product to yours.

You should PM Hateraid. He's the go-to source on supplements
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #349
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Does anyone have any advice for stalling on military presses? I seem to be stuck at the same weight for a while now and was wondering if there are some other exercises I could incorporate to help it.

What's your shoulder/Triceps/traps routine? perhaps you've been going at those shoulders to hard? Maybe not allowing proper rest in all the support muscles for that movement?
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #350
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_3
What's your shoulder/Triceps/traps routine? perhaps you've been going at those shoulders to hard? Maybe not allowing proper rest in all the support muscles for that movement?

5 sets of military press (5 reps)
4 sets of front raises (8 reps)
4 sets of upright row (8 reps)
4 sets of side raises ( 8 reps)
1 set of arnold press (8 reps)
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #351
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Does anyone have any advice for stalling on military presses? I seem to be stuck at the same weight for a while now and was wondering if there are some other exercises I could incorporate to help it.

You could switch over to Push Presses first. When I was starting to press oferhead, I couldn't get past 85 for a triple. I switched over to Push Presses and worked up to 155 for 5 over a couple months then went back to OHPs and I was able to go from 85 to 125 quicker than I did from 55 to 85 (but only for a double). Definitely helps build confidence in putting heavier weights over your head and helps strengthen you at the top and on the way down. Also, since you can go heavier on the way down, it can carry over to the eccentric portion. Reason why lots of strength athletes work with negatives for certain periods in their training.

Last edited by NotYetGreat : 02-05-2013 at 02:13 AM.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #352
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
5 sets of military press (5 reps)
4 sets of front raises (8 reps)
4 sets of upright row (8 reps)
4 sets of side raises ( 8 reps)
1 set of arnold press (8 reps)

i see your hitting all 3 heads, hmm i'd say either take a little time off to rest up completely or maybe throw in some drop sets to make sure your absolutely killing those shoulders with the end of your last set on each exercise. They've worked wonders for me whenever i used to have plateau problems
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #353
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Any negative consequences to working out twice in one day?

I fell behind a little this week and didn't get in the gym on Monday or Tuesday. So today I hit chest/abs around 1:00 and jogged a mile after. I was feeling a little stressed after studying for an exam a little bit ago and got in a leg lift about 2 hours ago (squats, leg ext, leg curl, calf raises, weighted lunges).
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #354
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm curious, instead of working out M W F, if I were to just workout continually throughout the week giving myself 3 days rest between each muscle group?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #355
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I'm curious, instead of working out M W F, if I were to just workout continually throughout the week giving myself 3 days rest between each muscle group?
You can do it this way. It's called 'volume training' The thing is though, your going to have to cut your weights and not work till failure. Otherwise you'll burn yourself out.

Example If your max bench press is 225 for 10 reps....you might want to go to 210 for 10reps...This way you can sustain working out everyday.

If I were you I'd do this 6 days a week to atleast give your body one day of rest. jmo
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #356
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
You can do it this way. It's called 'volume training' The thing is though, your going to have to cut your weights and not work till failure. Otherwise you'll burn yourself out.

Example If your max bench press is 225 for 10 reps....you might want to go to 210 for 10reps...This way you can sustain working out everyday.

If I were you I'd do this 6 days a week to atleast give your body one day of rest. jmo

Thank you
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #357
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just noticed how much of a disparity there is in my tricep strength after doing skull crushers for the first time in a while. Need to get my right one going again. Was tragic seeing the bar go down crooked when doing them lol... Even on an extremely light weight. Was really concentrating to keep it even.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #358
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Question. I know a few guys here are regulars on bodybuilding.com (AND NO JEFF THIS IS NOT ABOUT THEIR FORUM)

But I just made my first supplement purchase from their store. Even with shipping it was a lot cheaper than GNC so I'll probably be doing all my supp shopping on there from now on. I was just wondering do they have a program like GNC's gold card? Where you can pay like an annual fee and get deals throughout the year?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #359
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Question. I know a few guys here are regulars on bodybuilding.com (AND NO JEFF THIS IS NOT ABOUT THEIR FORUM)

But I just made my first supplement purchase from their store. Even with shipping it was a lot cheaper than GNC so I'll probably be doing all my supp shopping on there from now on. I was just wondering do they have a program like GNC's gold card? Where you can pay like an annual fee and get deals throughout the year?
I avoid GNC like the plague! rip-off-city!

I buy my sups from a mom and pop shop near my house. Their prices are competitive with the online prices and I don't have to wait 2 to 6 weeks to get it.

You don't have anything like that near you?
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #360
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Introducing CT Fletcher. I've been watching his vids on Youtube. Dude is bad azz and motivating as f**k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xXsdWRaFw

He just started his channel so he only has like 10 vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CTTheTrainer/videos?view=0

He also has video's on the 'Strengthproject' channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/strength.../videos?view=0

check him out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: