Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #286
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Default Re: Post Your Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Correct that's what I'm hearing. They're only made to be Apple compatible from what I've read. So if you have a an Android phone the controls won't work.
damn. what'd u think I should get in your opinion? I posted how much I can get both for at Best Buy and Target. Also I don't really listen to music on my phone except for pandora if my ipod is dead. Best thing I can do is just go try on both at best buy then make my decision I guess.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #287
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
damn. what'd u think I should get in your opinion? I posted how much I can get both for at Best Buy and Target. Also I don't really listen to music on my phone except for pandora if my ipod is dead. Best thing I can do is just go try on both at best buy then make my decision I guess.
Not sure honestly. I don't use headphones any longer. I prefer IEMs.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #288
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Sound is a lot like art. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What someone else hears you're not going to hear. You have to search for what works for you. Right now I'm in a phase where I like In-Ear-Monitors. Headphones are just too clunky for me right now. Right now the Nu Force NE-700Xs are a god send for me and they're only $50-$60 and they sound better than a lot of $100+ IEMs.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's the general consensus of audio fidelity. Doesn't apply to me though because the sound coming from my headphones is actually perfect for me, yet at the same time I feel this awful guilt by owning such expensive gear that I don't think I should own. My case is rare for typical audiophiles because most of them have absolutlely no regard for money, but I just can't seem to enjoy music as much as I used to. ****ed up part about all this is that I'm having trouble settling with cheaper cans because now that my ears are somewhat trained, I'm more prone to detect flaws in the inferior quality. I feel like I'm caught in a crossfire.

I put up my HD600 for sale on craigslist but I pulled them right back because I can't seem to let these go. I gotta admit they're one awesome pair of headphones.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #289
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Picked up a pair of these today:

Have tried them a few times, but couldn't really justify the purchase, especially considering I've been pretty happy with my Sennheisers. But since I listen to music all day at work and was getting tired of taking them back and forth with me, I used that as my excuse to pick these up.

They already sound better than my Sennheiser 280s, and they aren't even burnt in yet. Stronger, yet cleaner bass, very clear highs, and the mids don't get lost in the shuffle. They're also more comfortable than my 280s, being lighter, having a better fit, and also having a less annoying cord. Also the Sennys tend to want to slide off of my head at times(especially when I grow my hair out), so far these are staying in place just fine. Looking forward to what they sound like in two weeks or so. Haven't tried them with games or anything yet.

Thinking of getting these headphones, just trying to find a decent price. Getting headphones in Canada kinda sucks.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #290
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

I got these pretty cheap on ebay over a year ago and the work pretty well. Their Beats knockoffs.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #291
BuffaloBill
Turtle Power

cheap pair of $30 in ear sony ear buds. Work like a charm.

Haven't used over the ear headphones since highschool
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #292
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Thinking of getting these headphones, just trying to find a decent price. Getting headphones in Canada kinda sucks.
http://www.soundprofessionals.com

They also have exclusive modded versions of the ATH-M50. I personally have their ATH-M50 with detachable coiled cable. Love everything about it.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 AM   #293
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Got these for $20 at FYE over the weekend. Pretty good but the wires are too damn long.

DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #294
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Ended up getting a pair of Sennheiser hd 439s, cost 50 bucks on boxing day. I'll probably upgrade later but they're pretty good for the time being.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #295
Maniak
TJ Warren

I got some Koss in ear pair for just around/under $50.

They're really nice, comparable to the JVC XX or whatever those are called (also in ear).

I feel as though I've lost a bit of sound in the right ear, but it's nothing that I notice that much. Doesn't leak much sound at all.

I'm thinking about grabbing an over the ear pair just because. I'm looking at a lot right now. The ath-ad700 get really good reviews and are only 100 on amazon at this very moment. However I'd never be able to use them in public and that's a bit of a downside.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #296
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Sennheiser HD 219

Just picked these up for $11 on amazon. If you have prime, well worth the buy They are refurbs... but I'm hoping they replaced everything

They are great in my opinion. Kinda like the BOSE ones that stay on the ear? They block most of the noise, which is a good thing living in the city. I can cross the street and still not be oblivious to everything around me. The sound is very good, but I am not a hardcore audiophile. If anything, the cord worries me because it's very skinny. I've already got it stuck on my shirt a couple of times. So I might pick up another few. $11 is cheap. If anyones wondering http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 AM   #297
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #298
SourPatchKids
Banned

Top 1 Sound quality/ sound leakage I've ever experienced.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #299
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Can anyone recommend some great, yet inexpensive headphones? My in-ear beats (rip offs) just broke after working great for almost two years.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:25 AM   #300
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

Thanks for the bump, reminded me to get new earphones and screen protector. Always forget to buy some

Planning on getting one of these.

And also, any recommendations for cheap iPhone 4s screen protectors? I got a really cheap one but it's awful.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: