Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Where do you read/watch reviews?

Anyone know of a good place for reviews? Usually I just go to IGN/Gamespot. Both seem to be OK but sometimes they are very pedantic about pointing out flaws that aren't really flaws, or hyping up games that are mediocre.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Where do you read/watch reviews?

Escapist is nice as well:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I check out IGN, Gamespot, gametrailers, game informer....metacritic.

On youtube I like to check out the reviews from Angry Joe, Ultimate Chance, Zeitgeist Reviews, Nerdy Netty, and Raychul Moore....by the way the last two are hot gamer chicks.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Giantbomb, GameInformer and Polygon are what I use. Giantbomb will usually give you a 30m-1h video reviews of them playing which are always hilarious and make me buy things I'm on the fence about.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gamespot is generally where I go for reviews. They aren't quick to hand out high scores unless the game really deserves and don't work on a silly 7-10 scale like other places (IGN) do. If a big name game sucks, they'll give it a 6 or less.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

IGN tends to give out scores to big releases that are a bit undeserving. I usually see what the metacritic score is and if it's above 80% I usually look into trying it out, if it's 65-80 range, I'll check IGN, Gamespot and Gameinformer. Lower than that I usually say f*** it unless it's a game I wanna play anyway
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #7
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Zero Punctuation because he hates pretty much everything, even the stuff he loves. I like this because I don't care if the reviewer likes the game or not so much as I want to see WHAT they like or not. And he really breaks it down extremely well. It's that case of a lover of video games who knows a bunch about them making reviews for others like him.

The ONLY problem is that it's one guy and he only reviews certain games so...
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Gamefaqs is the only site I go to for everything video game related. The other sites have too many ads and aren't laid out nicely like Gamefaqs is.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Gamefaqs is the only site I go to for everything video game related. The other sites have too many ads and aren't laid out nicely like Gamefaqs is.
Polygon, Gameinformer and Giantbomb are laid out better than Gamefaqs imo. Gamefaqs looks like a site I could make myself in 2000.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A lot of games I have a good idea if I will buy it based on who it's made by and the type of game it is. I do like the Giantbomb quicklooks though, it's gotten me interested in a few titles I wouldn't have considered before. I don't really pay attention to any specific reviews, I'll usually see how the game is received by the gaming community as a whole.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

giantbomb. and gamespy just hired matt rorie so i'm checking that out now

i dont look at actual reviews very often just need to see the game played and listen to it talked about

Last edited by Al Thornton : 02-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: