Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #271
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball game thread

I would consider the Indy win much more of an ulgy win than this one. There were stretches with offensive droughts for sure but at the same time we finally had a game where we held off the comeback charge and answered the call in the 4th For a little while there it looked like it had the potential to be another one of those games where we come out swinging and then fizzle out and give it up in the 4th.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #272
missionman
I airball my layups

missionman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball 2012-13 game thread

so far i'm good with the gay trade, but i'm agreeing with other posters - let's see more Ross and JV. Seems like we're getting our wish for JV, but good lord, Alan Anderson is shooting 36% from the field - do we really need to give him any minutes?

http://raptorsrapture.com/2013/02/05...rgain-or-bust/

Are there any stats out there that suggest that AA is good defensively?

I'd actually prefer to see Fields getting minutes over Anderson, because I'd understand that Colangelo dumped a whole bunch of money into him... I get the idea of trying to win games, and I'm actually excited about the Raps winning games, but the raptors have to go like 22 and 9 get to .500. Surely, Casey can find minutes for Ross... And what's with the infatuation for AA?
missionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #273
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

If Casey isn't going to play Ross then I'd rather see Fields out there instead of AA too. Fields give you defense, rebounding and doesn't go into kobe-mode
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #274
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Kobe mode = something players with the skillset of alan anderson ought to avoid.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #275
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Rudy Gay does it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSIR!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #276
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

NOT this guy again!!!
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #277
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rudy Gay! I expect a huge game tomorrow as long as he stays out of foul trouble.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #278
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Not to overreact BUT... when Rob Ford is inevitably thrown out of office, we all agree Rudy Gay for mayor 'miright?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #279
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #280
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Raptors did not deserve that win. Played horrible defence all night, it was tough to watch. Good for Rudy on that last shot and defence on their final possession.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #281
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
NOT this guy again!!!

F**kin Rooodie Gay man!!!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #282
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First off, that DD dunk was probably the dirtiest of his career. Secondly, I agree with Toni, we didn't deserve this win. But the thing is, how many times have we outplayed teams for 3-3.5 quarters and then had one giant letdown and had them steal the game from us. Having Rudy Gay seems to be our economic bailout plan. The guy only played 25 mins cause of foul trouble, picks up his 5th foul early in the 4th and sits again. But then with the game on the line, he delivers, just like he did in Memphis. If we had picked him up much earlier in the season (or in the off-season as we should have) I think we'd be on the other end of a lot of those close games, but I guess that's neither here nor there at this point.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #283
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Huge, and I mean HUGE game for AA stepping up big time in a nightmare shooting night for Gay. Once again JL stepped up when it counted. I'm definitely impresssed with his current streak but at the same time I still think he's one of those dudes that if he goes cold, he's useless. Nobody else on our squad really had that good of a game other than DD. It was ugly all around. Luckily Melo was just as cold as Gay otherwise we would've been in trouble. Anyways a win is a win and i'm glad we're learning how to win ugly.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #284
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I'll tell you what man, Rudy Gay may be an inefficient scorer but I definitely did not expect him to impact the game as much as he does even on cold nights. Despite what his reputation was he plays pretty great D and still gives you rebounds and assists and plays his ass off even when cold (I'm looking at you Andrea). Also solid, efficient night for Derozan with some major clutch freethrows late. Turk needs to fire his current dealer and find out whatever AA and JL3 are on because they're playing nuts the last couple days. It can't last, but I'll take it for now.

Whenever you play this ugly and still win it can't help but be seen as a step in the right direction.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #285
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

I was a little upset at the trouble he was having posting up against the small dudes they were putting on him like Felton. But yeah, he did impact the game in other was as was said, D and rebounding. I agree that his D was underrated I think coming out of Memphis. Either that or he stepped it up when he came to Toronto. Whatever the case, unexpected bonus. And just his mere presence on offense whether he's scoring or not the team looks so different/better with him out there. Opposing teams still look at us as a "must win" opponent but I think we still have that element of surprise working for us.

edit: I can't lie though, when Lowry lost his cool and visibily to the ref the call the bullshit, I was like damn we're f*cked. But with the way JL has been shooting lights out, I guess it makes sense to play him those 4th quarter mins for the time being. As for AA, love the dude. He took a huge minutes cut and lost his starting job when Gay joined the team. But yet he stays ready to play always no matter what role he's given and even when he's not playing he's one of the biggest cheerleaders off the bench.

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 02-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: