Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Nets inquire about Josh Smith

From Broussard, others.

Interesting and good fit. But could the Nets get him? Can you think of an appealing package for Atlanta the Nets could put together?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nets inquire about Josh Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
From Broussard, others.

Interesting and good fit. But could the Nets get him? Can you think of an appealing package for Atlanta the Nets could put together?

Umm interesting, the Nets FO is making lots of noises lately, but I aint sure what we can do to land Josh Smith. Gerald Wallace aint even an option considering his long contract worth of $10M+/year, the answer has gotta be Humphries? I just hope the team does not go after Ben Gordon, we have enough guards in Deron, JJ, Marshon and CJ Watson.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah our assets are terrible. Besides Hump because of his huge expiring contract next year and maybe MarShon, we dont really have much to offer. I'd love Josh on our team though, he'd bring quickness and athleticism on our team, 2 things we desperately need.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Josh Smith clearly makes any team better but the Nets need to focus on how to win more games with the current pieces they have now. Because they surely have the right players to be a much better team then they currently are. I welcome a Josh Smith trade though.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Josh Smith clearly makes any team better but the Nets need to focus on how to win more games with the current pieces they have now. Because they surely have the right players to be a much better team then they currently are. I welcome a Josh Smith trade though.

Honestly we dont, at least not until Deron undergoes his supposed surgery in this summer and fix his body. You know what a difference it makes for a healthy Deron and this current one-legged overweight Deron? So long as he gets into form, we can hope to be a 55 wins or even 60 wins team. You shouldnt allow the likes of Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace to be your go-to guy in crunch time.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Smith is not what this team needs.

Milsap and Ilyasova are much better options as they can space the floor.

Right now we play 3 on 5 on offense as Wallace and Evans are not shooters.. nor is Smith.

Really don't get what Smith adds that we need.
-He can't shoot
-His athleticism would be meaningless as we are not a running team
-He's not a great rebounder and we already are a very good rebounding team

And to top it off he's gonna want a max contract?!
Please... he would be the WORST contract in the league after he got handed that.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Smith is not what this team needs.

Milsap and Ilyasova are much better options as they can space the floor.

Right now we play 3 on 5 on offense as Wallace and Evans are not shooters.. nor is Smith.

Really don't get what Smith adds that we need.
-He can't shoot
-His athleticism would be meaningless as we are not a running team
-He's not a great rebounder and we already are a very good rebounding team

And to top it off he's gonna want a max contract?!
Please... he would be the WORST contract in the league after he got handed that.
Completely agree with you Chuck. But he would still be an upgrade over what we have now. All I know is Reggie Evans cannot start and play 30+ minutes or else we have a huge disadvantage on both ends of the court. I love Reggie but he's best used when playing 15-20 minutes off the bench. But yeah I'd much rather have Millsap, he already had good chemistry with Deron in Utah and would finally get him the PnR player Deron needs.

I would LOVE KG on this team but that's a pipe dream.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Completely agree with you Chuck. But he would still be an upgrade over what we have now. All I know is Reggie Evans cannot start and play 30+ minutes or else we have a huge disadvantage on both ends of the court. I love Reggie but he's best used when playing 15-20 minutes off the bench. But yeah I'd much rather have Millsap, he already had good chemistry with Deron in Utah and would finally get him the PnR player Deron needs.

I would LOVE KG on this team but that's a pipe dream.
Smith would be settling.. and then a huge mistake to pay him what he wants.

My order of preference is...

Mlsap
Ilyasova
Gordon
Nothing/wait a year
Nene
Boozer
J.Smith

And I would love KG..but sounds like he's retiring.

Also, I think we need to think about SFs as well, since Wallace can play PF (along with Evans, Teletovic, Blatche), so I think we need to inquire about Granger, Pierce, W.Chandler, Marion + VC, AK, and a few others.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

If we can acquire him without giving out Lopez, Wallace, Joe Johnson and Deron, Id say go for it. What if the Nets get Smith from Wallace, and Milsap from Humphries, man thatd be like a dream come true.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: