Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #2611
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are you reading?

Reading a few minibooks concurrently.

1) Microeconomics
Economics in One Lesson
Mises Economics
350 years of Economic Theory in One Lecture Youtube
How to Get Rich - Felix Dennis

2) Animal Behavior
Dog Training
Parental Psychology II: Conditioning Successful and FREE-THINKING Children
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #2612
The Big Skinny
The champ is here.

The Big Skinny is considered somewhat coolThe Big Skinny is considered somewhat cool

Just bought life of pi

Heard its a must read, and it was like 8 bucks.

is it worth the hype?
The Big Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #2613
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Fun, quick read.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #2614
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
^This book was amazing. Really emotional story.

Now I'm reading:

This book started off really slow and I almost stopped reading it, but I continued with it and the last few hundred pages were stunningly amazing. So glad I didn't judge it from it's slow start and finished it.

Now I'm reading this:

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #2615
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Reading the final book in the Wheel of Time series right now.

Following it up with Terry Francona's new book where he dishes on the bullshit that went down during his time managing the Sox.

Following THAT up with finally getting into the fifth Game of Thrones book.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #2616
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just finished The Fountainhead and Wealth of Nayions recently. Fountainhead was good and I enjoyed it a bit more than Atlad Shrugged because it was much easier to tolerate and Roark was a more enjoyable character than those in Atlas. Kinda cool he was based on Frank Lloyd Wright.

Wealth of Nations was cool. Most of it is just a support of free trade but it has some interesting sections on stuff like banking and education. Kinda fun to guess where he would stand on modern policy.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 02-18-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #2617
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The night before the blizzard I took my mother to Barne's and Noble to take a course on her Nook.

She's not technilogically retarded like most women approaching 60, so why she wanted to take this course, I really don't know, but she did. She was afraid there were things she could be doing with it that she wasn't. For example, you can apparently use it to surf internet on your tv. It has a cord, I told her to "just plug the thing in and see what happens", but I'm no expert who teaches a class, she needed that guy to tell her to "plug it in and it'll prompt you what to do".

Anyway I wondered around the store while her class was happening, which they do weekly and no one shows up, and she was the only one there that night, and stumbled onto a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy. But I have a nook that's a few years old that I never use, so I figured I'd give it a try instead. So when I got home I picked up this.

So far it's pretty good. It's only about 200 pages, and I'm about 50 in. It's about a team that gets sent into the furthest point in space mankind has ever been. It's from the POV of a journalist who was put on the team to report home. But as the ship heads out, people start dieing from one accident or another, and he's left alone on the ship, which then fails to turn around. I thought it would be more about everyone dieing, but I'm only a quarter in and everyone is already dead.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #2618
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am currently very interested in why people assume a lot. Why do people think it's our job to spread democracy and our way of living? Is such a thing even possible? If we go into a place with that goal how do we set it up from there?

This book is all about the failed reconstruction of Iraq. The author is a little grating, and annoying, but the information is good. It's clear that no one was on the same page.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #2619
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Endymion by Dan Simmons - 9/10

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #2620
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here
Arrow Re: What are you reading?

Hysterical book by my favorite comedian. It's literally one of the most evil and laugh inducing books I've ever read all at the same time.

Reviews:
"Wow! This fabulous book made me a better cheater and a shittier father!"
-Artie Lange

"I do not condone a single thing in this book; in fact I find the topic disgusting. The authors, however, are as funny as their ideas are despicable."
-Greg Gutfield
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #2621
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been reading nothing but a bunch of graphic novels.. didnt feel like posting those..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #2622
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I recently finished this and am almost finished with this one:

Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #2623
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think I read any entire books between 2005 and 2012. This will be the third one I've finished in 2013.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #2624
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I've read a bunch of books since I last posted, but this is what I'm currently reading:

This is a very fascinating book written by Joy Divisions bassist Peter Hook.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #2625
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: