Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #286
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people
Default Re: The official Raptors basketball 2012-13 game thread

Liviing outside of Toronto im forced to buy Leauge Pass to watch Raptor games. Most of the time im listening to US broadcasters so I get to hear an unbiased opinion of what the basketball world thinks. Last nights game on Leauge pass was broadcasted by Leo Rautins and Matt Devlin not sure who they work for. THEY ARE SUCH HOMERS and horrible broadcasters. I mean not that I dont think the Raps are doing well lately but they just over do it. And Rautins is so FAKE. One minute hes bashing Novaks Defence and calling him out because the Raptors are continuosly attcking him. And as soon as Novak starts hitting some 3pts Rautins is praising him as the next Ray Allen and stating hes completely surprised how 30 teams passed on him.

Melo is ICE COLD missing a bunch of shots. As soon as he makes ONE Rautins claims that Melo followed through better and thats why the shot went in. This guy is a joke if I lived in Toronto still I would probably pay the $170 or whatever for Leauge pass just so I didnt have to listen to this guy.
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #287
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I watch on league pass too. I was like 1/3rd of the games showed for me are Raptors broadcast and 2/3rds are others. And i'm fine with that. It's often very interesting to hear an outside perspective about the team. The best was a home game against Sacramento I think it was where one commentator was like "man this music has been going on all night, turn that racket off, is this a basketball game or a rap concert?"

But anyways, Matt Devlin is not a homer. He kind of tries to say "homer-ish" things but the only time he gives a real opinion on anything is when he's broadcasting with Jack and Jack drags it out of him. As for Leo, one of the worst broadcasters on the team. Leo seems to think he knows a lot more than he really does.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #288
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Devlin is a brainless caricature. I feel like I'm listening to a cliche robot with a Raptors bias calling the game. It's brutal. He doesn't bring any fun or insight (although that part isn't really his job). Leo is as smug as you get but occasionally he'll at least throw out an interesting piece of info amongst all the drivel.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #289
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Feels like it's been weeks since our last game!!!

Lets go for 5 straight
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #290
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Wale and Matt Devlin.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ouncer_devlin/
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #291
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Devlin's got street cred now.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #292
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart

I remember seeing Wale confronting him, but I thought it was a random fan heckling. This is jokes.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #293
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
I remember seeing Wale confronting him, but I thought it was a random fan heckling. This is jokes.

Yeah, like a 50 year old man is likely to know who the hell he is. Frig, I'm 20 and I still had absolutely no idea who the dude was.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #294
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Philly and Milwaukee lost today as well
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #295
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Another one of those games that was right there within reach and then poor execution down the stretch cost us the game. We have a guy who is capable of bailing us out from time to time. But so many of these games we wouldn't be in this position if we played sound defense, and our execution was sharper late in games. Also, way too much one on one last night. We have a talented team on paper, but we still need a legit backup point and backup Center. It's sad that we have a 10M guy on our roster who can't even handle being good/professional enough to play 20 minutes off the bench.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #296
bokes15
Playoffs!

OVER! In my mind it was pretty much a given that we were gonna give up that big lead. That's our M.O. Our closer handled business once again. Not gonna lie I was scared as shit when Lowry dribbled down the clock with the game tied and put up that bank shot floater over Chandler but hey he made it. Gay delivered down the stretch when we need it once again, Anthony missed when it counted, Raptors win!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #297
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
OVER! In my mind it was pretty much a given that we were gonna give up that big lead. That's our M.O. Our closer handled business once again. Not gonna lie I was scared as shit when Lowry dribbled down the clock with the game tied and put up that bank shot floater over Chandler but hey he made it. Gay delivered down the stretch when we need it once again, Anthony missed when it counted, Raptors win!

Got to admit I was nervous as hell too when Lowry was going 1 on 1 with Chandler, but he came through!
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #298
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I still think the Raptors are gonna finish just outside a 8th spot. I don't mind it tho. It's refreshing to see the Raptors win again and we'll be giving OKC a low lottery pick in a weak draft.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:35 AM   #299
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I'm being seriously honest, I don't ever see the Raps winning a championship.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #300
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryWest
I'm being seriously honest, I don't ever see the Raps winning a championship.

Cool story.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: